Films you just don't get.

Well, whatever blows your hair back, I suppose. It's an obsession of mine that almost rivals that of The Smiths/Morrissey, including visits to the filming locations in the Lake District. I simply love the film.

24wzzv7.jpg

qqr1ok.jpg

I love Donnie Darko. First time I watched it was on a psychiatric ward...others I watched it with didn't get it. I don't see what they don't get :confused:

Burn it to the ground

A Bout de Souffle (or Breathless)

People say it's wonderful / great Godard movie / could watch it over and over again, but when I watched it some time ago - it sucked beyond belief. But because I know it's widely appreciated and considered as an important piece of film history, there must be something wrong with my understanding. I didn't connect with it on any level. La Nouvelle Vague is certainly not my cup of tea...

David Lynch's Inland Empire. A great disappointment because I really like his other films. But this was a complete waste of time. What were the bunny rabbits about?

David Lynch's Inland Empire. A great disappointment because I really like his other films. But this was a complete waste of time. What were the bunny rabbits about?

i would suggest you watch it again. maybe three or four times. in differing mindsets. also, check out his earlier series, rabbits http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0347840/. this might give you some idea what those segments were all about. probably not though.

Went to see 'Sleep furiously' -= actually i was dragged and agreed as i dont mind old cornerhouse style cinemas - although getting reviews that called it sublime I wanted to tear my eyes out after around half an hour.

when my hawk is down it looks like one. Jealous? :p

Pics or it didn't happen.

Really? I've wanted to see that for ages, however I had no idea what type of movie it was. It was suggested to me a year or so ago. So its not about a car breaking down, space travelling alien incestual transvestites who create a man, kill each other, then launch the castle into space after a floor show?

:)

Repo, the Genetic Opera, saw that the other day. Wonderfulness. Its more of a goth (and better) rocky.

Repo was great. I loved it!

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind - eh?

i love that movie, but the "why" to that is 180 degrees from where it was when i first saw it 5 years ago :eek:
back then i saw it as terribly romantic and was doubtless in my faith that their love would(like the truth) would win out in the end
smiley-hug.gif

as a further counterpoint to this, i distinctly remember my then spouse thinking i could not be more wrong & being resolute in her belief that their loved was doomed :(
its weird when a film forshadowes one's own life :straightface:
for just 6 months later all that i cherished would be betrayed :tears:
so much so i yearned til only recently to have all memory of her erased just as joel and clem did to each other...

Back
Top Bottom