Don't you wish you could email Moz?

No, I don't wish that. I wish more that I could send a letter to him but I don't know the address and in fact, maybe I don't have the courage to.

an e-mail address to his agent is posted on the oye esteban DVD

Cool, but I suppose that information is very out-of-date now. he doesn't still have the same agent, does he?

I wrote to him once - sent it to the address on the booklet for "my early burglary years" - i think it was C/O his management company. Three months or so later....... I got a reply - typed in large font printed from a computer and signed by him in marker on the bottom. Complete with handwritten envolope with 5 Malcom X stamps and a funny sticker stuck on it of an aztec man with a quiff holding a parrot? It was during the lost 7 years - he was in LA and he wrote that he had "Hung up his quill - (haven't you noticed??)" and he finished the letter with "As you sign off you say "keep smiling" - Which baffled me because I had no idea I'd even started - Take care and ...thankyou." -

he didn't give any contact information in the letter and so that was that I didn't write again.

but it was a great moment when i opened it and i'll always have it.

So it's probably easier to contact him than you think.

I wish I could email him,phone him,fax him,write to him.......and lastly smother him with love....but knowing his dislike of people in general which would include me and his overall unwillingness to demonstrate garrish displays of affection I think it would be somewhat unreciprocated.:(

Yeah, somehow I don't think he really wants to be smothered with love. Not smothered. Dappled, sprinkled, perhaps. But not smothered.

I just want to email him cute lolcats as I find them. Nothing smothery. 'Cause, you know, if anyone in this world would have a weakness for lolcats, it would be Moz.

I wrote to him once - sent it to the address on the booklet for "my early burglary years" - i think it was C/O his management company. Three months or so later....... I got a reply - typed in large font printed from a computer and signed by him in marker on the bottom. Complete with handwritten envolope with 5 Malcom X stamps and a funny sticker stuck on it of an aztec man with a quiff holding a parrot? It was during the lost 7 years - he was in LA and he wrote that he had "Hung up his quill - (haven't you noticed??)" and he finished the letter with "As you sign off you say "keep smiling" - Which baffled me because I had no idea I'd even started - Take care and ...thankyou." -

he didn't give any contact information in the letter and so that was that I didn't write again.

but it was a great moment when i opened it and i'll always have it.

So it's probably easier to contact him than you think.

Smiler, that's amazing -- thank you so much for sharing. I'm sure you'll treasure that letter for life.

When Mozza writes that he'd "hung up his quill" did you take that to mean he considered himself retired/left the business? It certainly sounds like it. I knew he had a long gap in his career where he wasn't recording, but I thought it was more to do with not finding any offers he was getting to be worthwhile.

In the context he wrote it he definatley meant he had retired... - having said that, the letter is marked April 97 and only a few months later (as i recall) he announced a massive tour - someone with a better memory than me can probably confirm when exactly it was announced. - so he changed his mind pretty quick or maybe he was just messing about.

In the context he wrote it he definatley meant he had retired... - having said that, the letter is marked April 97 and only a few months later (as i recall) he announced a massive tour - someone with a better memory than me can probably confirm when exactly it was announced. - so he changed his mind pretty quick or maybe he was just messing about.

i think he was kidding. "Maladjusted" came out later that same year.

you should give us the priviledge of a scanned copy.:)

Back
Top Bottom