great Morrissey or Smiths songs to exercise to

Which song would you most likely to exercise to?

• You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Hairdresser On Fire

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Stretch Out & Wait

• You're The One For Me, Fatty

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

• NOT This Charming Man, anymore, though I use to love that song, now not so much

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't exercise, like ever

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • really any Moz or Smiths song will do, I love him so

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GFMbJxVJ.jpg

currently on my bike ride playlist:

Last edited by a moderator:
Smiths songs: Still Ill, I Want The One I Can't Have (preferably live to give them the extra kick)
Morrissey solo: Good Looking Man About Town, Something Is Squeezing My Skull, Hairdresser On Fire, Do Your Best and Don't Worry (Actually, the list could go on and on; there are a lot of his solo songs that would be good to exercise to.)

I'd put my vote towards 'Rusholme Ruffians' for the smiths.
For Moz solo I did used to work out to "Sister I'm a poet" since I work nights at a jail. What better song to work out to at work than that?

so obviously I was a little mad about the whole shirt thing when I made this thread :o
but believe it or not, "This Charming Man" is a great song to run or double time to :eek:
I know this because when I was in the army, many years ago now, when it was my turn to call cadence, I would often employ that song :guitar:
I still have fond memories of calling out
"punctured bicycle on a hillside desolate"
and then the rest of my (pt) troop booming out"
"will nature make a man of me yet!" :D

I don't think most of the boys knew that song before I started calling cadence with it :confused:
(there were not a lot of other Smiths fans in the army, at least back in the early 90s) :o
but they definetly learned it quick :p

I have to say... none of them...

There are only three genre's that can motivate me in a gym or on a bike. Hip hop and rap, hard rock and jam based music depending on the intensity of what I am doing.

Back
Top Bottom