The Killers Feeling "Dirty" About Next Album - for those interested

• Thread starter The Seeker of Good Songs
  • Start date
T

The Seeker of Good Songs

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=122518

"September 30, 2005

Stylish Las Vegas rockers The Killers are ready to hit the studio in January. Their sophomore effort will be due "no later than June," lead singer Brandon Flowers told Rolling Stone.

"If we could make another record like the first one, then I think it would be successful. But I want to get a producer who will mess with the parts, somebody with different ideas on how to arrange it," said Flowers. "We've already proven that we can write a perfect Pop song, but I admire bands like the Talking Heads for having hits that are still Pop and Rock, but out of the norm."

The Killers have been performing many new songs during their live shows including "Higher And Higher" and "The Natural," which is comprised mostly of sevenths chords. "There's a couple of Beatles songs that are all sevenths chords," said Flowers. "It just makes it feel so different...almost like a Bee Gees feel. We sing about the ocean and things, but it's dark. It's like the beach meets Nick Cave."

The synth-rockers have been rehearsing "Where The White Boys Dance," but have yet to test-drive the song live. "We're holding on to it," said Flowers. "It's our ace in the hole. It's a pop song, but when you hear it, it makes you feel dirty. Everybody's going to love it."

The Killers have just recently kicked off their last tour in efforts of their album Hot Fuss. The tour will end in mid-October in Vancouver, Canada."

The Killers Feeling "Dirty" About Next Album

Back
Top Bottom