Snippet from Mark Ronson Interview

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
From the NME today, interviewed by Peter Robinson (verbatim)

Q:I was at a friend's house recently and he hadn't heard the original version of your single "Stop Me...". His flatmate put The Smiths version on and he announced, "That's quite good - it's a bit like The Kooks". How would you describe The Smiths to a younger generation, Mark?

A: I don't know how you'd explain it because I don't know how you explain music. As a band, The Smiths were so far-reaching, there are things like Radiohead and Oasis who were influenced by them. They were the perfect band, in a way, with the combination of Morrissey and Johnny Marr and brilliantly Morbid lyrics.

Peter

Last edited:
Nice answer Mark Ronson, yes, The Smiths were the perfect band.
Shame you had to go and do such a crap version of a great song!!
Your opinion is well and truly meaningless to me!

he announced, "That's quite good - it's a bit like The Kooks".
Peter

:mad: :mad: I hope that flatmate was joking :rolleyes:

Ready with, ready-wit
Still running 'round
On the flesh rampage
At your age!
Go to Soho,oh ...
Go to waste in the wrong arms, still running round ...

:mad: :mad: I hope that flatmate was joking :rolleyes:
I too hope he was joking madam, but alas i doubt he was..and to be more anal The Kooks sound nothing like The Smiths...get it the right way i say..ooh er.
It's sad to say but many won't now that songs a cover at all, so take a bow the twat that is Chris Moyles...even if we're from the same city.

Good choice of lyrics too Amy.

T'raaa x

That bloke from the Kooks is a bloody fool.

Reading his crap opinion about the Smiths in this months Q magazine he informs us that ' he never used to like The Smiths as he found their music to Northern and abrasive, that is until he heard Frankly, Mr Shankly in which he found the music hilarious'. What a tit!

If he would like to know my opinion about his crap outfit, I would inform them I find his public school southern voice and music pathetic!

Last edited:
Ah the Kooks. A true bunch of c***s. Major label, bloodless 'indie' to play in Scream bars and Tony and Guy.

I too hope he was joking madam, but alas i doubt he was..and to be more anal The Kooks sound nothing like The Smiths...get it the right way i say..ooh er.
It's sad to say but many won't now that songs a cover at all, so take a bow the twat that is Chris Moyles...even if we're from the same city.

Good choice of lyrics too Amy.

T'raaa x

I introduced a friend to the original "Stop Me If You Think.." today ... they said it was shit in comparison to Ronson's version :mad: where have all the people with taste gone? and lmao, agree about W. Yorks being yuk ...

Back
Top Bottom