Sound effects/noises...

Another one:
Just heard some eastern religious type chanting on 'I Will See You In Far Off Places' at 3:06 just after the 'and pulling faces' line.

Definitely adds to the 'far off places' vibe I think...

Another one:
Just heard some eastern religious type chanting on 'I Will See You In Far Off Places' at 3:06 just after the 'and pulling faces' line.

Definitely adds to the 'far off places' vibe I think...

And the vibe actually continues into 'Dear God', if you listen closely enough. Toward the end, one of the guitarists uses an effect turned low that sounds like a sitar.

what about late night maudlin street:..(viva hate-studioversion)
is this noise a whip?:D
or...?
certainly some kind of percussion...but which ?

Last edited:
You like sound effects? Listen to Years of Refusal. It is the definitive Morrissey sound effect album.:)

I always thought that it was one of those digital drum-machine sounds that were all the rage back in the 80s.
yeah i was joking on the whip part
yeah probably..but im not expert on these drum maschines..so i would like to know what exactly do they use..
its also sounding a bit like banging on metal..the least thing i expect to hear in a morrissey song...:eek:
i would rather has it used on another song of his, but not on maudlin street..the maudlin lyrics dont fit this noise in my opinion-dont seea connection, why they use it in that particular song..i see why this chainsaw(or motor was used in speedway
but at maudlin?
i prefer the live version of maudlin without this banging noises

You like sound effects? Listen to Years of Refusal. It is the definitive Morrissey sound effect album.:)

Yeah? I'm looking forward to it even MORE now (if that were possible)

How am I gonna wait 'til Feb????

There's that weird vibration/echo thing at the beginning of Let Me Kiss You. It's actually throughout the song if you listen closely. It drives me slightly batty when I focus on it...but I do love the song, so it's all good. :)

There are also a lot of odd computer?-like noises on All The Lazy Dykes. I can't decide if it would be any better or worse without them... the song's awesomeness overshadows all.

YATQ is full of odd sounds. I think it's why some people don't care for it or its production. Still beats ROTT, imo.

Back
Top Bottom