Gagging on Lady Gaga

The media hype and marketing for this artist is disgusting. As far as the Illuminati puppets go, I'm sick of the same singers having their video shown repeatedly, winning all the awards time and time again, having all the TV coverage. Their song lyrics are worthless in my opinion.

Lady Gaga is manufactured and controlled, she is not original. She is Kylie but with out the $7 million videos.
She made $29 million last year but how much does the record company recoup?
maybe she sells alot of t.shirts to keep her rich. I'm not jealous, I just don't like the songs and the expense spent on her during every appearance but maybe the world needs a new Liberace.
http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/25/lady-gaga-music-business-entertainment-marketing.html

Are you saying that the record company is making all the money and that she is a tool? This is the life of a pop star. But if she hasn't gotten a better deal yet she soon will.

And you're right about t-shirts. A lot of pop stars make more money performing live and selling merchandise than they do on their records. Hopefully her coming record will be the last one she owes or maybe she will do a Jay-Z and buy the contract out, and drop the label.

I have not read his books, his theories seem steeped in fear though. My teaching has been to embrace your fear and redirect that energy into something positive.

Morrissey's MLB doppleganger used to play for the evil empire.

The evil empire traded Morrissey's doppleganger to the Detroit Tigers this year.

I was born in the year of the tiger.

Morrissey's on my team so I feel less alone in the world.

That sort of thing.

:straightface:

Or here's a good one. My employer was asking me if I watched The Biggest Loser. I said I did not because I was not interested in losing weight. She looked me in the eye and said "You disappoint me." In bird she was telling me that what I just said was the same point that Sid is trying to tell me, that he's not interested in me losing weight. So it's a way of thinking that I'm being told something comforting wrapped up in a shitty package. If you think that way, nothing can scare you. Nothing. Everything comforts. It's how I survive. I have fears. We recoil from fire so we don't get burned, but I have faith the God is on my side and is helping me. If I were to approach the mystical in an agnostic way, the world would be a f***ing freaky place. But God's got my back, he's not going to steer me into anything he knows I can't handle, I just gotta learn to listen to him and not a pre-subscribed set of fears that so many occultists and conspiracy theorists succomb to. I mostly think that occultists don't really know what they're doing, it's all for show. The real work goes on silently and unpublished.

I have not read his books, his theories seem steeped in fear though. My teaching has been to embrace your fear and redirect that energy into something positive.

you couldn't be more wrong about the whole 'steeped in fear' bit. he was one of the most joyous, positive people who ever lived. funny bastard too.

i think your 'reality tunnel', as it were, could be a much nicer place if you invited old bob in to look around.

you couldn't be more wrong about the whole 'steeped in fear' bit. he was one of the most joyous, positive people who ever lived. funny bastard too.

i think your 'reality tunnel', as it were, could be a much nicer place if you invited old bob in to look around.

Yeah, but the reverse acronym of his initials is WAR and I'm into figuring out the whole peace thing. :p

I'm kidding. I'll look at his stuff eventually. I'm sure he's delightfully entertaining. I'm just in this place at the moment where I don't read anything except nature so as to be careful it doesn't influence my work. I recall the things I used to study of Burckhardt, Wirth, Gettings, MP Hall, Starbird, and Haich. I watch television in tiny, controlled increments. My friend reads novels and relays the story to me in her voice. My goal is to get back to normal and read this stuff you guys suggest because I'm sure it's extremely informative, just now? I'm too busy being crazy. :p

My criticism of Robert Anton Wilson (without having even read him :rolleyes:) reminds me of this funny conversation I overheard at Easter dinner today at the family's house I frequently work for. Three of us were standing around the hummus/pita/cheese&cracker table discussing education. Actually, I was just stocking the crackers listening to these two women discussing education. One of them is named Mary, but the family all calls her Hen for some reason. Her son goes to public school. The other lady, who's name I don't rememeber but who lives in Culver City and who's daughter is named Valentina, sends her children to Catholic School. I was just listening and doing this: :popcorn: except with pita instead of popcorn. Hend was saying how her husband, (the son of my employer), who went to private school frequently has his friends over for dinner who he knew back in Catholic School. She described them as, for the most part, being very (grrrrrr, I can't think of the "ist" word for when a man thinks the world is a man's world and women were put here to cook and clean) and rude about women in general. She went on to say that she feels publicly taught school children have better manners, are more outgoing and less snobby. The other lady said with a huff. "Well my daughter goes to private school." but Hend wasn't listening. She continued her rant. "And the girls do all that they can to make their uniforms look like prostitutes, it's appalling." Finally the other lady says WHILE LOOKING AT ME (I'm just stocking the f***ing crackers :straightface: gimme a break.) "Well, I wish you wouldn't say that about our choice for educating our daughter." and stormed off. Hend didn;t even notice she left, she just turned to me and kept singing the praises of public school, then turned to my mom who with poor hearing who wasn't even listening to the conversation to begin with randomly said "At least public school is free. Amie went to public school." THen I said that I did and turned out okay and it was all super awkward but anyway, if anyone is huffy that I poopooed Bob Wilson, sorry. :p

M.I.A. talks about the industry right now and Lady Gaga

Do you think those programmes and the internet have destroyed the mythology around popstars?

I don’t know. Again, there’s Lady Gaga - people say we’re similar, that we both mix all these things in the pot and spit them out differently, but she spits it out exactly the same! None of her music’s reflective of how weird she wants to be or thinks she is. She models herself on Grace Jones and Madonna, but the music sounds like 20-year-old Ibiza music, you know? She’s not progressive, but she’s a good mimic. She sounds more like me than I f***ing do! That’s a talent and she’s got a great team behind her, but she’s the industry last’s stab at making itself important - saying, ‘You need our money behind you, the endorsements, the stadiums’ Respect to her, she’s keeping a hundred thousand people in work, but my belief is: Do It Yourself.

mujwox.png

Do you think those programmes and the internet have destroyed the mythology around popstars?

I don’t know. Again, there’s Lady Gaga - people say we’re similar, that we both mix all these things in the pot and spit them out differently, but she spits it out exactly the same! None of her music’s reflective of how weird she wants to be or thinks she is. She models herself on Grace Jones and Madonna, but the music sounds like 20-year-old Ibiza music, you know? She’s not progressive, but she’s a good mimic. She sounds more like me than I f***ing do! That’s a talent and she’s got a great team behind her, but she’s the industry last’s stab at making itself important - saying, ‘You need our money behind you, the endorsements, the stadiums’ Respect to her, she’s keeping a hundred thousand people in work, but my belief is: Do It Yourself.

M.I.A. is in a different league. I can't believe they were even compared.

mujwox.png

Well put.

mujwox.png
These two aren't even alike. M.I.A.'s aesthetic is reinvent rubbish as well. M.I.A. is a one hit wonder anyways.

Back
Top Bottom