What's your problem with Kill Uncle?

I have no particular problem with KU, it just lacks, IMO, some really strong, great, great song, masterpieces, I mean: I like most of the songs actually, some of them are really interesting, charming, intriguing, but no one is an absolute milestone in his carreer, just this. I think I could say the same thing for SG and maybe YOR (but I could change my mind about this) while in each one of the other albums I can find at least 3-4 great, unforgettable songs.

I reckon this album is important 'cos that time he found the lads and toured so much and performed weak songs (as King Lear and Mute Witness) in good ways.
In my opinion, Kill Uncle sounds incomplete as if Morrissey had made it in a such hurry. Other fact is that I can't identify any energy on this. It's not powerful as Viva Hate or even Bona Drag. Of course, in respect, I'll not compare Kill Uncle with Your Arsenal which is an amazing album.
The cover is also poorly concepted.

I like the lyrics but I don't care about the music or the fact he sings the same word three times in a row...

I'm a big fan of "Señor Life", though. Good song.

I love the riff. It's a weird little underdeveloped song really but I think the riff is better than How Soon Is Now in a similar style. In fact, I'd much rather hear him play Found Found Found than How Soon Is Now.

I reckon this album is important 'cos that time he found the lads and toured so much and performed weak songs (as King Lear and Mute Witness) in good ways.
In my opinion, Kill Uncle sounds incomplete as if Morrissey had made it in a such hurry. Other fact is that I can't identify any energy on this. It's not powerful as Viva Hate or even Bona Drag. Of course, in respect, I'll not compare Kill Uncle with Your Arsenal which is an amazing album.
The cover is also poorly concepted.

Hush. haha Mute Witness is a fantastic song.

Back
Top Bottom