Morrissey interview in Folha de S.Paulo (Brasil)

This is where the wheels come off for most bands, not only for Morrissey. The South American legs. Looks like he is already planning an excuse. I don't think he can use "marinara sauce food poisoning" again. I mean how many times can you f*** a Brazilian transvestite hooker? Must get boring after awhile. I hope his food poising will get better by the NYE concert in LA. Anonymous-

This is where the wheels come off for most bands, not only for Morrissey. The South American legs. Looks like he is already planning an excuse. I don't think he can use "marinara sauce food poisoning" again. I mean how many times can you f*** a Brazilian transvestite hooker? Must get boring after awhile. I hope his food poising will get better by the NYE concert in LA. Anonymous-

Yawn. Your trolling is so tired.

Thanks for this. It seems 83k for worldwide sales of WPINOYB within the first two weeks of release is legit.

No probs, glad to oblige.

The upshot, of course, is that the idea that Morrissey can't get a deal because his records don't sell. Even without a 360 contract, investing in a Morrissey album is, on paper, a no-brainer. You're as near as can be guaranteed to make money. Unless either Morrissey insists on a ludicrous financial structure or won't agree to terms which will reassure nervous label execs that the whole thing won't end up in cease and desist letters. After all, he has tried and/or succeeded to scupper his last four deals with record companies.

Thanks for this. It seems 83k for worldwide sales of WPINOYB within the first two weeks of release is legit.

For a fifty something yo man putting out like his eleventh album in this day and age that's pretty darn good and that's only the first couple of weeks. Especially good for a guy not playing the industry machine who holds probably unpopular social ideas who talks about them constantly.

downloads are not computed for chart purposes so if you the are claiming the difference are downloads where did they obtain the information?
physical copies still outsell downloads so the 83 ooo figure is completely bogus.

downloads are not computed for chart purposes so if you the are claiming the difference are downloads where did they obtain the information?
physical copies still outsell downloads so the 83 ooo figure is completely bogus.

Let's face it, you don't really have a clue what you're talking about.

since when and where do downloads not count. i think even streaming something counts these days

Yes, using lyrics from a 20 year old song and what he wrote on a tambourine totally back up your theory.

Not a lot of brains here at solo.

Who said it was a theory? & How many brain cells did it take ya to come up with that above so called 'reply' ?
Hey It's just another way of looking at it... Must be another dude tooo crude to realize that though. Aren't you... CHARMLESS ?

- - - Updated - - -

For a fifty something yo man putting out like his eleventh album in this day and age that's pretty darn good and that's only the first couple of weeks. Especially good for a guy not playing the industry machine who holds probably unpopular social ideas who talks about them constantly.

:thumb:

Last edited:
Personally, I have no expectations of him. LOTL put paid to any I had remaining.

He is not standing his ground if there is nothing left to stand on. He could very easily make his songs and albums readily available to his fans in a myriad of ways yet obtusely continues to believe in the dying paradigm of the Big Record Company Contract. In this day and age, an artist/band with minimal commercial clout (say, one with a record that has sold less than ~20K copies in the US since release over a year ago) is not going to have record executives bending over backwards to offer him a contract. His public trash talk of Steve Barnett certainly did him no additional favors. He has not positioned himself to get a contract where he dictates all the terms. Just "being Morrissey" alone is not enough anymore. That is where self-release should enter the picture for his consideration. He is not saying it aloud but it is readily implied that he doesn't want to do the footwork. He plays the martyr when, in reality, it is the Art and his die-hard faithful who suffer in the process. If his Art were so important to him - and something he feels the world should hear - Morrissey should be falling over himself to get it out in the public view. Detritus provided an estimable precis as to how that can be a lucrative venture for him. That he continues to disregard this as an avenue shows a stunning paucity of imagination.

You see no burnt bridges because they have all been reduced to ash already. You are well-equipped with inappropriately-deployed ellipses and inane paraphrasing of lyrics, but blind to the bigger picture. There will be NO new Morrissey record, good or bad, if he doesn't reconsider the landscape of the music business as it is in the 21st century.

Dear Jammy,

I DISAGREE TO AGREE WITH YOU... in a way.. It is my way of looking at a situation... as we all are...from the outside.
Which IS...never to know... But doing are homework,google search,etc,gathering the 'facts'... And assuming we know EXACTLY what M is doing wrong and EXACTLY what he should do ! HOW LAUGHABLE !! NOW THAT'S the bigger picture If you can just but see it. No ?
And yes it is a changing world... But we have no choice but to sit back relax...and wait and see.Logical no? As I said , He will only do things his way, So be it.

And now, Since as you say..you 'have no expectations of him' (because of LOTL) then you are relieved of your duties and felt obligations to come on here and criticize him positively or negatively (many many inappropriately deployed ellipses here) YOU ARE FREE !!! :)

Last edited:
The other aspect not brought up regarding any kind of self release, is the media storm that Morrissey- well known for demands and label fishing- would create by just raising two middle fingers to the industry he courts, and self releasing after all of this fuss. I honestly think he would stand to make quite a lot more than he has for his last few releases combined, just for the sheer ballsiness of the move.

Also, wouldn't it play into his wounded martyr of the arts image that he has cultivated to release a pay what you will album?

"Yes, my blood, sweat and tears- pay what you believe it is worth, if it is worth anything at all!" *hand to forehead as he pulls a dramatic stage faint for effect*

:thumb:

Last edited:
the fact is that there is not much demand for moz music. he is a cult act that acts like a diva which is not a good combination.
boz and his other co writers dont work for free they have to be paid its not just showing up and making a record. the band wants royalties as well. then you have to print the cds and lps and ship for free to the kickstarter patrons.
no distribution unless he pays for it. kickstarter money would be gone in an instant.
not something to that would appeal to someone like moz who only moves after being paid.

Springsteen is 66 and plays 3/4 hours gigs. Singing and playing guitar like his life depends on it.

this is true but in general people like him are exceptions. they also have different health issues

Springsteen is 66 and plays 3/4 hours gigs. Singing and playing guitar like his life depends on it.

And has been doing so for the past 40+ years. And has the physique of a fit 25 year old. This does not apply to our Moz. We're all different. Utterly useless to make these comparisons.

He's also from New Jersey...which after THAT crappy experience, You pretty much become... unstoppable !

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom