2011 Tour

I'm so happy for you, i can't believe he's playing in Hawick!
How far is the 95 bus stop from the venue?

Not far at all. Ask the driver to get off at the horse (local monument on the high street), walk along the high street for about 150/200 metres and you are there. Can't miss the town hall, just look for the big building with the clock! Next to Farmfoods too!!

Welcome comrade.

The only question I need to have answered, indeed the only question that needs asking, is ~

Where is the best chip shop in Hawick?

:)

Plenty to choose from, my personal favourite is the Turkish Kebab, one just off the High Street. There are a few to choose from at the start of the High Street and they are all pretty decent!

Hello teribus and welcome!! Is the 95 bus the one that goes to Carlisle? Or is it the X95? I see both listed on the online schedule.

Hello teribus and welcome!! Is the 95 bus the one that goes to Carlisle? Or is it the X95? I see both listed on the online schedule.

X95 serves Edinburgh to Carlisle, 95 is a part route so depending where you are travelling from you can get either but X95 if you are coming from Edinburgh is best. Takes about 2 hours so take something to keep you amused, maybe a Morrissey playlist on the iPod!

Thanks! I need to know which bus from Hawick to Carlisle...sorry I didn't make myself clear.

X95 serves Edinburgh to Carlisle, 95 is a part route so depending where you are travelling from you can get either but X95 if you are coming from Edinburgh is best. Takes about 2 hours so take something to keep you amused, maybe a Morrissey playlist on the iPod!

Hi all, first time poster.

I am Hawick born and bred so if any of you guys have anything you want to know about the place then just ask and I will see if I can help you at all!

Can't believe a legend like Morrissey is playing in my home town, we've had Tinchy Strider (not my kind of music) and Glasvegas (went to that one, good but not sure if they were miming!) here in the last few months but they don't come close to the big man! Really looking forward to the gig and am sure the town will be buzzing the whole day and night.

Hope I can be of some help to you as I can see many of you are travelling a long way for the gig.

Hey teribus, great to hear from you and welcome to solo.
I think Hawick is likely to be the best gig of the tour. :)

Plenty to choose from, my personal favourite is the Turkish Kebab, one just off the High Street. There are a few to choose from at the start of the High Street and they are all pretty decent!

Thank you.

Just for 'fun' I typed in the Town Hall's postcode to Google Maps Street View and this is the first thing it gave me ~

Compact & Bijou

He's played some toilets in his time, but this takes the biscuit...

Thank you.

Just for 'fun' I typed in the Town Hall's postcode to Google Maps Street View and this is the first thing it gave me ~

Compact & Bijou

He's played some toilets in his time, but this takes the biscuit...

Or takes the p**s!! Thats the side of the Town Hall there but don't try parking up behind it if you are going. Cost's to park there and there is free parking available quite close too.

Hawick tickets arrived today and booked a room at the Elmhouse hotel, is it very nearby to the venue??

Cannot wait, it's going to be biblical.

Hawick tickets arrived today and booked a room at the Elmhouse hotel, is it very nearby to the venue??

Cannot wait, it's going to be biblical.

You are about 5/10 minutes walk from the venue. You did very well to get in! I've heard there are next to no rooms left in the town.

Ah brilliant, yeah managed to get it reserved last week, but wasn't 100% sure if they'd keep to their word. Fairplay to them, can't wait to see your lovely town :)

Or takes the p**s!! Thats the side of the Town Hall there but don't try parking up behind it if you are going. Cost's to park there and there is free parking available quite close too.
Hi Teribus, thanks for all your help. I'm driving down, can you tell me where the free parking is? Will it be ok to leave it there all day?

Hi Teribus, thanks for all your help. I'm driving down, can you tell me where the free parking is? Will it be ok to leave it there all day?

Best free parking is in the Common Haugh, 5/10 mins from venue, 400 parking spaces so no problem getting one. Free all day too and ok to leave it there as well. Search Google Maps to find the location.

Received Dunoon tickets from Ticketmaster today.

Now I am ready for Inverness and Dunoon.

Last edited:
Last edited:
does unreserved seating for hawick mean there is some kind of balcony and standing is only downstairs..or does hawick doesnt have a balcony?and unreserved seating means actually downstairs?
@terribus and everybody else who might know this

moz playing-big news in hawicks local paper:thumb:
http://www.hawick-news.co.uk/lifest...rissey_to_star_at_town_hall_concert_1_1509298
Standing is downstairs, upstairs is a seated balcony, some seats down the sides which often get shut off really close to the stage. There is about 100 seats or so upstairs in a block.

thanks.only 100 seating ...not much....
ahh i just should have looked up the pic of hawick town hall first before asking
where they clearly show a balcony:doh:

Back
Top Bottom