"As a black teenager, I loved Morrissey. But heaven knows..." - Guardian article by Joshua Surtees

Going by how many anti-Corbyn articles the Guardian managed to publish after he was first elected leader, I suspect they've got about another 150 of these anti-Morrissey pieces in the pipeline...

As a black teenager, I loved Morrissey. But heaven knows I’m miserable now - Opinion / The Guardian
By Joshua Surtees
I used to defend Morrissey against accusations of racism. Now I feel betrayed by his support for bigots like Tommy Robinson

(And it's some top class trolling, using "Heaven Knows..." in the article title, given how much they know Morrissey hates that and "Bigmouth" being used in headlines.)

This is never going to end unless Morrissey backtracks/apologises. Which means: this is never going to end.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The ALF is only tolerated at Anarchist Book Fairs. I go whenever I can. I am received as a CELEBRITY at such gatherings. Morrissey would be so proud of me. :)
No I've seen ALF in community events but they seem very paranoid which probably makes sense. They are not friendly people but many of the people that approach them are probably police.

Sometimes I like to prance around my house in nothing but my ALF hoodie and an expensive lace thong. And I can do that because of FREE SPEECH.

Ok, motherf***ers. I've got to lie down. I have low blood pressure and I think im gonna faint. Play nice.

There is some truth in the idea that many liberals want to save these "other" people they perceive as needing their help. Of course it's nice to want to help people but you're right about the way some liberals behave. I am not sure it's limited to liberals though. A lot of people who want to save the world are conservative and religious and can have the same sort of attitudes.
Conservatives in the UK are now socially liberal also. So we have both the mainstream left and right saying how much they love multiculturalism and everything it stands for.

Wonder why? Not money surely? Not the plan of a future cultureless society of dumb consumers surely?

Oh yes.

Funny how The Guardian is content to review the films of Roman Polanski without producing scores of op-ed pieces reminding us that he's a monster who has admitted drugging and sodomising a child. Just saying.
They really should so Morrissey could ask where were the parents and blame the young girl for it.

They really should so Morrissey could ask where were the parents and blame the young girl for it.
Roman Polanski buggered a 13 year old girl who he first drugged - and Hollywood love this Jewish weirdo.

Tells me all I need to know about these lowlifes.

Last edited:
Roman Polanski buggered a 13 year old girl who he first drugged - and Hollywood love this Jewish weirdo.

I think you'd be slightly messed up if your mother had been murdered in a concentration camp and your wife and unborn child had been murdered by a bunch of sadistic hippie f***s. And it was the 70's....all the celebs were on drugs screwing everything.

I think you'd be slightly messed up if your mother had been murdered in a concentration camp and your wife and unborn child had been murdered by a bunch of sadistic hippie f***s. And it was the 70's....all the celebs were on drugs screwing everything.
Give the freak a pass then!

They should have got Manson to give him a personal castration with a blunt butter knife.

They really don't. Some people do think he's great despite what he did, but they don't work with him or try to help him get movies made.
Now what's really weird is that another director, Victor Salva, did much worse and is allowed to work.

Give the freak a pass then!

They should have got Manson to give him a personal castration with a blunt butter knife.

tenor.gif

They really don't. Some people do think he's great despite what he did, but they don't work with him or try to help him get movies made.
Now what's really weird is that another director, Victor Salva, did much worse and is allowed to work.
They petitioned for him and gave him a standing ovation. Only a few backed off when the bad publicity hit them.

Victor Salva isn't as well known but obviously has good tribal connections.

Powder is an amazing movie, it's hard to reconcile that a person who made that would go on to do what he did.

You're a troll. So are you saying that he isn't an Islamaphobic, xenophobic, nationalist bulldog?
What do you think? This is all about you. We want to know about you. First and foremost. The lens is on you. Only you.

A traumatic incident with a person of color that has now generalized to all people of color.
That is racism! That generalization is the basis for all racism. "I hate all x people because some of them did y."

I do think that racism is beyond common sense as Moz said, but I agree with IForgotMyName that it's completely natural. Racism is a remnant of our origins in which, in order to survive, we had to make these generalizations. In our more primitive times, if Suzie was mauled by a bear, we'd avoid all bears so that the same thing doesn't happen again. Would you hug a bear? Of course, not all bears are violent. I'm sure if you look within yourself, you can find many generalizations of that kind.

Everyone makes those generalizations. They're natural. The only thing that seperates a racist from a non racist is that non-racists follow their generalizations with corrective thoughts.
Dogs can learn to love people of all races.
Everyone can. Racists can make exceptions when they meet minority people personally... and often they do. It's the negative generalization that makes people racist- the assumption of what a person is like before meeting them. If a racist meets a black person, though their first instinct might be repulsion, if the black person actually don't behave in the undesirable way that they assumed all black people behaved in, they can become "one of the good ones".

If anything, this example with the dogs only proved how innate, natural and primitive racism really is.

the more nazi trolls the less people stand up for Moz. keep them coming!

Back
Top Bottom