Do you agree with Morrissey's views on the British monarchy?

Do you agree with Morrissey's views on the British royal family?

• Total voters
'perhaps the cost is so insignificant' ? Not individually, but as whole? how much is that ?

What's more important ..... Is WHY give them any money in the first place ? who are they to deserve anything ? Why do they have this power in the first place ?

Not really bothered and judging by the lack of response to the subject, not many other people are bothered either. This is an interesting thought though, Morrissey's new album title suggests he is out of touch with the British populations feeling toward the Queen, however according to Aztec half wit, he now resides in the US and there is yet another story in the news about a US law officer shooting dead a black man, maybe he should be really controversial and call the new album ' Watch Out For The Racist Police' he touched on this subject with Ganglord.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ley-anthony-lamar-verdict-20170915-story.html

I don't need to agree with Morrissey's views or any other artists to enjoy their music. There are exceptions, your Gary Glitters and your racists f***s- but once out of the teenage years, you form your own views and learn to separate art from artist. I honestly would feel a little silly as an American to have strong feelings on the Monarchy. They seem quaint and outdated to me, and fulfill a need for pageantry, I guess, but I know Morrissey feels very strongly about them, and he's entitled to that, even if I don't see them as a "Nazi Regime" as he put it to a chorus of audience groans in Troutdale, Oregon.

God Shave the Queen. (I mean it, Man)

Steve's views on the Royal family are just a gimmick just as much as his animal gimmick.
The only thing he has achieved with these views is notoriety for constantly banging on about the same old shit year in year out drumming up support from tunnel vision bots who cannot think for themselves ! " Yeh right on Steve, shall I put my hand in the fire now ? "
What the 4ck has he done on the frontline for animals ?
What constructive effort has Steve actually made or put in place to oust the Royal family ?
The answer to both questions is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING apart from earn lots of money for his own personal Swiss bank account.
Personally speaking I think they're a great asset to us and it's not just American people that flock to London to witness the pomp and ceremony of it all either, people come from all over the world to visit. Why ? Because they love it and long may it continue, if I had my way I would replace the Royal yacht Brittania. One of the stupidest things Tony Blair's government ever did was getting shut and not replacing it. That ship and the Royal family was responsible for selling the best of British overseas, world leaders would queue up to be entertained and sign lucrative contracts with us.
And what does Steve do ? Oh yeh, syphon all his dough over to Switzerland :clap: as well as eating dairy products on the sly :tiphat:
Right on Steve :thumb:

#spent my load in bed all day (coming soon :eek:)

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

As gordyboy9 stated:

" theres old age pensioners freezing in their homes,scared to put the heating on as they cannot afford to do so and lizzie is getting £45 million pound this year in the form of the sovereign grant,politicians passed a bill last year which makes it impossible for the sovereign grant to go down so the queen is laughing all the way to the bank ".

It's just the bizarre contrast of a very privileged family never, ever to have to worrie about putting on the heating, living a life of luxury, and the royalists as they are in the majority in the UK don't give a shit apparently about those old age pensioners, to scared to put the heating on cause they can't afford it.

In the meantime a lot of those old age pensioners are harrased on a monthly base by cutting costs on welfare programs they totally rely on.

It's just the enormous contrast that makes it bizarre and I can't stand the completely " not bothered at all " attitude towards those people.

As gordyboy9 stated:

" theres old age pensioners freezing in their homes,scared to put the heating on as they cannot afford to do so and lizzie is getting £45 million pound this year in the form of the sovereign grant,politicians passed a bill last year which makes it impossible for the sovereign grant to go down so the queen is laughing all the way to the bank ".

It's just the bizarre contrast of a very privileged family never, ever to have to worrie about putting on the heating, living a life of luxury, and the royalists as they are in the majority in the UK don't give a shit apparently about those old age pensioners, to scared to put the heating on cause they can't afford it.

In the meantime a lot of those old age pensioners are harrased on a monthly base by cutting costs on welfare programs they totally rely on.

It's just the enormous contrast that makes it bizarre and I can't stand the completely " not bothered at all " attitude towards those people.

Out of interest, what does your country do for the elder population? In the Uk we have the National Health Service that looks after everyone for free irrelevant of wealth. Lots of people come on here and post views on the UK, lets discuss your countries for a change.

Steve's views on the Royal family are just a gimmick just as much as his animal gimmick.
The only thing he has achieved with these views is notoriety for constantly banging on about the same old shit year in year out drumming up support from tunnel vision bots who cannot think for themselves ! " Yeh right on Steve, shall I put my hand in the fire now ? "
What the 4ck has he done on the frontline for animals ?
What constructive effort has Steve actually made or put in place to oust the Royal family ?
The answer to both questions is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING apart from earn lots of money for his own personal Swiss bank account.
Personally speaking I think they're a great asset to us and it's not just American people that flock to London to witness the pomp and ceremony of it all either, people come from all over the world to visit. Why ? Because they love it and long may it continue, if I had my way I would replace the Royal yacht Brittania. One of the stupidest things Tony Blair's government ever did was getting shut and not replacing it. That ship and the Royal family was responsible for selling the best of British overseas, world leaders would queue up to be entertained and sign lucrative contracts with us.
And what does Steve do ? Oh yeh, syphon all his dough over to Switzerland :clap: as well as eating dairy products on the sly :tiphat:
Right on Steve :thumb:

#spent my load in bed all day (coming soon :eek:)

As much as this poster is a banal fool, he's bang on the money here. But like he says, the misguided, such as Rhodes, White, Kerr, Tait, they cannot form their own opinions.

Fair play, Benny. Great post.

people say they go to Buckingham palace to see the queen,why,shes very seldom there,she doesn't even own it so shes no more than a lodger.theres old age pensioners freezing in their homes,scared to put the heating on as they cannot afford to do so and lizzie is getting £45 million pound this year in the form of the sovereign grant,politicians passed a bill last year which makes it impossible for the sovereign grant to go down so the queen is laughing all the way to the bank.

So if we get rid of the Royal family all the old age pensioners will be able to turn up their heating and have a beach party Gordyboy ! Is that what you're saying ?
Do you think there are poor old aged people who can't afford to put their heating on in other countries or is it just here in the UK ?
In your own time and just answer the two questions posed no need for hesitation, deviation or repetitiveness, thanks :thumb:

Out of interest, what does your country do for the elder population? In the Uk we have the National Health Service that looks after everyone for free irrelevant of wealth. Lots of people come on here and post views on the UK, lets discuss your countries for a change.

But, Surface, my comment was not explicitly about the good and true intentions of the people of England.
And in a way my country has to deal with the same issues. As well as regarding it being a monarchy with a very, very, rich royal family getting enormous amounts of taxmoney and there are here old age pensioners as well who have it hard to survive. Not all of them of course. Although the king seems to be more aware and not that cold and at a distance. I know I can't expect the queen turning up at the islands devastated by the hurricane Irma, but Charles could have go there on her behalf.

I don't think I can really compare the systems.
We don't have a NHS and it is mandatory for people to have a healthcare insurance for which they have to pay monthly. Just as it is mandatory to have an id paper. If they cannot pay the insurance companies have to make an arrangement by law and make a deal with their clients about the amount they can pay on a monthly base. They are relatively understanding and will help you. But if they get the idea you are screwing it, you get on a black list.

The government and insurance companies wants to prevent uninsured people as that is a great costfactor and the hospitals don't want to shut people of from any healthcare as that is very bad for their reputation and image.
There are going huge amounts of money into the healthcare system and I noticed a lot of it was invested in upgrading hospitals, making them better in all aspects.

There are two major hospitals not far from where I live and they are absolutely better now then 5 til 10 years ago.
I also think the accessibility to healthcare is different here.
Here the system is based on doctors having their own patients and they are the first line.
They are regionally spread and if a patient has healthcare issues he has to go to his doctor first.
The doctor advises and can make an appointment for the hospital.

Last year the number of uninsured people turning up at the ER departments of hospitals has increased though.
Many people don't seem to know they have to find a doctor and be registered as a patient, or don't wanna pay their healthcare insurance but when they feel sick they go to the ER dept. of the hospital. They are not registered, they don't have an id and they are in panick. Causing the hospital a great deal of unnecessary work.

popularity proves it must be a good thing !

so Brexit must be a good thing too ? no?

according to Express ... 'EXPRESS POLL: 60 per cent still want to leave EU a year after referendum'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/821177/Brexit-Express-poll-EU-referendum-one-year-Article-50

I don't know much about the royals... but still no one has answered why they have any power? And why do people blindly believe in these people and give them their money ?

I would be much more worried about the powers they have than about the money they receive.

I would be much more worried about the powers they have than about the money they receive.

it takes money to keep them on that throne. So.. no money = no throne = no powers.

But the question of WHY is my concern. Why do people like Surface (because I'm sure he's not the only one,as he likes to point out) say ... well it's been like this forever so it must be right. It's a part of 'history' and a majority of people agree with it.. so, it must be right.

Why not question the monarchy and ask... why these people? who are these people? why are these people empowered and allowed to make decisions that affect the lives of the people in the U.K and beyond?

Not really bothered and judging by the lack of response to the subject, not many other people are bothered either. This is an interesting thought though, Morrissey's new album title suggests he is out of touch with the British populations feeling toward the Queen, however according to Aztec half wit, he now resides in the US and there is yet another story in the news about a US law officer shooting dead a black man, maybe he should be really controversial and call the new album ' Watch Out For The Racist Police' he touched on this subject with Ganglord.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ley-anthony-lamar-verdict-20170915-story.html
Funny how everyone's chances of being shot dead by police diminishes exponentially if they're not involved in any kind of criminal dealings. Funny how the guy in "yet another story in the news about a US law officer shooting dead a black man" wasn't exactly an innocent bystander that got shot while trying to walk his elderly neighbour to church.

Just for everyones interest in the last MORI poll, when people were asked, should we continue with a King or Queen or move to an elected president, 86% of respondents wanted to keep a King or Queen.

Their popularity is also growing according to the same poll.

I don't know if what I'm going to say it's correct but, I think the patriotism of british people it's embodied in the figure of the monarchy, isn´t their national anthem God Save the Queen?
I can't think of any other logical explanation by wich they would let a family treat a whole nation as familiar patrimony.

'The album Yes Sir, I Will was our first 'tactical response', it was an impassioned scream directed towards the wielders of power and those who passively accept them as an authority. The message in the record was loud and clear, 'There is no authority but yourself'.'

Not sure what you are looking for here? Personally I don't care wether they are here or not. Maybe others like them because in our lifetime, they have always been there and have a long history. The money we give them is nothing in the scheme of things (65 pence were tax payer per annum)

Would you mind answering why apparently Americans are obsessed with the Royal Family?

http://nypost.com/2015/09/08/why-americans-are-so-fond-of-the-queen/

https://www.dailydot.com/via/why-still-obsessed-british-royals/

Americans have this habit of considering themselves "Italian" or "Irish" when their roots to Italy or Ireland are based only on some long forgotten ancestor. Why that is would be a much longer discussion, but lots of Americans do feel some connection to England.

Your sources are not really trustworthy, though. "We love the Windsors for the same reason we love the Kardashians. " That's from the Daily Dot. Well, as far as I know most people are either neutral or hate the Kardashians. And the New York Post is barely news, more like a tabloid along the lines of the Daily Mail. But a quote from that story is pretty accurate I think. “The queen just seems exotic and foreign to us — from another time.”
It's nostalgia. It's a fantasy. The British royal family seems like an anachronism, like something that shouldn't exist in today's world but they do. And they're very careful not to comment on things, not to make enemies by talking about their views. They seem pleasant and most of the time we see them they are doing something for charity or presiding over some celebration. I watched William and Kate's wedding because it was a spectacle and a symbol.
So most people in my opinion don't really care one way or another about the Queen but those that have an opinion tend to like her.

well, i, for one, dont think them pleasant at all. sure, they look genteel and lovely (if you'll excuse the fact of them all being butt ugly), but i dont generally consider people who greedily avail themselves of the hard earned money of others in order to maintain a lifestyle that they havent earned to be particularly pleasant. if they're so good and kind and love the people so much, why do they insist on perpetuating this false idea (which surely they know is false) that they're above the people? for me, i just find it irksome that in this day and age, where we have the ability to look through history and see objectively that these people have no business being in the position that they are in--quite the opposite in fact-- they are nonetheless allowed to continue in the position that they are in, and continue they will so long as they can get away with it. they are essentially, getting away with it. that's the kind of people they are, people who operate on a basis of getting away with things. their behaviour is appalling and i find it, frankly, baffling that some people exist who dont agree. yes, i think it would be very satisfying to see them axed, however that word is meant to be taken.

i dont have to pay for them, i guess. seems they are/were not funded with eu-money.

There is no such thing as EU money. There is money from the taxpayers of some EU member states which is then redistributed by the EU. In the case of the UK we get back some of the money we actually contribute but where is it to be spent is designated by the EU. As net contributors we do not find ourselves subsidised by other EU nations. It is like me taking the equivalent of £200 from you on payday then after a few months giving you £100 of your own money back and telling you you could only spend it on artichokes or trombones. But multiplied in billions.

I'm always amused by those from overseas criticising the democratic choices of other nations, be that ours or the decision to elect Trump or Macron or Merkel. As I mentioned the other day, constitutional monarchy is an odd method of government, but no stranger than the US system where two multimillionaires battle it out for the crown, and be in no doubt that is what it really is. Be in no doubt also that Putin is a Tsar in all but name. Xi too is an emperor. The old imperial families of China would coo with admiration at the power that man wields. Be in no doubt that the idea someone could come out of nowhere and win the French presidency without a party is also utterly bizarre. That he might be married to Iggy Pop just puts the icing on the cake. The point I am making is only the nomenclature changes. The only difference is that contrary to some opinion Queen Elizabeth holds by far the least power of any I have just named.

I care not a jot that Merkel is likely to win her fourth term by the end of this month or that for the third time in a century the French are prepared to bend over and take it up the wrong 'un from their German masters. As long as we and others aren't expected to pick to the pieces again they should knock themselves out.

Why others should care for the apparent state of British democracy when their concerns might be better addressed closer to home is rather surprising. Anyone reading the transcript of Jean-Claude Juncker's State of the Union address should feel a slight pang of concern for EU citizens in coming years. A horror story is slowly unfolding over there. One we have seen before. That's their choice. We've made ours.

There is no such thing as EU money. There is money from the taxpayers of some EU member states which is then redistributed by the EU. In the case of the UK we get back some of the money we actually contribute but where is it to be spent is designated by the EU. As net contributors we do not find ourselves subsidised by other EU nations. It is like me taking the equivalent of £200 from you on payday then after a few months giving you £100 of your own money back and telling you you could only spend it on artichokes or trombones. But multiplied in billions.

I'm always amused by those from overseas criticising the democratic choices of other nations, be that ours or the decision to elect Trump or Macron or Merkel. As I mentioned the other day, constitutional monarchy is an odd method of government, but no stranger than the US system where two multimillionaires battle it out for the crown, and be in no doubt that is what it really is. Be in no doubt also that Putin is a Tsar in all but name. Xi too is an emperor. The old imperial families of China would coo with admiration at the power that man wields. Be in no doubt that the idea someone could come out of nowhere and win the French presidency without a party is also utterly bizarre. That he might be married to Iggy Pop just puts the icing on the cake. The point I am making is only the nomenclature changes. The only difference is that contrary to some opinion Queen Elizabeth holds by far the least power of any I have just named.

I care not a jot that Merkel is likely to win her fourth term by the end of this month or that for the third time in a century the French are prepared to bend over and take it up the wrong 'un from their German masters. As long as we and others aren't expected to pick to the pieces again they should knock themselves out.

Why others should care for the apparent state of British democracy when their concerns might be better addressed closer to home is rather surprising. Anyone reading the transcript of Jean-Claude Juncker's State of the Union address should feel a slight pang of concern for EU citizens in coming years. A horror story is slowly unfolding over there. One we have seen before. That's their choice. We've made ours.

If UK were not a country that enriched itself and its monarchy using colonization, piracy, invasions and financing terrorism in other countries I would agree with you that others shouldn't care about the state of British democracy. But that is not the case. The fact that a cast of expoilers have the possibility of exercising all those powers converts British people who support them or shut their mouth in their silent partners in all the crimes that are being commited around the world. Morrissey knows it, he knows where the real power of his country comes from and it is not coming from democracy. He is not neither stupid nor ignorant. Next time you intend to shut up other people sayings about your country inner matters think twice about your role in supporting all those crimes around the world and show some respect for the victims of your owners, because those are your victims too if you don't mark the line.

Last edited:
Being Swedish, I'd much rather have an elected president represent my country than someone who is born into that position. The concept is obnoxious and outdated. Tired of the moose hunting, doddering old fool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom