Ann Arbor Play-By-Play

The pre-show gang outside the Ann Arbor Brewing Company:

3406023388_21544c14aa.jpg

Me, PregnantForTheLastTime, JoyDiv007, echobay & thewarroom.

:sweet:

Wow, this serves as a reminder of just how badly i need a haircut. :o

Please don't take offense at my question, Are you the person that last year or year before, your mother had a fit and wouldn't let you go to the Detroit show?

If so, it's good to hear that you got to go.

No offense taken, and yes. Pregs actually remembered that as well (!)...she was a bit (my mother) concerned for my safety and well-being which, while quite noble indeed, seems absurd. I'm a pretty large guy; i doubt i was in any real danger. ;)

What a lovely bunch. Now I'm sorry I couldn't make it out early for the meet-up. Lets all hope and/or pray that there are plenty more shows left in him.

Here's the pics we took. Not a very clear view of Morrissey but someone might recognise the back of their head.:lbf:

annarbor007-1.jpg

annarbor006.jpg

annarbor001.jpg

Now look at all these good looking people. :)
What are you talking about smiles and haircuts?? Well, only think that Pregs' hair could maybe be a bit longer. Hope you don't mind me saying this. Pregs, did you ever have longer hair?

Pregs had chemo last year, and successfully battled cancer. Her hair is just starting to grow back - I personally love it. She posted a picture of herself with long red hair on the female frink thread last year. She's beautiful both ways! *wolfwhistles*

Ah, so it was you who typed the song titles, Julie. I was stunned that your husband came up with those song abbreviations... a person who didn't even know all the song titles...so it wasn't him! :D
I did it for the people at home, since it was my home state. One time only, though! If the security goon with masculinity issues hadn't chucked me back to my seat, I shiver to think what the people at home would have dealt with.

If it didn't say "Michigan", I'd have just thought that this is the entrance to the Brixton Academy in London.
Wasn't it nice that Mr. Pooley got second billing? :D

Zoloft-I didn't realize that was you w/ the sign at the end of the show! We wished you luck. I hope you were successful!

David-I completely relate. I swear it's that school. ;)

Echo has the most beautiful soft Scottish accent. I'll hear it every time I read one of her posts now.

Pregs...you have an Annie Lennox kind of look going on. Time to start dying the hair fire engine red. :)

You talking of Pauley Pavillion UCLA, Westwood? I was there. By the time they let us out riot police were all over the place.

Yes! Where were you in the arena?

I was incredibly bitter because my friend and I got lucky with the wristbands and were first in line. We bought tickets literally the moment they went on sale. We didn't have a seating map and foolishly thought we'd be in the first ten rows from the stage. Nope. We were at least forty rows back on the floor, stewing in rage as lame VIPs walked by us to take their free seats up front.

Once the show started, there were a few minutes, right before matters really got out of hand, when we were able to run forward and get within 15 rows of the stage, pressed in with other people, but that's basically when the wheels came off completely and the "riot" ensued.

Still one of the most exciting Morrissey concerts I've seen. I feel guilty saying that because I know a few people got hurt. It was the sense of threat in the air, like anything could happen, that was the real thrill. And "we" were famous for 30 seconds on Southland TVs! To borrow Sonic Youth's words, "a teenage riot"...

Pregs...you have an Annie Lennox kind of look going on. Time to start dying the hair fire engine red. :)

It USED to be red. Go back and see the pictures from before. Apparently it often grows back dark brown after chemo. I think it might be starting to come in red, if not I am going to be VERY upset. I might have to resort to Clairol in a bottle. :D

I can imagine you well with long red hair. If you had chemo then it is great that it has grown this much already in the meantime. At the gym there was a woman who had no hair all the time, which I first thought was because of cancer, too, but she was a sports obsessive so it seems she actually had it like this to be faster swimming. I like dark brown hair, too. You have the kind of face that suits all kinds of hairstyles, the one you currently have, too. Just thought that maybe a little bit longer... :o

I agree, I would like it a bit longer. But I intend to keep it very short, it's so nice not to have to spend time drying and styling it. :D

Yes! Where were you in the arena?

I was incredibly bitter because my friend and I got lucky with the wristbands and were first in line. We bought tickets literally the moment they went on sale. We didn't have a seating map and foolishly thought we'd be in the first ten rows from the stage. Nope. We were at least forty rows back on the floor, stewing in rage as lame VIPs walked by us to take their free seats up front.

Once the show started, there were a few minutes, right before matters really got out of hand, when we were able to run forward and get within 15 rows of the stage, pressed in with other people, but that's basically when the wheels came off completely and the "riot" ensued.

