After parties in NYC (Bowery and Carnegie) & Philly!

mistermarr

Guitarist in The Smiths Tribute NYC
Friends!
We're very excited to be playing THREE afterparties this time around, two in NYC and one in Philly. Hope to see you all there, we have some great new additions to the set list planned.
Yours truly,
Ravi Marr :guitar:

----
Hello you handsome devils,

Spring is around the corner, but even if you hate sunny days there are great reasons to be happy in the coming weeks - Morrissey is on tour again! His 'Tour of Refusal' is coming to some amazing venues in the NYC area, and The Sons & Heirs are excited to be helping continue the celebration of his music with performances of our own at some amazing after parties for Moz's shows in NYC and Philadelphia.

Morrissey's NYC run begins this Saturday 3/21 with a highly anticipated performance at Bowery Ballroom - join us afterwards around the corner at nearby Crash Mansion, where we've been invited to do a short set for a Moz-themed edition of DJ Xris Smack's monthly party Stimulate, which will also feature a guest set by DJ Jess, former frontman for now disbanded Smiths/Moz tribute 'The Salford Lads.'

On Sunday 3/22, we follow Morrissey down to Philly, where after his show at Academy of Music we'll continue the party at The Khyber just a few blocks away. Philly's own DJ Chris X will be mixing it up before and after our set with some choice Moz-related cuts.

It all leads up to the big NYC finale - Mozzer's run in the city will culminate with a performance at the legendary Carnegie Hall, after which we'll host the after party at the fabulous BB King's in Times Square!

So come join us as we pay tribute to the music of Morrissey & The Smiths - we've carefully selected sets for these shows to include many songs that Moz rarely plays now and even some songs, new to our set list, that he's NEVER performed live before... Don't miss this chance to hear all your favorite songs, both the ones he'll be performing and the ones you wish he would!!

Read on for more details...

Saturday 3/21
Xris SMack! and Mindswerve Studios present:
Morrissey After Party @ CRASH MANSION
part of the STIMULATE monthly party
199 Bowery (@ Spring St)
New York, NY
doors 9PM (S&H hit after Moz's show lets out), adm. $10
w/ DJ Jess, DJ Xris SMack!, and more...
RSVP on the event's MySpace page

Sunday 3/22
Hey Day & Philebrity.com present
the Morrissey After Party @ THE KHYBER
56 S. Second St.
Philadelphia, PA
doors 9PM (S&H hit after Moz's show lets out)
adm $8, $5 w/ Morrissey ticket stub
w/ DJ Chris X
Click here to buy tickets

Thursday 3/26
Morrissey NYC Finale After Party
@ B.B. KING BLUES CLUB
237 W. 42nd St.
New York, NY
doors 11PM, adm. $5
Click here to buy tickets

[email protected]
thesonsandheirs.com

so stoked to be spinning the Philly afterparty!

KhyberAfterParty_11x17.jpg

thank you to everyone who came out to the Philly afterparty last night. I think i actually had more fun there than at the actual show!

Special thanks to Jonny and the Sons and Heirs, and to Skinner for roping me into this craziness in the first place, and for making soda runs for me while I "worked." And to Mike at the Khyber, even though he isn't reading this, I just want to put into writing my appreciation for his efforts all night.

The band sounded incredible, and the choice of setlist was fantastic, I had a blast spinning, and it looked like everyone present was enjoying the evening.

Let's do it again soon!

thank you to everyone who came out to the Philly afterparty last night. I think i actually had more fun there than at the actual show!

Special thanks to Jonny and the Sons and Heirs, and to Skinner for roping me into this craziness in the first place, and for making soda runs for me while I "worked." And to Mike at the Khyber, even though he isn't reading this, I just want to put into writing my appreciation for his efforts all night.

The band sounded incredible, and the choice of setlist was fantastic, I had a blast spinning, and it looked like everyone present was enjoying the evening.

Let's do it again soon!

As posted in the Philly Roll Call thread in the Tour forum, but worth repeating here to echo Darth Vegan's sentiments:

I just wanted to chime in on behalf of The Sons & Heirs to say that we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the festivities in Philly on Sunday. Our sincerest gratitude goes out to everyone who came out and partied with us at The Khyber, but especially to Skinner & Darth Vegan/DJ Chris X, without whom the event would not have happened.

Philadelphia has quickly become one of our favorite cities to play, and it's mainly due to all of the fantastic ladies and gents on this forum who have made our recent visits there so worthwhile! We hope to be back soon, and also to maybe see some of you again at some of the upcoming Moz shows and/or @ BB King's after Carnegie Hall this Thursday!

-Jonny

As posted in the Philly Roll Call thread in the Tour forum, but worth repeating here to echo Darth Vegan's sentiments:

I just wanted to chime in on behalf of The Sons & Heirs to say that we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the festivities in Philly on Sunday. Our sincerest gratitude goes out to everyone who came out and partied with us at The Khyber, but especially to Skinner & Darth Vegan/DJ Chris X, without whom the event would not have happened.

Philadelphia has quickly become one of our favorite cities to play, and it's mainly due to all of the fantastic ladies and gents on this forum who have made our recent visits there so worthwhile! We hope to be back soon, and also to maybe see some of you again at some of the upcoming Moz shows and/or @ BB King's after Carnegie Hall this Thursday!

-Jonny

And thank you Jonny!!! Come back to Philly soon!

what's everyone doing about tickets for BB Kings? ordering them before hand, or just buying at the door? was it sold out before? i forget. what should i do.... :cool:

what's everyone doing about tickets for BB Kings? ordering them before hand, or just buying at the door? was it sold out before? i forget. what should i do.... :cool:

We always try to encourage buying tickets in advance, as we can never guarantee that they'll be available at the door - however, in all likelihood you should be fine getting tix at the door for this one if you prefer.

for anyone who cares, here's my setlists from the afterparty:

OFFICIAL MORRISSEY AFTERPARTY
March 22, 2009
The Khyber

set #1

The Smiths-Stop Me If You Think That You've Heard This One Before
Billy Bragg-A New England
Morrissey-That's Entertainment
David Bowie-Blue Jean
Electronic-Getting Away With Iy
New Order-Regret(New Order mix)
The Smiths-A Rush and a Push and the Land Is Ours
The La's-There She Goes
Buzzcocks-Ever Fallen In Love
Joy Division-Transmission
Sascha Distel-Ou Ca Ou Ca
Big Hard Excellent Fish-The Imperfect List (as intro for the Sons and Heirs)

set #2

The Business-Panic
The Jam-Town Called Malice
Morrissey w/Sandie Shaw-Please Help the Cause Against Loneliness
Morrissey-All You Need Is Me
Ramones-The KKK Took My Baby Away
Cocksparrer-Take 'Em All
Buzzcocks-Boredom
Magazine-A Song From Under the Floorboards
Wendy Carlos-Theme From A Clockwork Orange (as intro for the Sons and Heirs)

set #3

The Smiths-Cemetery Gates
Morrissey-Last of the Famous International Playboys
James-Laid
The Cure-Boys Don't Cry
Sandie Shaw-Jeane
The Smiths-Handsome Devil
Morrissey-Interesting Drug
Joy Division-Love Will Tear Us Apart
New Order-Ceremony
Morrissey-National Front Disco

go see the Sons and Heirs at BB Kings! (and wherever else they play in the future)

SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION- I spin every Thursday night at the Raven Lounge, 1718 Sansom st. 10pm-2am, NEVER a cover, I play similar stuff, PLENTY of Moz/Smiths, and I'm always happy to take requests.

Your welcome, and thanks for making it a very fun night for us! I do believe someone put a flower in my hair as I played. That's a first!
Ravi Marr
:guitar:

i was at bbkings for the aftershow. great great great! i went home skipping. and then promptly fell asleep on the train ride home.

yessss, with the Courteeners guy!! (sorry don't know his name!) :guitar::guitar::guitar:

His name is Liam Fray :bow:

He recently played the same song at The Courteeners last gig in the UK before they headed off to the US, a duet with Miles Kane from The Rascals - you can find it on youtube.

Very good version :thumb:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom