'Clayhill' cover 'Please Please Please...' for the film 'This Is England'.

Jukebox Jury

Retired
I went to see the above film on Friday and very good it was too.
Great soundtrack of reggae, ska, Oi and punk and right at the end, 'Please Please Please....' is on.
A friend told me it was on and I assumed it was The Dream Academy but it wasn't! I checked the credits at the end and it was 'Clayhill'.
http://www.clayhillmusic.com/main/index.php
Wasn't a bad effort.

Jukebox Jury

i was fairly unimpressed with the cover version. i haven't heard it before, is it very new?

i was fairly unimpressed with the cover version. i haven't heard it before, is it very new?

The film is set in 1983, I don't know why the director decided to use a cover version rather than the original.

Strawberry Switchblade's "Since Yesterday" wasn't released until 1986 which was a goof. :p

This film is only in cinema's now? I tried finding out about it online and couldn't find anything. I asked in the local video shop tonight and they were completely unaware of the thing. Probably won't come to Ireland :(

i really wanted to see this when it was playing here but it was like $35.00

This film is only in cinema's now? I tried finding out about it online and couldn't find anything. I asked in the local video shop tonight and they were completely unaware of the thing. Probably won't come to Ireland :(

The film has been released in UK cinemas 27th April this year and got many good feedback from film festivals in 2006.

I don't know about Irish distribution deals, but it will be shown in Ireland sometime soon.

DVD release in UK will be later this year.

I saw the film and wasn't impressed with the cover then low and behold a few days later went into a charity shop (you can find some good CD's and DVD's in these places) and found a CD of 80's covers by today's artists and this was on. After listeneing to it more times I now love it. Not as much as the original, but it's a very good cover.

The film is set in 1983, I don't know why the director decided to use a cover version rather than the original.

Strawberry Switchblade's "Since Yesterday" wasn't released until 1986 which was a goof. :p

may be he couldn't get permission to use the original or he (the director) doesn't know the original?:confused:

This film will have appeal to the thug element and perhaps it's seemed wise for Morrissey to swerve the whole race issue, guilt by association and all that guff.

Back
Top Bottom