Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he definitely is a sick and twisted individual, he never claimed otherwise, did he?
You can call that what you want. That's fine with me.
I think we can all agree with that. His erratic behavior seemed cool and dangerous when he was young, it hits different when someone in their 60's behaves this way. It feels way more serious and I fear that it is a sign he may not be with us much longer. I could see his depression just completely enveloping him when he doesn't have his youth to lean on.

I think we can all agree with that. His erratic behavior seemed cool and dangerous when he was young, it hits different when someone in their 60's behaves this way. It feels way more serious and I fear that it is a sign he may not be with us much longer. I could see his depression just completely enveloping him when he doesn't have his youth to lean on.
Yes, definitely something to worry about. Since his mother died he really has not many people left he truly trusts I'm afraid. All the online hate doesn't help. Nor the media ignoring him.

But then he looked fine on the last tour or recently in Paris. I think he could easily have a good 20 years left without all the pressures of the music industry. Like Stipe indeed. Just resign from the spotlights and enjoy life. I don't know if that's possible for him, but it would maybe be a wise decision. He doesn't have anything left to prove or achieve.

I think the online hate must have a massive effect on his mental health, surely. It's really extreme, not that he doesn't bring some of it on himself. He looked and sounded perfectly fine and sane in the Fox interview, but this behaviour is increasingly insane.

Morrissey has always fed off the feeling of the outsider, the depressed, the mentally ill, and that is mostly what he attracts. I cringe when people say he saved their lives, it's shows how sick these people really are, and we see them here on the site.

And that's why boring normals like you are here lecturing him to man up and fly straight, like an angry father berating his awkward misfit son. Please the crowds, Morrissey! Show up! Give an explanation when you don't! All you casual fans were ever in it for was "sweet tunes and great gigs." If you can't appreciate the dysfunction and morosity, you never really understood him to begin with.

Empathy is impossible for sociopaths.

Your own lack of empathy is on full display every time you try to defend "eating the hell out of animals." Funny how empathy is expected toward a middle-aged ticket-holder of means, and not an animal being tortured in a cage. Sociopath.

Of course in the film version all of the last 12-18 months will be simplified down to a few scenes in which he's sitting on a settee reading the paper whilst the phone buzzes, unanswered, and someone tells him "you can't keep cancelling gigs". Also, the saga of BOT will be edited so much no one in the cinema will understand unless they've read several biographies and the wikipedia article.

And all that editing just to make room for the 12 minute sequence about the recording of "Yes, I Am Blind". Plus a fictitious scene where he walks out of an interview, where the interviewer is allegedly a composite of several actual journalists who all threatened to sue over the portrayal. Terrible, terrible stuff.

stealfistmarket-26012024-0001.jpg

(stealfistmarket IG)

When life hands you lemons...
FWD.

Imagine the new asshole 80's TV Interview Morrissey would tear 2023 Morrissey over the dumb shit he does. Ive seen the man 26 times since 1992, have flown to see him, but couldn't be bothered to take the train uptown to Washington Heights for the 40 Years of Morrissey debacle. The current band is white bread. Morrissey is aging rapidly (think Biden) and it's time to get off the stage.

It does make me happy tho that he is getting 100x more publicity for cancelling these than he would have gotten had they gone on. His plan was to play Los Angeles (Record Labels) to get industry attention... and he sure did get it. Not the kind he wanted.

You are projecting. Keep going.

Projecting what? Onto whom? Quarry is one of my favorite Morrissey albums. I do feel a little sad for the concert-goer who traveled thousands of miles to see Morrissey perform it, and now (poor thing) has to find something else to do in a city teeming with the rich and decadent history of classic American cinema. But exactly how sad do you want me to feel? How much empathy is expected here? And why doesn't it apply to far less fortunate creatures who are suffering much greater?

Projecting what? Onto whom? Quarry is one of my favorite Morrissey albums. I do feel a little sad for the concert-goer who traveled thousands of miles to see Morrissey perform it, and now (poor thing) has to find something else to do in a city teeming with the rich and decadent history of classic American cinema. But exactly how sad do you want me to feel? How much empathy is expected here? And why doesn't it apply to far less fortunate creatures who are suffering much greater?
Don’t you feel sad or at least concerned that one of your (our) biggest musical heroes is destroying his career? I don’t think the “hehe, it’s all par for the course, we all know how crazy our Moz is”-routine is helping neither him or us.

