Morrissey Central "Bernie Sanders" (December 10, 2023)

28de9033794f85df3c319bc9cd458e0ee113db01.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because we were talking about a possible link between cringeworthy photoshops like Bernie Sanders on Morrissey Central and the concert backdrops, here is exhibit A. Gone are the enigmatic ones. Onstage as on Central now, it's corny plays on lyrics. The man seems to like them:

81866_eb46d32d80941bc9f0d520b20dd0e125.jpg

Wha?! Are you really seeing a likeness between that great photo used as a backdrop
and the recent cringe meme posted on Central?!

Dude … check your head!

😃"This World Is Full of Crashing Bores." ! 😃Molly, David, Maggy, Zack, Rocco, Daisy & Jackson S.D. Morrissey Crew🌴🌴🌴

The simplest explanation for this Central post: Moz looks out at his audience when he performs and sees less and less young people. Liberal Bernie has way more young fans than Moz so...

Similar example: Moz gets called a bigot so he posts picture of himself hugging black female vocalist, does photo-op in front of the house of famous black poet, etc,etc.

It's not rocket science.

I wonder what Karen makes of Morrissey saying the Right Wing has adopted a Left Wing stance? Must have been Sam or Donnie just standing out of camera whispering this stuff in his ear :lbf:
Liberal democracy has proved itself to be an insufficient barrier to halt the ambitions of the far right. Though liberal elites are horrified by the vulgarity of the far right, they are not necessarily opposed to diverting the masses from a politics of class to a politics of despair, as the far right has done.

The main criticism of the right does not come from liberal institutions, but from the fields and the factories, as seen in the mobilisations against hunger and against the uberisation of work.

Maybe what reminded Morrissey of that meme was reflecting on how Sanders protests progressive liberalism but when push comes to shove, he supports violence, often associated with the right, such as arming unequal war parties, as in Gaza, thus ensuring continued funding for his own campaign, the context for the original photo? Vermont has better public services than other states but also has a major arms industry, war planes, I think, and no matter how challenged, Sanders never budges but is committed to keeping that going too.

Maybe what reminded Morrissey of that meme was reflecting on how Sanders protests progressive liberalism but when push comes to shove, he supports violence, often associated with the right, such as arming unequal war parties, as in Gaza, thus ensuring continued funding for his own campaign, the context for the original photo? Vermont has better public services than other states but also has a major arms industry, war planes, I think, and no matter how challenged, Sanders never budges but is committed to keeping that going too.
While I agree with you about Sanders I'm 99% sure Moz didn't give it that much thought, LOL

Moz needs to do something like this again, rather than inane posts about Come Dancing. The interview on US morning TV was excellent. Has he bought back Bonfire yet? The silence is deafening.
In regards to 'BOT', M was put in his place by those Scott Rodger tweets. They basically show him as a total manipulator of the truth. Attempting to re-carve his default ' the world is against me' rhetoric.....very droll and clearly not the case. He leads a privileged life, but as per his own worst enemy.

No comment on that BS post, Ahem.

I doubt Morrissey was involved.

And Sanders probably has activists telling him that if Israel doesn't win 'the narrative war' then it will be hated & they'll all be killed. And you would have to have nerves of steel to withstand that at his age.

Yes, exactly. That's why I think the weirder the post, the more likely it's Morrissey, because the flunkies wouldn't risk getting the axe unless they're 100% sure Morrissey would like it. They especially wouldn't risk it in terms of posting politics, and Morrissey is highly idiosyncratic there.
Totally. I've always found the idea that Morrissey's tour manager somehow has carte blanche on Central pretty absurd.

I doubt Morrissey was involved.

And Sanders probably has activists telling him that if Israel doesn't win 'the narrative war' then it will be hated & they'll all be killed. And you would have to have nerves of steel to withstand that at his age.
You just made that up in your head. How do Bernie's 'nerves of steel' cope with all the Palestinian deaths.

