Binyamina-Giv'at Ada - Zappa Amphi Shuni (July 2, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Hagit Yaron FB.

Last edited:

I am not a lefty and I know he is alt right.
He really isn’t. He’s your bog standard Conservative with a funny Twitter account.

Same here, strange that bhops would make that assumption about people he has never met or read up on?
I read about you on Wiki, so it must be true ;)

No, he's not a standard conservative, we should probably prepare for our launch to off topic
Free speech, pro 2nd amendment, pro life and anti illegal immigration. Pretty standard.

I like the way Morrissey talks to buildings in his songs now. He spoke to the window of the building in 'Saint in a Stained Glass Window', and in 'Notre Dame' when he sings "Notre Dame, a cold hand just touched me", I think he's telling the Notre Dame cathedral about the time an airport security officer felt him up and put their finger down his rear cleavage :(

Several listens in, Notre Dame is pretty good. The music really makes up for the lackluster lyrics. The comparisons made earlier to the Rolling Stones’ and Pink Floyd’s late 70s flirtations with disco and funk are apt. As with The Night Pop Dropped, which recalls the Eagles’ and Warren Zevon’s electro-funk excursions, I never thought I’d hear Morrissey mining that period, but somehow it sounds swell. Like the songs from Bonfire, the songs from Without Music are so far promising.

The lyrics unfortunately are terrible, but at least they finally confirm what’s long been suspected. Brandishing a crucifix before an Israeli audience is kind of odd, but I guess it works with the song. I have to speculate that Morrissey at this point might be something of a Douglas Murray: atheist/agnostic but sympathetic to Catholicism culturally and admiring of the “Judaeo-Christian patrimony of the West” and all that idiocy. Pobre Esteban.

Last edited:
what happened is that he met Russell Brand.
Surely it is pointless and a bit desperate now to be blaming anybody else for this - whether it's Sam, Jesse, Donnie or whoever. The mess he has made is on Morrissey alone, he makes his own choices.

It's easier to tolerate M's...spouting when the music is good. Going by Notre Dame, the songs aren't good anymore... it's actually bland rubbish
Exactly! When he looked like James Dean and the songs were The National Front Disco and Bengali In Platforms, it was much, much easier to let things slide. That ship has sailed.

im off for two weeks,,,does nobody else on here work,people posting from morning till night.
this is a bit heavy for me and will definitely reach the 500 club,off out.

I have long since resigned myself to the fact that Morrissey is - if not actually racist, then certainly highly bigoted towards certain races/religions. What I find more galling is that by outing himself as a conspiracy theorist, he has revealed that he is actually pretty limited intellectually, and - let's face it - a bit of a thicko. Having dedicated multiple decades s of my life, and several thousand pounds worth of ticket purchases, to a dummkopf is slightly embarrassing. But such is life. More fool me, I guess. :squiffy:

Back
Top Bottom