do you think Morrissey supports Christianity?

choose 1 please

• yes Morrissey is still positive about Chrisitianity

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • no he is not positive about Christianity, neutral '@ best'

Votes: 40 65.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is confusing about this image?
To me it's obviously criticism towards catholic religion. If the Vatican chiefs saw this they wouldn't approve it.

yes of course it is - I mean look at this picture - a sexy stripping priest - the pope would have a stroke...
mnibnrMorrissey%20Universal%20Amphitheatre%20Nov%2011%202004%2018.jpg

Oh lil, THIS picture again and so huge. Aaaahhhhh! I wanna die! It makes me weak everytime I see it. And this is.... yes..... well.... every day. :D

Can you explain that to me, please?

What the hell has THIS time to do with that court course lilikoi was talking about?

And please tell me what THIS has to do with Germany and a stupid judge who is quite obviously insane? Does your country only have very intelligent judges? The better for you.

And please explain me what things would be different when Hitler would have lived in UK or US or anywhere else?

I think you missed the point. Robby and I were praising the German legal system. Robby may have had something more in mind with his Nazi picture, but I added the rest of the story in my post to make it clear that the German judge's decision was a widely denounced anomaly. The story is interesting in that regard because the secular legal system has checks in place. They aren't perfect, and sometimes they can fail the cause of justice (in Germany and in other Western nations), but they exist. There are no checks in place in theocracies.

Or, for that matter, in 'democratic' nations in which an unhinged executive branch illegally purges the federal courts of judges who will not follow the party line. But that's another topic.

The story is interesting in that regard because the secular legal system has checks in place. They aren't perfect, and sometimes they can fail the cause of justice

Yes, that's true. But what do you mean exactly? Does this certain judge fit perfectly in the facism because she didn't judge according to the law of the country or did you mean she doesn't fit in the fascism because she didn't judge according to the law or did you mean she is a typical mistake like some judges in the fascism were because she wasn't objective and judged to a law from another religion?

I'm afraid I still missed the point. :confused:

Yes, that's true. But what do you mean exactly? Does this certain judge fit perfectly in the facism because she didn't judge according to the law of the country or did you mean she doesn't fit in the fascism because she didn't judge according to the law or did you mean she is a typical mistake like some judges in the fascism were because she wasn't objective and judged to a law from another religion?

I'm afraid I still missed the point. :confused:

In this case I am on the side of the beaten woman. Everyone here is, I'm sure. All cultures should be respected, and yes there are grey areas of judgment, but a line is crossed with physical violence. The judge made a ruling not many people would agree with, in Germany or elsewhere. The point is, there was a strong reaction against that judge. The system can be self-correcting. It isn't the simplest thing, because as the article states the woman will still have to wait out the year. But when the next case comes up the next judge might do the right thing. In a more general sense a case like this also wakes up people to what's going on. This is in contrast to theocracies in which there is no appeal, no redress, nothing.

So while the story is frightening in one sense, it's reassuring in another-- that in Western secular democracies there is at least the possibility of a correction. The system allows for some flexibility. There is no flexibility when the judge's authority rests solely on a holy book. I'm not really peachy keen on the legal system here in the U.S. after recent events, but generally speaking our court systems are the best of many flawed systems. Whether or not the U.S. or the rest of the West corrects all its problems remains to be seen, but the possibility is there. I think that's worth remembering in this unfortunate story.

And in any case Germany is not being criticized.

Last edited:
In this case I am on the side of the beaten woman.

Yes, so am I and I hope all the others here are that as well. I still cannot understand how a WOMAN can give such a judgment. I wonder how she managed her studies with so little intelligence.

Worm, I understand what you're saying about self-correcting and the consequences for forthcoming judges and that this case wakes up many people all over the world which is really important.

But I still cannot see the connection to the facism. You wrote, 'there is at least the possibility of a correction.', but I doubt if that would be possible in the fascism where the law and government were undisputed. Only now it is possible to change such a judge but not in the fascism.

So, do you mean because of the horrible time under Hitler we in Germany are more sensitised? We are not, by the way. If you kill a child the murderer here in Germany just get 10 or 15 years prision and probably can be free earlier but if you cheat the government out of taxes you get 20 years. I often think would we be in the US this murderer would get the death penalty or 50 years but we are too soft with killers.

In this case I am on the side of the beaten woman. Everyone here is, I'm sure.

excuse me - but is there even a debate about this? this is not about taking sides with anyone but about religion used to justify violence - which is simply illegal in western civilisation. the stoneage is over - in some parts of the world - hopefully....

Yes, so am I and I hope all the others here are that as well. I still cannot understand how a WOMAN can give such a judgment. I wonder how she managed her studies with so little intelligence.

Worm, I understand what you're saying about self-correcting and the consequences for forthcoming judges and that this case wakes up many people all over the world which is really important.

But I still cannot see the connection to the facism. You wrote, 'there is at least the possibility of a correction.', but I doubt if that would be possible in the fascism where the law and government were undisputed. Only now it is possible to change such a judge but not in the fascism.

So, do you mean because of the horrible time under Hitler we in Germany are more sensitised? We are not, by the way. If you kill a child the murderer here in Germany just get 10 or 15 years prision and probably can be free earlier but if you cheat the government out of taxes you get 20 years. I often think would we be in the US this murderer would get the death penalty or 50 years but we are too soft with killers.

I didn't connect this case to fascism. I highlighted the positive difference between secular courts and theocratic ones.

I didn't make any connection between modern Germany and Hitler's regime. That was Robby.

by the way. If you kill a child the murderer here in Germany just get 10 or 15 years prision and probably can be free earlier but if you cheat the government out of taxes you get 20 years. I often think would we be in the US this murderer would get the death penalty or 50 years but we are too soft with killers.

1st of all
Germany does indeed sentence people for murder to less time
than in the USA
and NOT COINCIDENTALLY
German violent criminals are far less likely to kill after serving their time which is administered with an eye towards their rehabilation
WHILE
in the USA, we sentence people to LONGER & PUNITIVE driven jail sentences
and have many ex-cons that are neither rehabilitated or much less dangerous :eek:

2ndly
it should come as no surprise that governments sentence people to punitive jail sentences when the crime in question involves their almost always most important agenda;

squeezing as much $ from people that it can

3rdly
sometimes i wonder if i will ever understand how many
and the degree to much so many people seem to accept through implication
that is never ever proven and often cannot be!
see
this whole length of sentence / comparitve like comments about the USA & Germany
is based on some pretty staggering assumptions regarding crimes rates, motive for such crimes & sentencing

i mean does anyone in their right mind believe that people who committ serious violent felonies are likely to be considering 'likely length of sentence'
or do some kind of risk versus gain analysis
before they hurt someone? :rolleyes:
&
I didn't make any connection between modern Germany and Hitler's regime. That was Robby.
i'd like to clarify here that i was commenting on was that
what courts give they can also take away
that it is why i try to never leave my rights up to 'the law' :o

i'd like to clarify here that i was commenting on was that
what courts give they can also take away
that it is why i try to never leave my rights up to 'the law' :o

Fortunately that can't happen here in America because the court system is completely untouched by politics. *cough*

yes of course it is - I mean look at this picture - a sexy stripping priest - the pope would have a stroke...
mnibnrMorrissey%20Universal%20Amphitheatre%20Nov%2011%202004%2018.jpg

I just want to say that i found someone to worship......lilikoi you are just too good to us......this is a jawdropping, stunningly gorgeous picture and always gives me goosies on my goosies......i just love this look on him....*swoon*

(saved to harddrive and will become wallpaper on my laptop...yum yum :)

It is written that he had some religion in his life yet, basically, he just supports what HE feels himself.

I think w/ bringing Ms. Young touring is a sign of somewhat of a contradition but, a funny one at that. I read that she had a very strict religious upbringing yet, here she is touring and being someone completely opposite in what would be considered "traditional" in a religious regard.

Hey, if he believes in God & what he did for all of us, that'll make me love him even more. Moralities are cool in a person.

Back
Top Bottom