|Album/single||Vauxhall And I|
|Writer/composer||Morrissey / Boz Boorer|
- An outtake version of this song is available on the Reader Meet Author bootleg LP.
Excerpt from the Wikipedia entry:
The song features several samples from We Are the Lambeth Boys, a 1959 British documentary by Karel Reisz about the daily activities of members of the Alford House Youth Club, Kennington in late 1950s London. The dialogue excerpted is from two conversations, one about a fight between two groups of young men and another about the abolition of the death penalty.
Spring-heeled Jim winks an eye
He'll "do", he'll never be "done to"
He takes on whoever flew through
"Well, it's the normal thing to do"
Spring-heeled Jim lives to love
Now kissing with his mouth full
And his eyes on some other fool
Ao many women his head should be spinning
Ah, but no!
Ah, but no!
Spring-heeled Jim slurs the words:
"There's no need to be so knowing
Take life at five times your average speed, like I do"
Until Jim feels the chill
"Oh, where did all the time go?"
Once always in for the kill
Now it's too cold and he feels too
Old, too old
Play count (Morrissey concert): 68
Morrissey live history:
- Glasgow, Scotland 1995-02-03 (Morrissey concert)
- Motherwell, Scotland 1995-02-04 (Morrissey concert)
- Edinburgh, Scotland 1995-02-05 (Morrissey concert)
- Sheffield, England 1995-02-07 (Morrissey concert)
- Blackpool, England 1995-02-08 (Morrissey concert)
- Cambridge, England 1995-02-09 (Morrissey concert)
- Birmingham, England 1995-02-11 (Morrissey concert)
- London, England 1995-02-12 (Morrissey concert)
- Portsmouth, England 1995-02-13 (Morrissey concert)
- Hull, England 1995-02-15 (Morrissey concert)
Related Forum Threads
- Morrissey A-Z: "Spring-Heeled Jim" - Morrissey-solo (Aug 28, 2021)