New chart rule denies Morrissey his first number 1

H

Houdini

Damn! Why this week! Let's all start downloading quick!
Based on the new rule that downloads count towards the top 40 Morrissey will not be having his fist number 1.

Full story here, from Music Week:

Crazy downloads propel Barkley to top of chart
28 March 2006 - 11:14:42

The recent change in singles chart rules concerning the inclusion of downloads continues to break new ground this week, with Gnarls Barkley’s Crazy (Warner Bros) looking on course to enter at number one, based on digital sales alone for the first time in chart history.

Early retail reports suggest the single, which gets its physical release next Monday, will deny Morrissey his first number one after comfortably outselling his Attack/Sanctuary-released You Have Killed Me yesterday.

Crazy, which has been at the top of the iTunes download chart for some time, would also have made the top three last week if digital sales had counted towards chart places that far in advance.

Elsewhere in the singles chart, The Kooks are set to rise into the Top Ten with Naïve (Virgin), closely followed by a new entry from Depeche Mode’s Suffer Well (Mute), while releases from Michael Jackson (Epic), Milburn (Mercury) and The Streets (679) are also competing for a Top Ten placing.

god, who cares if he enters the charts or not? foget the neglectable #1. honestly, i don't know one great band which ever had a #1 hit.

The Specials, The Jam, Blondie, Pretenders, Bowie, Roxy Music, Pet Shop Boys, Elvis, Ian Dury, T Rex, The Streets, Roy Orbison, The Beatles, The Kinks, The Supremes... I will agree with you, though, that of late good number ones are as rare as a sane Moz-solo user.

> The Specials, The Jam, Blondie, Pretenders, Bowie, Roxy Music, Pet Shop
> Boys, Elvis, Ian Dury, T Rex, The Streets, Roy Orbison, The Beatles, The
> Kinks, The Supremes... I will agree with you, though, that of late good
> number ones are as rare as a sane Moz-solo user.

HAVE A LOOK AT MY POST FUTHER UP DO YOU THINK ANYONE WILL TAKE ANY NOTICE

It's doesn't seem like a big deal nowadays, but it would sort of be nice if it did go to number 1.

I've already got the 3 formats, though maybe I should get on to iTunes as well! ;-)

> It's doesn't seem like a big deal nowadays, but it would sort of be nice
> if it did go to number 1.

> I've already got the 3 formats, though maybe I should get on to iTunes as
> well! ;-)

Your Morrissey Needs You I have it on 4 formats now my Moz collection is huge now

Back
Top Bottom