Q Awards; Marr asked awkward question about Moz!

Maurice E

This in the new Q;
(asked to Ian Brown and Johnny Marr; friends since late 70's apparently)
"So, what would it take to get you to accept an award with Morrissey next year, Johnny? Or you with John Squire, Ian?"
(Epic, terrifically awkward pause)
IB; "I bumped into Morrissey this year actually in WH Smith in Altricham. He was flicking through the books, wearing a cap. Tell you what, I'll do one with Morrissey and Johnny can do one with Squire. How about that?"

Interesting tidbit, thanks. I think in a lot of ways Ian Brown's career mirror's Morrissey's (with some obvious differences). He's one of the few Manchester figures to share Morrissey's God-like status.

This in the new Q;
(asked to Ian Brown and Johnny Marr; friends since late 70's apparently)
"So, what would it take to get you to accept an award with Morrissey next year, Johnny? Or you with John Squire, Ian?"
(Epic, terrifically awkward pause)
IB; "I bumped into Morrissey this year actually in WH Smith in Altricham. He was flicking through the books, wearing a cap. Tell you what, I'll do one with Morrissey and Johnny can do one with Squire. How about that?"

I love the way when he's "off-duty" he potters around in HMV and WHSmiths like any other middle aged man.

Interesting tidbit, thanks. I think in a lot of ways Ian Brown's career mirror's Morrissey's (with some obvious differences). He's one of the few Manchester figures to share Morrissey's God-like status.

Obvious differences???? Morrissey can sing!!!

Back
Top Bottom