This Disarming Man

J

Johnny

Remember the joint winner of the Radio 6 "Britain's Most Avid Smiths / Morrissey fan" ?

One of the joint winners was a guy Dave Rogers,

I was coming home tonight and flicking through the Union newpaper of my Trade Union(Communications Workers Union). There on the back page was this guy Dave swinging a bunch gladiolla

He's a postman by all accounts and lives in Cambridge. Here's a little excerpt:-

"I was hooked by The Smiths as a 14 year old.I saw them playing Hand In Glove on The Whistle Test in 1983 and that was it.I found Morrissey odd but fascinating. I had been into New Romantics and punk but The Smiths were something different.

There wasn't anything else out there like it at the time.I was transfixed"

It rambles on for ages so i won't bore you all to death(too late probably

Bizarrely enough he never saw The Smiths live.

He's thinking of starting a Smiths tribute band and getting a tatto saying "Why Don't you Find out For Yourself".....??

Ok that's it.....it was a slow news day.......

Indeed...kind of a cool story. Weird,the guys a huge morrissey/smiths fan and hes never seen them live????? That is weird.

> Indeed...kind of a cool story. Weird,the guys a huge morrissey/smiths fan
> and hes never seen them live????? That is weird.

Well he says he has seen Moz 25 times so fair play to him

I'm off to bed PIMP but just for you here's another little snippet :-

"I'm not a depressive,miserable person.I'm happy ! I listen to The Smiths every day and people think I am totally mad,but to me it's just part of my life.

I'm always singing Smiths songs in the car.If someone pulls up next to me I don't stop,I just carry on singing.I don't care.Morrissey is everything to me."

Night,night

I like this dude...Morrissey is everything to me too....... This guys cool. Anyone who digs the mozzer,is ok in my book. Its when people try to downplay/bash his work that irks me. If you dont like his shit,then keep your goddamned mouthes shut and go the f*** somewhere else. You're not a morrissey fan,you're someone who needs to be shat on,then beaten severely...until i have no feeling left in my arm.

Ultimate Smiths Fan.

pic131806.jpg

Oh No, there's James, quick, get his contribution to the Cab fare home!!
Ruffian

> Oh No, there's James, quick, get his contribution to the Cab fare home!!
> Ruffian

Ha Ha Ha! DINK DANK DOO RUFF RUFF!

Back
Top Bottom