Binyamina-Giv'at Ada - Zappa Amphi Shuni (July 2, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Hagit Yaron FB.

Last edited:
What a silly, cop-out reply. And I'm one of the few who doesn't consider Morrissey a "racist." Like someone else mentioned, he's getting harder and harder to defend.
Do you honestly think he is not a fecking racist, now ?
If someone who isn't fecking M said this stuff, would you say he isn't a racist, also? I think in the last 6 years I've had to re think M. I do not think he was a racist in the Smiths or the 90s but if I'm honest it seems something seemed to happen to him after he went to the USA . Not that he suddenly became racist but his world view seemed to change more and more I think given what he started saying around 6 years ago . I think he probably is, if not racist, then a bigot . I dont mean he hates black people or all Muslims or anything like that, but something has happened where there is some severe bigotry at play .
Why do you think he is severely mentally ill by the way ? He has never been sectioned has he ? I think he has always had depression and drink has become more and more of an issue but being an alcoholic or drug addict is always only a symptom of another disease. Not trolling you

I think I've been more forgiving of the recent stuff than a lot of people. Even when the lyrics are a bit uninspired, to say the least, the vocal melodies at least keep me hooked.

But Notre Dame... Wow, that's bad

I think I've been more forgiving of the recent stuff than a lot of people. Even when the lyrics are a bit uninspired, to say the least, the vocal melodies at least keep me hooked.

But Notre Dame... Wow, that's bad
While I may agree with the sentiment of the song the lyrics are indeed shite. It's just a laundry list of complaints.

If someone who isn't fecking M said this stuff, would you say he isn't a racist, also? I think in the last 6 years I've had to re think M. I do not think he was a racist in the Smiths or the 90s but if I'm honest it seems something seemed to happen to him after he went to the USA . Not that he suddenly became racist but his world view seemed to change more and more I think given what he started saying around 6 years ago . I think he probably is, if not racist, then a bigot . I dont mean he hates black people or all Muslims or anything like that, but something has happened where there is some severe bigotry at play .
Why do you think he is severely mentally ill by the way ? He has never been sectioned has he ? I think he has always had depression and drink has become more and more of an issue but being an alcoholic or drug addict is always only a symptom of another disease. Not trolling you
So sick of people using a word as a means to feel superior to people. Its so dumb. Racist this racist that. Do you realize that gvt officials made billions in bribe money from smugglers from Africa? What better way to make it acceptable then brainwashing the masses and accusing everyone with the evil deed of racism . But pedo is ok?

I have no idea what he's looking to achieve anymore, the lyrics to this song play right into the hands of his detractors.

I reckon we now know why Alain and Gusto left. Who would allow themselves to be professionally associated with this craziness

3 Hours of the cure, must be some form of capital punishment

Except it isn't, and their new material - still as yet unreleased - is beyond phenomenally heart-breaking.

And I'm outside in the dark
Staring at the blood red moon
Remembering the hopes and dreams I had
And all I had to do
And wondering what became of that boy
And the world he called his own
Wondering how I got so old

It’s all gone, it’s all gone

Nothing left of all I loved
It all feels wrong
It’s all gone, it’s all gone, it’s all gone
No hopes, no dreams, no world
No, I don’t belong

I don’t belong here anymore

I will lose myself in time
It won’t be long

Left alone with nothing at the end of every song
Left alone with nothing
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing

Why wouldn’t he have a problem with Islam? It’s a religion of hate and violence, and like all religions incredibly stupid

I think Morrissey is ignorant, stubborn, and severely mentally ill. I think he orbits around a different solar system and has a very slim connection to reality. I think he surrounds himself with "bad" people and is easily influenced by their opinions. I believe he's quite far removed from the man and artist he was even ten years ago. I think he needs help, I think he needs a genuine friend who doesn't have their hand out. But do I think he's a racist? No, I do not. I stand by that.

Screen-Shot-2023-07-03-at-1.27.39-AM-e1688337029961-640x400.png

Morrissey thrilled to be in ‘God’s country’ as he performs first of two shows

Excerpt:
English singer Morrissey brought his crisp baritone and familiar, turmoil- filled lyrics to Amphi Shuni in the northern town of Binyamina Sunday night, and while all 1,350 seats of the restored Roman amphitheater were full to bursting with dedicated fans, Morrissey himself seemed a little, well, listless.

So sick of people using a word as a means to feel superior to people. Its so dumb. Racist this racist that. Do you realize that gvt officials made billions in bribe money from smugglers from Africa? What better way to make it acceptable then brainwashing the masses and accusing everyone with the evil deed of racism . But pedo is ok?
Being a Pedo is ok to fecking who ?
Not in my house anyone touched my kids would get their knees broken . Quick time .
I think you will find I was replying to someone else who did bring up the subject of racism . I also said I do not think M is a racist , I think he is a bigot . The only reason I mentioned it , is because the person I replied to seemed quite fair minded . So my question was if someone who wasn't M wrote a song like the new one and went on about For Britain would you give them the benefit of doubt you give M . I don't think I have ever called him a racist but he definitely has said some bigoted stuff . Obviously it doesn't bother me too much or I wouldn't come his fan site. I'm not fecking skinny. No offense but I can't think of anything worse than going on the site of a person I hated
I wouldn't have gone to all the gigs last year and I wouldn't be going to Liverpool and the Troxy gig . So, no I do not think he is a racist by my standards but I can see why he might be to others . I have no idea why you mentioned pedo. The funny thing is people have accused M of being one of those as well . In fact Moss Jnr seemed to hint at it the other day . I don't think M is one .I think it's blatant homophobia at play by some folkers .
Are you another one of those wimpy right wingers like PJW, who go on about Free speech ,the woke and get over anxious about drag queens. It's funny how many on the right think gay equals pedo

View attachment 92513

Excerpt:
English singer Morrissey brought his crisp baritone and familiar, turmoil- filled lyrics to Amphi Shuni in the northern town of Binyamina Sunday night, and while all 1,350 seats of the restored Roman amphitheater were full to bursting with dedicated fans, Morrissey himself seemed a little, well, listless.

Hey FWD.
Do ya know if this concert was broadcast?
Seems like a lotta the shows in Israel are.

Hey FWD.
Do ya know if this concert was broadcast?
Seems like a lotta the shows in Israel are.
Not seen any TV cameras in and around audience bits yet. The article itself uses a YT screencap.
Regards,
FWD.

View attachment 92513

Excerpt:

Lol
Not many seats to sell out . But I'm happy he did, I hope all his gigs sell out, that way a label may still sign him. You never know he may be able to get some of his Israeli contacts to get him a label 🤞

Except it isn't, and their new material - still as yet unreleased - is beyond phenomenally heart-breaking.

Staring at the blood red moon
Remembering the hopes and dreams I had
And all I had to do
And wondering what became of that boy
And the world he called his own
Wondering how I got so old

Nothing left of all I loved
It all feels wrong
No hopes, no dreams, no world
No, I don’t belong

I don’t belong here anymore

I will lose myself in time
It won’t be long

Left alone with nothing
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing

I know what happened to that boy, he got very very fat.

I know what happened to that boy, he got very very fat.

Maybe he can feed M in hospital while he lives in oblivion. Open wide for uncle Bob, Moz!

SHOVE IT IN YOUR MOUTH
COME ON
OPEN WIDE
ONE, TWO, THREE
ONE MORE SPOONFUL
DOWN THE HATCH
ONE, TWO, THREE
ONE MORE SPOONFUL
THERE'S A GOOD BOY
OH, THERE'S A GOOD BOY
THERE'S A GOOD BOY...

Why wouldn’t he have a problem with Islam? It’s a religion of hate and violence, and like all religions incredibly stupid
Exactly "all religions are incredibly stupid "
I know that mate , but M doesn't . We all know he is having a pop at one religion. Listen I'm not hating on the guy . I think that's obvious I have never called a c..t I don't call him racist or anything
But I am allowed to say I think he's proving he is a bigot . We can all say "yes mate , but where has he said he hates Muslims " , "Tina was a Muslim '. It's obvious why he makes a show of BOT ,it's obvious why he made a show of mentioning For Britain and now it's obvious why he did this song . I don't hate him for doing it .I just think it's a mistake and he used to be better than that . That is it . I don't know why we all have to argue on here . If people like the new song , fine fill your boots

Back
Top Bottom