2008 MLB Playoffs

over the last few years they have marketed an actual green monster mascot for fenway, i cant stand him either,i wanna beat him to death with a bat.

that was the gift of the baseball gods, a "here, we know you have suffered and suffered thanks to the bronx bombers"
the celebrations for that series were bigger and crazier than winning the world series a week later.

it was somewhat enjoyable to be sitting in a bar in manhattan last year watching the sox win the series.

Every Red Sox League Championship Series is more exciting than their World Series. Sweeps are always boring. I don't remember watching much of either one, except for the end of game four of 04. I mean that was historic.

Out of curiosity... that wasn't your Red Sox hat that was stripped from your head and set on fire at the bar at ESPN zone back in 1999 was it? If so, sorry and I believe I have the remains in my memorabilia collection if you want to see them.

i will never forget Aaron f***ing Boone either.

Anybody with a whiffle ball bat could have hit that homerun. Stupid decison putting in a knuckleballer with the game timed. Little deserved to be fired for that, not taking Pedro out. For Putting Wakefield In.

Every Red Sox League Championship Series is more exciting than their World Series. Sweeps are always boring. I don't remember watching much of either one, except for the end of game four of 04. I mean that was historic.

it was, and very shocking, it took a few weeks for it to really sink in they had finally won a world series.
many old-timers died happily in their sleep over the next few months.

Anybody with a whiffle ball bat could have hit that homerun. Stupid decison putting in a knuckleballer with the game timed. Little deserved to be fired for that, not taking Pedro out. For Putting Wakefield In.

oh it was horrible, i had to deejay that night and i kept running to the bar to see the score on the t.v.
the night started off gloriously,but with every trip to the bar to get another drink the game became more and more horrific.

That was a big out right there with Ortiz popping out and two men on. I have a feeling that may have been "the out" if LAA wins.

oh it was horrible, i had to deejay that night and i kept running to the bar to see the score on the t.v.
the night started off gloriously,but with every trip to the bar to get another drink the game became more and more horrific.

Why the Red Sox keep Wakefield on their roster is mystifying. The only two players in baseball who have been on their teams longer are Trevor Hoffman and John Smoltz. Those two are probably Hall Of Famers.

So what's the Red Sox excuse?

That was a big out right there with Ortiz popping out and two men on. I have a feeling that may have been "the out" if LAA wins.

The Angels do not play in LA. I hate that stupid Moreno for doing that. It's just ridiculous. That would be like calling the Yankees, the Albany Yankees.

The Angels do not play in LA. I hate that stupid Moreno for doing that. It's just ridiculous. That would be like calling the Yankees, the Albany Yankees.

Or the NY Jets, or the NY Giants?

With the NFL it is because the home office is based out of NY. Or at least that is what they use for justification.

Why the Red Sox keep Wakefield on their roster is mystifying. The only two players in baseball who have been on their teams longer are Trevor Hoffman and John Smoltz. Those two are probably Hall Of Famers.

So what's the Red Sox excuse?

Wakey has been good and bad, but i am not going to diss him for that game, he should have been placed in that position.he has pitched many a great game for the sox.

I like Wakey.
but his days may have finally come to an end.

Or the NY Jets, or the NY Giants?

With the NFL it is because the home office is based out of NY. Or at least that is what they use for justification.

From what I understand both of those teams orginally played in New York, then moved to New Jersey.

The Angels, played in LA. Then moved to Anaheim and changed their name to the California Angels. Then The Anaheim Angels. Then that stupid Moreno decides 40 years later he wants to be called LA again. Stupid Retard.

From what I understand both of those teams orginally played in New York, then moved to New Jersey.

The Angels, played in LA. Then moved to Anaheim and changed their name to the California Angels. Then The Anaheim Angels. Then that stupid Moreno decides 40 years later he wants to be called LA again. Stupid Retard.

uh uh uhhhh

Retard = unacceptable

f***tard = acceptable

Wakey has been good and bad, but i am not going to diss him for that game, he should have been placed in that position.he has pitched many a great game for the sox.

I like Wakey.
but his days may have finally come to an end.

That's the deal with Knuckleballers. They can pitch til their fifty, ask Phil Niekro. He was a staff ace for The Yankees back in the mid-80's (when they really kicked ass!). I'm surprised, not because I think he's a bad pitcher, it's just a rarity in today's baseball for a player to be with 1 team for 14 years.

uh uh uhhhh

Retard = unacceptable

f***tard = acceptable

He's Hispanic, so it's better calling him a retard than using a racial remark.

That's the deal with Knuckleballers. They can pitch til their fifty, ask Phil Niekro. He was a staff ace for The Yankees back in the mid-80's (when they really kicked ass!). I'm surprised, not because I think he's a bad pitcher, it's just a rarity in today's baseball for a player to be with 1 team for 14 years.

i think he really has enjoyed playing in boston, he has had a few chances to change teams but did not.it is very rare for someone to be so loyal to one team.
i don't know if a knuckleballer can be a good pitching coach but i think wakey will be a part of the sox even after he retires.in some role anyways.

The Brian Cashman interview on YES right now with Francessa is fantastic.

The Brian Cashman interview on YES right now with Francessa is fantastic.

You just missed the Angels putting the first nail in the Sox's coffin.

i think he really has enjoyed playing in boston, he has had a few chances to change teams but did not.it is very rare for someone to be so loyal to one team.
i don't know if a knuckleballer can be a good pitching coach but i think wakey will be a part of the sox even after he retires.in some role anyways.

Niekro became a manager. Albeit, it was a manager of a woman's baseball team.

Tags
best. thread. ever. go yankees jeter's a whanker yankees & red sox suck
Back
Top Bottom