Songs That Saved Your Life launch

R

ray

There was a launch for Songs That Saved your Life on Monday at Spice Of Life, London and I managed to get an invite. Very informal do but the best bit was hearing loads of unreleased stuff. I can verify that the following do indeed exist cos I've heard em with my own ears!

Frankly mr shankly with trumpet
Sheila with funny plinky guitar start
A really long version of Rusholme ruffians
Instrumentals of Half a person, shoplifters, how soon, heaven knows
The Queen is Dead - FULL VERSION!
A few totally new instrumentals (had no idea what they were)
Girlfriend in a coma without strings, bit reggae-ish

It was a really good mix, kick myself that i didn't bring anything to try and tape next to speakers plus there was more played I cant fully remember. sorry!

Hey ass and a half...we all know that's a big f***ing jackoff lie! How? If you were really there, you would have mentioned Boz there stuffing the shrimp in his pockets and stealing silverware.

Now go back to your big asshole and crawl in there you fcukity c***juice and dick sauce!

Sorry pal, obviously your invite got lost in the post. Or maybe they sent it to the wrong ward.

This is indeed true. It was a small/informal gathering, mainly press folk but my sister's mate works for a PR company so I got in on a +1. Each table had a bottle of flowers with a different sleeve design. Someone from Buzzcocks was there too I think. I've no photographic evidence but maybe somebody can back me up??

Just remembered too a version of Ask which was very different with a mad drum solo.

Songs That Made You Lose Your Lunch

Any song by Marr or the rest of the lazy drunken slobs from the Smiths after Morrissey left to pursue his homosexuality full time.

Back
Top Bottom