You just made that up in your head. How do Bernie's 'nerves of steel' cope with all the Palestinian deaths.

I've seen the propaganda going round. Plus a friend of mine on a Jewish newspaper has had a nervous breakdown because of it - so I can't imagine someone with his high profile is getting an easier time of it.

I've seen the propaganda going round. Plus a friend of mine on a Jewish newspaper has had a nervous breakdown because of it - so I can't imagine someone with his high profile is getting an easier time of it.
'I've seen the propaganda going round' fookin hell the state of it :lbf:

Facts are Morriisey just puts out crap everywhere now and im not talking about the supossed racist stuff. No other artist i have seen has ever self-sabotaged their career like Morrissey without being totally addicted to drugs.

I have been a fan since 86 and I won't be going to the concerts on LA because they will either be cancelled, or he will play the same songs he's been playing forever with a 50 min total show. I will send more time getting out the parking lot then at the show.

I watched an interview with Bernie he said that if there were to be a ceasefire Hamas would ..well they wouldn't stop fighting and that was his reason for not calling for one. Having followed him for a few years since his first election run though I think he seems like a good man and I would take Sanders over Biden or Trump, I don't think he'd support war if he thought there were other viable options. I hope not anyway. I'd much rather Morrissey shared Bernie Sanders memes than Paul Joseph Watsons horrible videos.

I watched an interview with Bernie he said that if there were to be a ceasefire Hamas would ..well they wouldn't stop fighting and that was his reason for not calling for one. Having followed him for a few years since his first election run though I think he seems like a good man and I would take Sanders over Biden or Trump, I don't think he'd support war if he thought there were other viable options. I hope not anyway. I'd much rather Morrissey shared Bernie Sanders memes than Paul Joseph Watsons horrible videos.

There is no point in him sharing a meme at all.

Over in the USA working at the moment. Bernie has lost A LOT of support of a lot of his old supporters I think it's because he was cucked by Bdien and they think he should be attacking Israel.
By the fecking way, a couple of the other Soloers at work, here. There are 4. Who use the same work laptops went on here and got logged into this account. How the feck did they do that, when I was logged out? No I don't save loggings on the browsers.
A couple of my team went to see M in Aussie land. Said he was fire.

In regards to 'BOT', M was put in his place by those Scott Rodger tweets.
Scott Rodger's company Capitol are poor judges of what counts as genuine racism, considering that, after releasing an AI rapping robot in 2022, they had to recall it within weeks when rights groups objected to the offensive lyrical content -

There is no point in him sharing a meme at all.
There's no harm in it either. Most Central posts are roasted on Msolo. I can think of only about 2 in the past year that weren't, and that's usually after some folks in the wider world pick it up and give praise, A negative bias appears to prevail around here.

There's no harm in it either. Most Central posts are roasted on Msolo. I can think of only about 2 in the past year that weren't, and that's usually after some folks in the wider world pick it up and give praise, A negative bias appears to prevail around here.

In this case, I'm just thinking about the horrific possibility that anyone connected to Israel thinks getting Central to post something Bernie related is helping their country.

Oli London is in Israel. OLI LONDON.

They'll survive destroying Gaza because no one wants to get involved - but they've got to keep surviving & they've lost a lot of moral ground.

Plus - it does mean Central is still a shitshow that will tank everything he does.

Over in the USA working at the moment. Bernie has lost A LOT of support of a lot of his old supporters I think it's because he was cucked by Bdien and they think he should be attacking Israel.
By the fecking way, a couple of the other Soloers at work, here. There are 4. Who use the same work laptops went on here and got logged into this account. How the feck did they do that, when I was logged out? No I don't save loggings on the browsers.
A couple of my team went to see M in Aussie land. Said he was fire.
I sorely doubt they've ever described anything, ever as "fire" - except actual fire, I suppose, but that's just naming, not description.

Incidentally, I don't save my loggings either. Flush them away.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom