Morrissey Central "BAWDY BOYS OF SONG VEGAS NOW!" (July 4, 2022)

0-6_hrfuo5.jpg
0-1_veh8eh.png

0-7_r168yd.jpg

0-8_gpskfq.jpg
0-9_qz2hkz.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Alain is Whyte, but that's alright ;)
I think that it is great that we can have an honest discussion, without the constant barrage of being unkind (of which I have taken a part sometimes, in defense of what I write)….I think Alain and Boz are both amazing. I fear what would have happened to Morrissey’s career had he not found them, (or they found him). But one never knows. That’s a rabbit hole we aren’t going down now.

Admittedly, I prefer Alain’s solo efforts versus Boz’s, but when you have I Can Have Both it’s hard to justify my opinion. They both brought us incredible songs that will stay with us forever. And both are genuinely nice men as far as I have seen and know.

I haven’t heard the new songs yet (see an earlier post)….but my thoughts on Jesse in the past have been pretty negative. But that was when we didn’t have Alain. Now the dynamic has changed, and let’s see what a collaboration between the two can give us. We never know.

But I have to have hope, because sometimes music is all I have left in this unkind world.

Be well and safe all……..
RE
"I think that it is great that we can have an honest discussion, without the constant barrage of being unkind"

To be honest I'm not sure if people have said unkind things to me, as I'm not on here that much, well not compared to some and I don't often read comments.
The interaction I have had has been mostly nice. A few have messaged me and seem intelligent enough.
Of course, there is always a fly or two in the soup and I have them on ignore
I believe in free speech but I also believe in being free to ignore people.
If I encountered these people in "real life" I would walk away, so I act in the same way in the virtual world.
Life is very short and its pointless spending time seeing things from people you have nought respect for and in common with

There was one person who thought I was someone else, I am not that person they thought I was. I wish I was.

Myself, I think M made a mistake in terms of musical choice, he had the chance to work with Richard Hawley, after The Longpigs broke up ,
He opted out, probably due to the way Richard looks. Shame as Richard is way brighter than Alain and Boz and had much better songs
But M is who he is and he can only be with people he feels comfy with (which I relate to)
Ive said it before but it's very funny how people act towards Alain and Boz now, in the 90s nobody had a good word to say about them
I saw their first gigs, around Kill Uncle, an LP I adore and those shows were great. The boys learned quickly and grew with each lp
I thought Boz and Alain together were a good team, It is nice to see Alain back, he seems to enjoy himself and its infectious.

Im looking forward to hearing the new songs he and M have been working on .
I think Alain's time away gave him a chance to see how lucky he got it, landing the gig with M and I expect he has lots of idea's for M now.
I want to say, although I have been critical of one of the new songs, I do not think its "bad " as such and I like most of the new songs. I live in Oblivian is my fave of the bunch

Thank God his new songs are solid. It’s been far too long, since Ringleaders. After that he was cursed with Jesse alone. He desperately needed Alain back. As everyone can tell he has only gotten better since his return. I’ll be front and center for the next 3 shows, praising Morrissey again after 10 years. Oh, I’m going to burst with emotion when he come out. The excitement is finally overwhelming. If you are reading this Alain, please tell M to play “Life Is A Pigsty”, I know that’s one of your favorite songs as well.

Moz Vegas or Bust!!!
It’s actually nice to hear fans say hiw music sounds good again and yes he was stuck with Jesse who I think is a hack of a music songwritter with making uninspired music. Thank you Alain for returning.

Yes, there was a Business in the UK that used to go around doing it,
I guess they do the work, provide the tech and the artist gets a 30% cut.
It would be a good idea for these residencies
Though, in truth, I would buy one every single gig - do nice covers. Be good and its a physical product for what is an emotions-based event

I have a few of these, the 2 Marr ones, 1 of Echo and the Bunnymen and 3 of Peter Hooks, they are all excellent quality and a great momento from the shows.

The Flop Era continues...and intensifies...as soon as 'Bonfire Of Teenagers' is released, any remaining residual goodwill towards Morrissey will be unceremoniously torched on the funeral pyre-bonfire of vanities of his delusionality, the execrable lyrics to that silly dirge are helpfully provided as kindling. What a dreadful aul eejit yer man turned out to be, eh lads?

