NME cover 1983

mozmal

Beastly Little Parasite
Please see attached scan of NME cover from 1983. I only have an A4 scanner, so the missing text reads, "voted best new act of 1983 by the readers of NME. Ah, those were the days! Just thought you'd all like to see it. Cheers :D

Please see attached scan of NME cover from 1983. I only have an A4 scanner, so the missing text reads, "voted best new act of 1983 by the readers of NME. Ah, those were the days! Just thought you'd all like to see it. Cheers :D

Ta very much, excellent work. Keep it up and you'll be nearly as good as me at scanning mag articles!

Great pic, cheers.

Peter

Aaahhh, back when it was a newspaper, and it had healthy competition from Melody maker.

A lot of these kids won't remember it, but back then it meant something. Happy days.

nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

I feel sick looking at his lipstick, looks like a sort of young creepy granny.

To be honest, I knew that The Smiths were news back then. I'd be mor einterested to see what was third or fourth page news. Was Sinita being touted as the next big soul artist, or was it Five Stars next release that was clogging up the printers?

I somehow doubt that sinita was in NME!

Don't be so sure, they were strange times, and Boys boys boys was the flavour of the month, everybody was playing it. It was a kind of feminist pre-cursor to Some girls are bigger than others.

Let's not forget that it was only a few years later that Stefan Dennis* released Don't it make you feel good (feel good inside) on 7".

*A.K.A Paul Robinson from Neighbours.

Back
Top Bottom