Please, please, please don’t let the Smiths reunite - Salon

I'd rather see Andy walk out an break into girl least likely to than the smiths reunite

I also saw them in G-Mex, but missed New Order because my friend didn't want to stay after Smiths set.

You didn't see their Salford University gig?
It was one of my all time favourite gigs.

No only the two I mentioned, the Oxford Rd one may have been the Palace or The Free Trade Hall, although thats Peter St, reason I'm not sure as I saw a lots of bands in that area in those years. I do remember a lot of people left after the Smiths set at GMex - one band who I really enjoyed that day was OMD who opened the day I think, my other good memory was that you could buy 2 pints in one massive plastic glass, although I regretted that the next day.

Oh you lucky bastards :D happy for anyone who saw the Smiths live. Cherishing that forever

I also saw them in G-Mex, but missed New Order because my friend didn't want to stay after Smiths set.

You didn't see their Salford University gig?
It was one of my all time favourite gigs.

My brother wanted me to go to the Leisureland concert around the Hatful of Hollow tour but I didn't go cos I didn't know The Smiths at all back then. He also wanted me to go to Mad Max 2 in the cinema and I didn't bother. This Wednesday I get to undo one mistake by going to Mad Max 2 in Galway cinema as part of a retrospective. Who says you can't go back to the past?

Oh you lucky bastards :D happy for anyone who saw the Smiths live. Cherishing that forever

Not that it's relevant but I also saw Joy Division twice in the same week supporting Buzzcocks in Blackburn and Manchester.

Odd thing is, I thought they were shit but later became a massive New Order fan and still am to this day. music is a wonderful conundrum isn't it.

Not that it's relevant but I also saw Joy Division twice in the same week supporting Buzzcocks in Blackburn and Manchester.

Odd thing is, I thought they were shit but later became a massive New Order fan and still am to this day. music is a wonderful conundrum isn't it.

Thats why I go to all kinds of gigs. Even to acts i only slightly like. Because you never know when they will grow on you.

I went to see blur, when i only knew a couple of their songs. Now i can't get enough.
This is way out of topic thou, sry

Last edited by a moderator:
Clamouring for tickets, with tears in their eyes. Of course if they had a reunion, one would go to see it, its human nature but they would still be quite heartbroken over the fact that the Smiths gave in.

I saw one of my favorite bands reunite to play at a birthday party for the singer and the magic was there, but they've started talking business and it's bringing out all the old problems.

Money changes everything. All the nay-sayers will be clamouring for tickets the moment it happens.

P.

Well of course I would try to get tickets, but the notion of it happening is bonkers.

Money doesn't change absolutely everything. I stumbled into Morrissey's interview with Edith Bowman for Channel 4 in 2006 the other day. She asked him about whether it was true that he had been offered $5m to reform The Smiths...I think the response was unequivocal "I didn't know whether it was too much, I didn't know if it was too little. It didn't occur to me because there isn't enough money in the world...I couldn't sing with people I don't really like, why would I be doing it?".

And as it is...would the "players" performances be as stellar as some think they would be. For example, listen to "What She Said" on Rank versus the Live in Leeds 2015 recording...the Boys' compare very favourably.

SOSB

Don't loose your time by thinking about a Smiths' reunion! It will NEVER happen! And don't come with that "never say never". In this case, I do say "never". It will never happen! It's crystal and it's clear!

Back
Top Bottom