TOTP, Whistle Test, Revolver etc

A

A.K1976

Remember when they used to show these on UK Gold, I've been sorting loads of vids I recorded (yes my life is that interesting), there must be 8 hours of great performances and quite rare stuff altogether.

My point is why the feck don't they show these anymore, all they've got on UK Gold nowdays is re runs of My Family at the moment. They had the Old Grey Whistle Test on BBC2 not long ago, I'm sure you all watched The Smiths one, but they raced through that like nobodys business.

We should demand more alternative music TV, thankfully Later is back on soon, I wonder if he could persuade Moz to put in an appearance. If I was Jools I'd play him 'Goodbye Girl' and tell him - I played keyboards on this track do as you are told.

I haven't got satellite telly, so I know nothing about that UK Gold thingy.

Revolver, when it was originally broadcast on ITV (only 3 channels in those days,kids), had loads of punk stuff on it, but it used to be on at half-ten or half-eleven on a Saturday night so we never saw it!!
No videos in those days either (certainly not in the hoose) so no tapes of it either.
Still, it wasn't really for us I suppose. We'd seen all the bands live over the previous 2 or 3 years. It was probably a good introduction for schoolkids at the time who were probably allowed to stay up late on a Saturday. (No names.)

> I haven't got satellite telly, so I know nothing about that UK Gold
> thingy.

> Revolver, when it was originally broadcast on ITV (only 3 channels in
> those days,kids), had loads of punk stuff on it, but it used to be on at
> half-ten or half-eleven on a Saturday night so we never saw it!!
> No videos in those days either (certainly not in the hoose) so no tapes of
> it either.
> Still, it wasn't really for us I suppose. We'd seen all the bands live
> over the previous 2 or 3 years. It was probably a good introduction for
> schoolkids at the time who were probably allowed to stay up late on a
> Saturday. (No names.)

It would be good if they would dig this stuff out, some young kid watching those bands for the first time would be spared a lifetime of buying shite music.

FAO A.K 1976

> It would be good if they would dig this stuff out, some young kid watching
> those bands for the first time would be spared a lifetime of buying shite
> music.

Therw was no "hidden track" on The Ruts C.D. It was just a mispress.

Re: TOTP, Whistle Test, Revolver ++

...and of course it would be wonderful to have the short series of the 'Marc' (Marc Bolan), TV shows aired again. I think he had The Jam, Bowie, and if I'm not mistaken The Damned on. Did the Pistols ever get on that show I wonder?

Re: FAO A.K 1976

> Therw was no "hidden track" on The Ruts C.D. It was just a
> mispress.

Ah right I was suprised when you said it had a hidden track on.

Back
Top Bottom