Favourite Music Videos?

Rupert said:
David Bowie, Ashes To Ashes

Ashes To Ashes was one of the earliest video's I remember.

Slegehammer - Peter Gabriel
That one with a walking man/dog thing, was it a Daft Punk song?

Morrissey - Seasick, Yet But Still Docked [Why did this NOT get released back then?!]

Tool - Sober

A-ha - Take On Me

The Cure - Lovesong (that's the one with them in the caves, yes?)

The Pogues - Fairytale of New York

:)

deathfornoreason said:
In light of "Stop Me If You Think..." being included in Pitchforks 100 greatest videos poll, I was wondering what other people's favourites are?

I'll start the ball rolling:

*Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy
*Radiohead - Just
*The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
*Pulp - This Is Hardcore
*Blur - The Universal
*Squarepusher - Come On My Selector

If you like the Aphex Twin and Squarepusher vids you should invest in the Warp records DVD. Brilliant stuff. And if you watch it at 4 in the morning with a couple of mates in an enhanced state of being you can really send them off on one!!

My fav vids apart from those two mentioned above? Hmmm I HATE MUSIC VIDEOS. I was brought up in the era of £500,000 videos in the 80s. Wild boys Duran Duran. Simon Le Bon nearly drowned making that video. If only he had! Ultravox in their garden or something, Queen Radioo Ga Ga more like a Nuremberg rally.....

Hurt Johnny Cash. I like that one, the video actually adds to the song. Radiohead Street Spirit was directed by Johnathan Glazer of Sexy beast fame!
Gorillaz videos are usually above the norm.
I do enjoy the videos on MTV Base ?!!?!!!!

And I like that one Satisfaction (?) with the women with the power tools. Oof. Much better than that one in the gym with the Stevie Winwood sample.

And Flowered Up Weekender. The full film.

I love the 'all i want is you' video by u2, in fact I loved this video ages back when I was little and still if I see it today I still feel strongly about it.
It features the dwarf who has fallen in love with the trapeeze lady in the circus and I think she is in love with him too but has an other half.
I think I have a crush on the dwarf in it too, he is quite hot.

Other videos I like are four tet, 'smile upon the face', it almost put's a positive spin on a sad subject and I think it suits the music and the song title perfectly.

And also, I think daft punk's video for 'digital love' is awesome too.

Back
Top Bottom