NEW SONGS LEAK

A

Andy P

Hi there boys and girls, bit of a web leak this one, three new songs for a definite 2006 May album release are as follows. I'll get my plumbs roasted if I get found out, but here they are :

High-Rise Flirt

Your're Older Than Me Now

Apptitude

Act Drunk

Only a bit of info, but suppose better than nowt!

> Hi there boys and girls, bit of a web leak this one, three new songs for a
> definite 2006 May album release are as follows. I'll get my plumbs roasted
> if I get found out, but here they are :

> High-Rise Flirt

> Your're Older Than Me Now

> Apptitude

> Act Drunk

> ................

> Only a bit of info, but suppose better than nowt!

Of course, the second song title is a typo ..... should read 'You're Older Than Me Now'. Soz!

oh phoney!

how on EARTH would anyone anticipate that an album is definitely going to be released in May of next year?

Re: oh phoney!

yes this seems like a pretty outrageous claim...but may 06 does make sense as a release date, and the names of the songs are almost too arbitrary to be made up. then again, there are a lot of specious weirdos out there. who is to say whether or not this is one?

> how on EARTH would anyone anticipate that an album is definitely going to
> be released in May of next year?

very easily when you've got big-name producers and engineers. their time is booked months in advance and, barring any unforeseen obstacles or delays, it's easy to make a sample timetable and a working deadline. if you know, for example, that you'll do all the recording from september to november cos your producer's booked after that, it's easy to surmise how long the mixing and mastering will take. couple that with artwork layout being done whilst recording and that may due date hardly seems out of place.

> how on EARTH would anyone anticipate that an album is definitely going to
> be released in May of next year?

Re: Only one 'p' in aptitude

But that's the beauty of it! The misspelled words add creddibility! ;-) Meanwhile, as the poster says "I want to believe".

Re: Only one 'p' in aptitude

Well, fantastic as it would be I think it's a bit of a porky pie!

> very easily when you've got big-name producers and engineers. their time
> is booked months in advance and, barring any unforeseen obstacles or
> delays, it's easy to make a sample timetable and a working deadline. if
> you know, for example, that you'll do all the recording from september to
> november cos your producer's booked after that, it's easy to surmise how
> long the mixing and mastering will take. couple that with artwork layout
> being done whilst recording and that may due date hardly seems out of
> place.

if they haven't even entered the studio, how can anyone predict that something might not come up where the recording is further delayed?

even when they get into the studio, morrissey's albums never come out when they originally project them to come out. Maladjusted was supposed to be released around May or June but was pushed back until August. Live at Earls' Court was pushed back for nearly two months. given all of the variables, there is absolutely no way a person could say with 100% certainty what a release date for an album that won't be out until another year from now will be.

What's Jerry Finn's availability?

> very easily when you've got big-name producers and engineers. their time
> is booked months in advance and, barring any unforeseen obstacles or
> delays, it's easy to make a sample timetable and a working deadline. if
> you know, for example, that you'll do all the recording from september to
> november cos your producer's booked after that, it's easy to surmise how
> long the mixing and mastering will take. couple that with artwork layout
> being done whilst recording and that may due date hardly seems out of
> place.

A good question, then, would be: what is Jerry Finn's availability in the coming months? Is he working with other bands at the moment? I would hazard a guess that the commercial success of Quarry and the apparently beneficial working relationship with Morrissey will ensure his return as producer (whatever the artistic merits).

Cheers,

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom