Smiths Material on viva hate

junkpile

its time that some of ya'll spit their knowledge (please):

is there any smiths-material on viva hate? who knows?

its time that some of ya'll spit their knowledge (please):

is there any smiths-material on viva hate? who knows?

Well, Bengali In Platforms was recorded and then ditched by the Smiths, when Ivor Perry briefly replaced Johnny Marr. Also, Margaret On A Guillotine was going to be the title of a Smiths release, but was saved for Viva Hate.

Peter

Well, Bengali In Platforms was recorded and then ditched by the Smiths, when Ivor Perry briefly replaced Johnny Marr. Also, Margaret On A Guillotine was going to be the title of a Smiths release, but was saved for Viva Hate.

Peter

Apparently TQID was originally going to be called "Margaret On The Guillotine"!

Apparently TQID was originally going to be called "Margaret On The Guillotine"!

Yes it was, curious how it would have been. Wasn't "Playboys", "Intersting Drug", "Disappointed" and so on intended for The Smiths? Or do I just have that feeling, well the Wolwerhampton concert was played at the end of 1988 so, he had plenty of time in between.

Yes it was, curious how it would have been. Wasn't "Playboys", "Intersting Drug", "Disappointed" and so on intended for The Smiths? Or do I just have that feeling, well the Wolwerhampton concert was played at the end of 1988 so, he had plenty of time in between.

I figured those three at least were probable Smiths songs given the Andy/Mike element.

I don't know about "Playboys" or "Interesting Drug", but as far as I'm aware "Disappointed" is about the end of The Smiths.

Back
Top Bottom