Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Mark E. Nevin (co-wrote 6%)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jesse Tobias (co-wrote 5%)

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • other

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
The charts are for retards like them. Morrissey doesn't and shouldn't need to be there with them!

Explain that to him...he's the one who whines about missing #1 with the release of every single. :)

Or is it a bad sign that he can't compete with it? That he can't compete with...Jedward.

The masses seem to like crap. I'd rather be in the minority that listens to something with quality than like something that's more popular even though its garbage.

The charts are for retards like them. Morrissey doesn't and shouldn't need to be there with them!

oh dear - this is the most depressing misconception on the whole of planet indie i.e. that chart success is purely a concern for 'manufactured' boy/girl bands. cool bands don't care about the charts or record sales!
absolute bollocks.
Morrissey needs to have a level of commercial success to attract record companies. he needs record companies in order for him to record and release new music. of course he could go the DIY route but refuses to do this.
these are jittery times for Morrissey. Quarry sold half a million, ROTT, about 200,000 and YOR less than 100,000.
if you want Morrissey's activity simply to be restricted to touring an ageing body of work, then the attitude that chart positions and sales are for Jedward (and their ilk) is fine.
if you wanna hear new songs/albums by Morrissey (as I do), you need to realise how fundamental chart success, or at least decent album sales, are to enable this to happen.

oh dear - this is the most depressing misconception on the whole of planet indie i.e. that chart success is purely a concern for 'manufactured' boy/girl bands. cool bands don't care about the charts or record sales!
absolute bollocks.
Morrissey needs to have a level of commercial success to attract record companies. he needs record companies in order for him to record and release new music. of course he could go the DIY route but refuses to do this.
these are jittery times for Morrissey. Quarry sold half a million, ROTT, about 200,000 and YOR less than 100,000.
if you want Morrissey's activity simply to be restricted to touring an ageing body of work, then the attitude that chart positions and sales are for Jedward (and their ilk) is fine.
if you wanna hear new songs/albums by Morrissey (as I do), you need to realise how fundamental chart success, or at least decent album sales, are to enable this to happen.

Orsonclapping.gif

You are absolutely correct...people don't seem to quite get that he is on the brink of going another 7 years without a record label.

Back
Top Bottom