Still one of the most exciting Morrissey concerts I've seen. I feel guilty saying that because I know a few people got hurt. It was the sense of threat in the air, like anything could happen, that was the real thrill. And "we" were famous for 30 seconds on Southland TVs! To borrow Sonic Youth's words, "a teenage riot"...

The Mrs and I were in the lower bleacher area about mid court as I reacall. Many people from our area ran down to the floor but we thought that we'd be no better off in the throng so we just stayed put and waited....and waited....and waited.......and waited..............

Pregs, you remind me of a young Katherine Hepburn. You have the same classic bone structure:

l_69cbc5dd24793d398fa3f9c510f99824.jpg

Or, even Cate Blanchett as Katherine:

blanchett1_narrowweb__200x302.jpg

I agree, I would like it a bit longer. But I intend to keep it very short, it's so nice not to have to spend time drying and styling it. :D

It's funny because when I saw your picture yesterday, before all of this "short hair" talk, I thought, "wow she looks really pretty and pretty with short hair..it looks very modern and chic" I could never wear my hair that way and look good but I admire people that can.

This is too sweet, it always makes my heart melt when I see solo guys meeting up. :love: I guess the pic was taken by Mr Julie.

Pregs, you remind me of a young Katherine Hepburn. You have the same classic bone structure:

Or, even Cate Blanchett as Katherine:

It's funny because when I saw your picture yesterday, before all of this "short hair" talk, I thought, "wow she looks really pretty and pretty with short hair..it looks very modern and chic" I could never wear my hair that way and look good but I admire people that can.

Awww... you are *all* too nice. It was funny, I had it cut in two shorter versions while it was thinning, and the shorter it got, the more I liked it. I get lots of compliments, even from people who don't know the whole story. I got a makeover! Weight loss, new hairstyle... See? Silver lining... it's always there.

Last edited:
Pregs had chemo last year, and successfully battled cancer. Her hair is just starting to grow back - I personally love it. She posted a picture of herself with long red hair on the female frink thread last year. She's beautiful both ways! *wolfwhistles*

I did it for the people at home, since it was my home state. One time only, though! If the security goon with masculinity issues hadn't chucked me back to my seat, I shiver to think what the people at home would have dealt with.

Wasn't it nice that Mr. Pooley got second billing? :D

Zoloft-I didn't realize that was you w/ the sign at the end of the show! We wished you luck. I hope you were successful!

David-I completely relate. I swear it's that school. ;)

Echo has the most beautiful soft Scottish accent. I'll hear it every time I read one of her posts now.

Thank you! A lot of people wished me luck and said they wanted a piece of his shirt too. Were you the one that said something like you would like to stand there with a sign too? I surprisingly got a lot of positive comments and smiles. People were really nice. I was embarrassed to stand there with my sign, but decided I had nothing to lose. I'm shy on top of it, so I can't believe I did that. No, I didn't get a piece of his shirt. I had no offers except one guy said "how much will you pay" and I said, "what do you have?" and he said he had a button.

Hey, does anyone know in what part of the last song (First of the Gang) it was when Moz grabbed my hand and tried unsuccessfully to help pull me onto the stage? I was so stunned, I can't remember. And does anyone remember when he gave the last handshakes? I think I got one of the last ones. I think the song was over.

Last edited:
Hey, does anyone know in what part of the last song (Irish Blood English Heart) it was when Moz grabbed my hand and tried unsuccessfully to help pull me onto the stage? I was so stunned, I can't remember. And does anyone remember when he gave the last handshakes? I think I got one of the last ones. I think the song was over.

I saw you by the exit with your sign- sorry that didn't pan out. I have three shirt scraps from various '07 shows. I'll share if that's good enough. I know it's not from the right show, through.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I saw your hand shake. It was one of the very last, I think. Do have wavy or curly hair? Maybe it was in a ponytail? It was one of the very last before he turned and walked offstage. I'm sorry, I didn't take any pictures. :(

I saw you by the exit with your sign- sorry that didn't pan out. I have three shirt scraps from various '07 shows. I'll share if that's good enough. I know it's not from the right show, through.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I saw your hand shake. It was one of the very last, I think. Do have wavy or curly hair? Maybe it was in a ponytail? It was one of the very last before he turned and walked offstage. I'm sorry, I didn't take any pictures. :(

OMG! Are you serious!!!!!!! I would be thrilled and delighted and on cloud 9 if I could have a tiny piece of his shirt! It would be very special to me also because I went to the 07 show in Ann Arbor! I would be forever grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

I have long straight brown hair with blonde bangs. My hair was not in a pony tail. I tend to keep it behind my shoulders. I had on a pink rain jacket. I wear glasses that are practically invisible (pale pink plastic). Did you get the handshake on the right side of the stage? If so, you were right next to me.

Aw, that's ok about the pics.

Back
Top Bottom