Thank Hayzus for YouTube...

King Leer

Leering since '97
As someone who's surfed the net since '93 (Mosaic, anyone?) YouTube has surely been one the internet's greatest developments.

Watching all the clips over in Japan, where he's unlikely to come this tour (recent Fuji rock rumblings aside) has been a Godsend. The outdoor concert in Austin the other day looked amazing! Moz is in brilliant form -- more youthful than the other tours in the noughties, it seems.

The clip of Last Of The Famous... what a shot of adrenaline.

EDIT: Oh, and thinner, too -- he looks fighting fit. I haven't seen any comments on the tour reports mentioning Moz' weight.

Last edited:
I don't know who Hayzus is, but I thank him/her for youtube also! That site makes Morrissey so accessible to the world. I love reliving my youth and enjoying the modern Morrissey through all those great videos. I remember the first time I saw a video of a concert less than 12 hours after it occurred and it made me so happy. Maybe I wasn't at the GMEX, but I could get the feeling of being there~! Long live Youtube and Hayzus!

As someone who's surfed the net since '93 (Mosaic, anyone?) YouTube has surely been one the internet's greatest developments.

Hey, another old fart like meself! I remember mosaic...and TRS-80s, 5.25" floppy disks... Some of the earliest Moz/Smiffs sites were Christian Arvidson's and Scott Krajewski's. Did you ever belong to Bigmouth list or any other version of it -- earliest was Strangeways from 1989?

Thanks for the link to the Last of the Famous... live clip! I'll tuck it away for when I can get to a computer that plays vids more smoothly. I hope Moz continues to sing that song for the Moz Angeles area shows because no video compares to being there live.

Sometimes youtube quality is poor with lots of blocky pixellations, but it's still a delight to watch rare or nostalgic clips. And the quality is still better than watching the awful nth generation of bootlegged videoTAPES traded back in the days of paper zines.

You kids have it so easy! ; )

Back
Top Bottom