Morrissey Central "RW" (January 31, 2024)

Via CJ's IG story.

Robbie Williams in Morrissey shirt.

Casa-posted link now a Central post via mozhug25:

Screenshot_20240131-222155~2.png

Snip ✂️... can't remember if it's Linder or Chrissie, but I always thought it was hilarious that he insisted a bug be rescued while he's sick and having people wait on him.
Jo Slee:
"I wouldn't say that's the over-riding thing there. I remember once in Australia he was ill. This is the illest man ever! But he was terribly ill in bed and eventually struggled out onto the roof of the hotel. Morrissey was sitting there, swathed in scarves, drinking hot chocolate, and he suddenly said in a really plaintive voice, "There's a wasp drowning in the swimming-pool." And I swear to God he made me fish it out! And it sat there cleaning its wings off. Then he was happy."

Via:

Jo Slee:
"I wouldn't say that's the over-riding thing there. I remember once in Australia he was ill. This is the illest man ever! But he was terribly ill in bed and eventually struggled out onto the roof of the hotel. Morrissey was sitting there, swathed in scarves, drinking hot chocolate, and he suddenly said in a really plaintive voice, "There's a wasp drowning in the swimming-pool." And I swear to God he made me fish it out! And it sat there cleaning its wings off. Then he was happy."

Via:
I got some things wrong, but this it it! :lbf: So funny, So Morrissey.
Thank you, @Famous when dead :)

Jo Slee:

Via:
Ah just so cute, so cute.
IMG_20240120_064754.jpg

I think it's cute. I think he does funny things like that on purpose.

I am trying to remember this story, maybe you know it or someone else does? He was at some hotel and very sick. So he finally gets wheeled out to the pool in a wheelchair or something and he's all bundled up in blankets and just generally not feeling well. He spotted a dragonfly or wasp or something in the pool and made whoever was with him fish it out and let it dry off. The person who was with him tells the story. I can't remember if it's Linder or Chrissie, but I always thought it was hilarious that he insisted a bug be rescued while he's sick and having people wait on him.
It is definitely cute.

I've heard that story before but a long time ago. It's great to be reminded of these little anecdotes again. I find that utterly adorable. Just insanely sweet. It's not something most people would care about.

It is definitely cute.

I've heard that story before but a long time ago. It's great to be reminded of these little anecdotes again. I find that utterly adorable. Just insanely sweet. It's not something most people would care about.
I love it. FWD posted the actual story a few posts up.

I love it. FWD posted the actual story a few posts up.
Me too. FWD is such a great asset to this site! The funniest thing is if it was a story like that involving a different "celebrity" it would be harder to believe. But because it's him and it's the type of thing I can imagine him doing there is no suspension of disbelief required.

Me too. FWD is such a great asset to this site! The funniest thing is if it was a story like that involving a different "celebrity" it would be harder to believe. But because it's him and it's the type of thing I can imagine him doing there is no suspension of disbelief required.
Yes, FWD always has the answer. I didn't want to ask him because I didn't want to bother him, but he came through! There is something so quintessentially Morrissey about it. I can recall a time where just about everything he said and did was so amusing and that is one of the things I really liked about him, that wit. I think it's the Irish in him. I really miss that about him. ❤️

Yes, FWD always has the answer. I didn't want to ask him because I didn't want to bother him, but he came through! There is something so quintessentially Morrissey about it. I can recall a time where just about everything he said and did was so amusing and that is one of the things I really liked about him, that wit. I think it's the Irish in him. I really miss that about him. ❤️
He certainly does! Absolute dedication to the cause. Quintessential is the most fitting word to use for describing that touching turn of events. Yes, his wit was one of the most incredible parts of him and to some extent it is still there. It just feels a little different now. I think both the Irish and those from northern parts of the UK have the tendency to behave that way. A lot of sarcasm/sardonicism comes from northerners I've noticed - including myself quite often. I miss so many things about him. It's quite upsetting to ruminate on at times.

RW is now an adopted Tottenham supporter too. A good sport!

Back
Top Bottom