BB
which you still havent listened to,will only take 20 minutes,your not that busy.

The Flop Era continues...and intensifies...as soon as 'Bonfire Of Teenagers' is released, any remaining residual goodwill towards Morrissey will be unceremoniously torched on the funeral pyre-bonfire of vanities of his delusionality, the execrable lyrics to that silly dirge are helpfully provided as kindling. What a dreadful aul eejit yer man turned out to be, eh lads?

BB
If that means you will soon be gone, then bring it on ;)
(ofc you won't go but one can dream)

I’m trying to gauge your anger; particularly as it seems there was a time when you rather liked Morrissey. Was there a particular event, or recording, that flipped your lid?

I distinguish you from the other haters because (save for the outstanding question above), as you do generally articulate a reason for your loathing.
I'm not angry. Circus clowns like Morrissey amuse me.

He has abused the trust placed in him by vulnerable people. That's why he now faces reputational oblivion.

I really am too busy dealing with the feedback on this site...maybe tonight....
thought you were going to say you were too busy working,dealing with feedback,aye right.

He has abused the trust placed in him by vulnerable people. That's why he now faces reputational oblivion.
When was the turning point for you? When did you go from being a proper fan to a detractor? Or was there a long process?

Maybe you could try explaining what you actually mean by this, so we can at least try and understand your viewpoint? You articulate well, in the main, and I, for one, am genuinely intrigued. I'm sure others on here are too.

Who are these "vulnerable" people, and what "trust" did they place in Morrissey?

Without further clarity, these kind of statements (and the many other negative comments you make) come across as just hateful, and even sinister, thoughts from within your own mind.

Surely even you can see that?

You have clairvoyant skills but, sadly, you write like a dunce.
bb when you resort to name calling then im afraid you have lost the argument,and here was me thinking you were better than that.

BB

You are severely wrong. Even if the remaining six tracks are somehow lounge or dance-bop dreck (difficult to imagine, these five being so excellent, yet possible, given the last five years), he's still got at least half an album that scorches his critics. And that will suffice.

While your macho vintner in Tool offers gooey New Age pablum like "we are all one spark, eyes full of wonder" and contemplates climate change with the optimistic spiritualism of "pray we mitigate the ruin," Morrissey cannot be bothered with idiot futility & hand-wringing and gets straight to the point in Sure Enough with "please be fair, you should tell the little kids they live in hell now." And while Tool mines the 70s for one its worst genres, prog, Morrissey's co-writer on this one seems to have channeled Thin Lizzy and Cheap Trick, a very tasty slice of the 70s. Bawdy boys of song indeed. I will grant you that a "Flop Era" did occur (2017-2021), but finally, it seems to have ended. Who knows, maybe he signed another pact with a demon. As the medieval saying goes, "the devil has all the best tunes."

Last edited:

BB
Do you talk like that in real life? If so, you must be insufferable.

You are severely wrong. Even if the remaining six tracks are somehow lounge or dance-bop dreck (difficult to imagine, these five being so excellent, yet possible, given the last five years), he's still got at least half an album that scorches his critics. And that will suffice.

While your macho vintner in Tool offers gooey New Age pablum like "we are all one spark, eyes full of wonder" and contemplates climate change with the optimistic spiritualism of "pray we mitigate the ruin," Morrissey cannot be bothered with idiot futility & hand-wringing and gets straight to the point in Sure Enough with "please be fair, you should tell the little kids they live in hell now." And while Tool mines the 70s for one its worst genres, prog, Morrissey's co-writer on this one seems to have channeled Thin Lizzy and Cheap Trick, a very tasty slice of the 70s. Bawdy boys of song indeed. I will grant you that a "Flop Era" did occur (2017-2021), but finally, it seems to have ended. Who knows, maybe he signed another pact with a demon. As the medieval saying goes, "the devil has all the best tunes."
Your not a fan of Dog? One of the saddest things about the current set list, for me, is that it reminds that that album will never get its proper due in a live context. And I can’t think of an LP he’s made in the last quarter of a century that would translate better to the stage of the smaller venues he’s about to play.

Actually, reviving That’s How People Grow Up is pretty sad too—albeit in a different way.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom