Boston Rescheduled - for this Saturday!

Whigged

Just got this e-mail from his PR firm:

"Following the postponement due to illness of several shows last week we are delighted to announce that Morrissey's US tour will recommence tonight at the Wolf Trap in Vienna, Virginia. Morrissey was suffering with a viral infection that brought his show in Boston at the Bank Of America Pavillion to a halt after only seven songs last Tuesday the 26th of June. Following doctor's orders not to sing for 5 days it also forced the postponement of shows in Northampton, Philadelphia and New York's Madison Square Garden. The Boston show has been successfully rescheduled for this Saturday the 7th of July and all tickets from the original date will be honored. It is hoped that rescheduled dates for New York, Philadelphia and Northampton will be secured and announced in the next 24 hours."

Last edited:
there was a post that just vanished pointing out that the livenation site is saying the 9th... however he is already scheduled to be playing norfolk on monday, the 9th....

the 7th makes sense, the place is open and he is nj on friday night, then off til monday

Last edited:
ohhh this is such good news! so which is it then, the 7th or the 9th?!
either works for me!!! :D

Moz, you are a good guy. :)

imagine someone threw their tickets away
awwwwww
that would suck
and i don't know how morrissey can face a crowd that booed him so passionately.

ohhh this is such good news! so which is it then, the 7th or the 9th?!
either works for me!!! :D

I think it's the 7th. It just makes sense as far as the availability of the venue and the rest of his schedule. Live Nation just sucks - they must have untrained monkeys uploading information to their site today.

This will be sooo much better on a Saturday night than a weeknight. Hopefully the fans are more forgiving since the make-up was so quick.

awwwwww
that would suck

They didn't boo him - they booed the Live Nation flak when he announced the show was postponed. I'm sure Moz understands the frustration.

awwwwww
that would suck

it would, but they announced clearly over the microphone to hang onto your tickets, even the guys at the gates were saying it repeatedly as people left.....

and i would not call that "passion". It was barely "booing" in Boston terms, you should see a redsox-yankees game....

I expect to see abject apologies from all the conspiracy theorists on here for the next couple of days.

After all, it's only fair seeing as how they seemed to feel they deserved to see Morrissey grovelling at their feet for the crime of being ill. :rolleyes:

Somehow though I think we won't hear from the cowards until the next time they have something to whinge about.

live nation now listing Saturday July 7th!!!!!!

Yes, Saturday does make sense. Wow, I am so happy!

Hey, Morgan.... I noticed you're from York, ME. I just thought I'd mention that I've been wishing Moz would decide that he needs to add a date in Portland, ME when he reschedules the other northeast ones. If he did, I would be SO THERE whatever the expense, or annoyance to my husband or job! :D Portland is one of my favorite cities and it would be awesome to see him there. I'm sure you'd agree with me on that. ;)

I'm so relieved that he's feeling better and I'm so happy for you NE folks that you're already getting your make up dates. (Moz is a sweetie. I luff him. :o)

I can't wait for Knoxville next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I can't believe this happened so quickly! I am simply ecstatic.Thank you Moz.

Back
Top Bottom