I don't want to get into debating eating meat (I enjoy it and it is healthy) but if you feel sorry for the dead animals in the grocery store, you have to feel sorry for the deer in the woods being eaten alive by a bobcat. It is only fair! If Morrissey fans were only vegan, he would have a tiny fanbase and he would only play nightclubs.

Don’t you feel sad or at least concerned that one of your (our) biggest musical heroes is destroying his career? I don’t think the “hehe, it’s all par for the course, we all know how crazy our Moz is”-routine is helping neither him or us.
Why would he 'destroy his career' by cancelling one or two more shows?
His place in music history is cemented with all the music he's made and the shows he's done.
He's got nothing left to prove or achieve.

Where was I chuckling about it? He's dysfunctional; that's just the way he was made and I don't think any of us can change that. I never saw him as a careerist in the first place, which made it all the more special that he managed a long run. Anyway, I don't know if his career is necessarily over after an (admittedly) bad year full of cancelled shows. Other musicians have gone away but still made music, quietly and independently. There are a variety of ways things can go for him, even if his days of massive sell-outs are over.

I think the online hate must have a massive effect on his mental health, surely. It's really extreme, not that he doesn't bring some of it on himself. He looked and sounded perfectly fine and sane in the Fox interview, but this behaviour is increasingly insane.
Who was it who said all those things about Waters and Farage? Who was it that decried the lack of English on the streets of London? Who was it who suggested victims of sexual assault knew what they were doing? All this and more. Was it someone else who said all those things? Who was it who cancelled multiple shows for bullshit reasons? Was it someone else?

Do you think people should face up to the consequence of their actions or not?

His one-time fan-base have voted with their wallets. And he has no one else to blame.

His policy - never explain, never apologise. And just looks where it's led him. To oblivion.

His place in music history is cemented with all the music he's made and the shows he's done.
Because for his fan base of people like me who has been showing up to gigs since 1992, it's just becoming too painful to watch. I'd rather watch live clips from the 90's on YouTube on my couch with a six pack than pay $400 for night out to watch his new band slaughter the material and watch him creek around the stage like a retiree.

And it doesn't have to be this way. I saw The Cult from side stage at the Harley Davisdson 120th Anniversary this year in Milwaukee, and I was BLOWN AWAY. Morrissey stopped trying around 2012 as near as I can tell.

I don't want to get into debating eating meat (I enjoy it and it is healthy) but if you feel sorry for the dead animals in the grocery store, you have to feel sorry for the deer in the woods being eaten alive by a bobcat. It is only fair! If Morrissey fans were only vegan, he would have a tiny fanbase and he would only play nightclubs.

You don't want to debate but you're making an argument? The bobcat eating the deer isn't my responsibility (or even its own; the bobcat is an obligate carnivore and can't do ethics). But I certainly feel sad for the deer. Empathy is why we creatures who can do ethics, can do otherwise when it comes to our diet. Our personal enjoyment of an act should not be its moral measure.

Because for his fan base of people like me who has been showing up to gigs since 1992, it's just becoming too painful to watch. I'd rather watch live clips from the 90's on YouTube on my couch with a six pack than pay $400 for night out to watch his new band slaughter the material and watch him creek around the stage like a retiree.
That's up to you and that's fine.

More than 100,000 people came to see him just last year and I was one of them and he was in fine form. Most people who attended the shows were thrilled if the reports on this site are anything to go by. But each to their own. Enjoy your six pack ;)

Yes, but legacies can get tarnished. And it seems that he is hell bent on doing the tarnishing himself.
Where was I chuckling about it? He's dysfunctional; that's just the way he was made and I don't think any of us can change that. I never saw him as a careerist in the first place, which made it all the more special that he managed a long run. Anyway, I don't know if his career is necessarily over after an (admittedly) bad year full of cancelled shows. Other musicians have gone away but still made music, quietly and independently. There are a variety of ways things can go for him, even if his days of massive sell-outs are over.
No, you weren’t literally chuckling, but some of you more, shall we say, lenient fans are taking all of this very lightly. I get the feeling that the people around him do the same and I think that’s bad. We’re witnessing what could very well be the very ugly and undignified end of a great artist.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom