Hawick, Scotland - Hawick Town Hall (June 21, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List: (may not be in correct order)

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Alma Matters / Speedway / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / People Are The Same Everywhere / Satellite Of Love / Action Is My Middle Name / I Know It's Over / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat is Murder / Irish Blood, English Heart // This Charming Man

set list provided by Because

Last edited:
Great gig except for Speedway which was just wrong (too slowwwww).
Never saw Morrissey live for years, is this how it's normally played live?

Totally nitpicking though, overall excellent night!

Great gig except for Speedway which was just wrong (too slowwwww).

I thought the softer verse with the gigantic, storming chorus made it a highlight of the evening! Each to their own of course, but I think I'm right in saying he actually played it slightly faster than the original as well

Re: Article: Hawick, Scotland - Hawick Town Hall (June 21, 2011) post-sh

Great gig, thought the arrangement for "There is a light" was rubbish, likewise dont really see much merit in his cover of "Satellite of Love", otherwise fantastic

What can i say.... Morrissey was amazing and on top form. Travelled over to Hawick from Newcastle and was well worth the trip. Morrissey seemed very relaxed and even found time to have a dig at The Chinese and also Andy Murray for not winning anything !! Sat with tears in my eyes during 'I know it's Over' which is one of my favourite Smiths songs ever. Had an absolutely brilliant night, a night
I will remember for the rest of my life. The only let down for me had to be the security at the gig. Everyone had to be frisked on the way in. Had my camera taken off me which annoyed me. It seemed a bit pointless to do this as everyone has a camera on their phone so what difference did it make ??!! I am not a great lover of people watching gigs through the lens of a camera, but did want a couple of pictures of the gig. We also had un-reserved seated tickets upstairs and was disappointed to find out that no drinks were allowed upstairs....!! All in all .. a fab gig. Have seen Morrissey 3 times before and this had to be the best one. Anyone yet to see him... you're in for a treat x

Hey troll. WTF were you doing yesterday? Massaging your mom's corns with spunk oil? Get a f***ing life.

That's exactly what I'd say to someone who'd play songs about signs before his gig if I were a sign-seeing gal.
However, sadly, in some people's minds, there may be double standards for trolls...Right?

Really any type of troll sucks (and isn't it time BB found out...)

thx scotland gig go'ers for the posts and comment:thumb:

especially the few clips were great, hope his physical
condition will long during the tour

Me thinks a solid goog gig at Glastonbury could give
Morrissey a chance to pick a label, as the managers see
The Mozzer is still in good shape, and indeed his voice is getting way better
over the years

is there BBC footage live from Glastonbury? or another Brittish TV hosting channel

Yes - Morrissey's set from Glastonbury will be LIVE on BBC 4 at 9pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012543z

I thought the great man's voice sounded superb last night - confident, strong and he looked in fine fettle. Was a truely superb performance. I have seen him in an equally small venue but was rather, well never mind, so it was an experience to see him when straight headed at such close quarters. Rather surreal. I do think overall the sound in the venue was boxy and the mixing was erratic. At times the band were swamped by the level of the vocals. During some of the Smiths numbers their limitations were very apparent - Boz excepted. I'm interested to hear if anyone else has thoughts on this?

I Want the One I Can't Have- 9. Great start goose bump moments.
First of the Gang To Die- 6.5. Lacked something.
You Have Killed Me - 8. Excellent.
Shoplifters Of The World Unite - 8. Ditto.
Everyday Is Like Sunday - 4. Rather embaressing to be honest - the butchers are back.
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - 4. Far too slow and sounded incredibly thin.
Alma Matters - 8. Good to hear this pleased he played it.
Speedway - 9. Thunderous. Liked the lull in the middle section.
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell - 7. No problems.
Action Is My Middle Name - 7. This is a very good song.
Satellite of Love - 7. A brave move.
People Are the Same Everywhere - 7. Moz's lyrics still beat most of the opposition hands down.
I Know It's Over - 5. The bands limitations were really apparent during this one - lacked the necessary lightness of touch.
Paris - 7.
Ouija Board - 8. A welcome if odd choice. His middle name isn't 'action' it's 'eccentric'.
Meat is "Shit" - 9.5. Very powerful highlight of the set. The cacophonous finale has got me thinking what he could do musically if he experimented a little.
Irish Blood English Heart - 6.5. OK.
This Charming Man - 4. Wish he wouldn't persist with this rawk version - would much prefer to hear the stomp of 'Platboys'.

Speach i remember (though some has been mentioned already)

Opening - "We meet in Hawick"

"You know, I wouldn't mind all the media attention around Andy Murray...if he ever actually won anything" - met with loud laughs then sort of edgy "oooh"'s.

"This is a new song and it applies to everyone except the Chinese" (PATSE :lbf:)

"This song is called Meat Is Shit!"

Before Charman - "This is our last squirt *something*. Thank you" Said in broad Scots accent.

"Goodbye" - just a nice, short, simple way to end.

Great to see so many visitors at the gig,hope you all had a good time and were treated well in Hawick.

The gig was fantastic and the town hall has proved yet again what an excellent wee venue it is,hopefully more artists of the calibre of the great man will come to our wee toon.

I've never really listened much to Morrissey before and never seen him live before last night. He's somebody I always knew I 'should' be in to, but never managed it. I'm not sure why, but I sort of expected him to just 'go through the motions' live. He did nothing of the sort; he put on a fantastic performance and I have to admit that I'm a convert. Amazing night.

Very odd to be going through labeling comments as troll and hiding them. It's a bit of a lame attempt to make this site a bit more respectful of its subject I suppose? Much too little, much too late if you ask me... plus all it does is direct attention to the troll comments. Much more eye catching to hit the "show" buttons and see what trollish comments were deemed unworthy to be seen by the public.

I wish Moz would play small venues when (if) he tours the states, but his fanbase here is insane (literally), particularly here in California. But I would travel to another state if he played an intimate venue similar to these recent European dates. :pray:

went to hawick last night, brilliant gig, mozz looked great and his vocals were perfect, quality set list, really enjoyed it, goodnight and thankyou

That's exactly what I'd say to someone who'd play songs about signs before his gig if I were a sign-seeing gal.
However, sadly, in some people's minds, there may be double standards for trolls...Right?

Really any type of troll sucks (and isn't it time BB found out...)

Are you suggesting I'm a troll? I'd take this conversation elsewhere so as the people reading reviews of the gig don't have to bother with it, but you seem to be shrouded in the mystery of "anonymous".

This was an amazing gig. Crowd were great, Band was great and most importantly Morrissey was on top form. Well worth the trip up from Manchester!!! Next stop York :D

Superb Gig , great crowd in an intimate venue .In my top 3 Solo gigs missus said it was the best . Hope the girls from Preston got home safely , if you can get to this tour Moz is sounding great .

Who's the bloke with the shaved head and the swallows on his neck? I am asking because I wanted to find him afterwards to apologise because I think that I elbowed him in the face kind of hard when they were throwing me out after I tried to get on the stage. I didn't mean to, but three goons were getting quite violent when trying to eject me. My mate would also like a phone number if possible ;)

No-one see that thing (non sure if it was a bloke or a woman) spark up a fag and then piss him/herself?? Near the front, to the right of the stage. Too much Tennants for him/her before the gig. It smelt like shit before it marinated itself in piss, dirty get.

Hawick gig was superb Moz in great mood spoke about Andy Murray getting alot of media coverage and how he never seems to win!!...which led into oh mother i can feel the soil falling over my head, he also said that people are the same everywhere except in China....
As for mechandise loads of different t-shirts 4 colours of England is mine and it owes me a living. Morrissey summer tour 2011 with tour dates on reverse moz with cat on his head a silk numbered poster, badge set and black Everyday is like Sunday mug to name but a few items only 1 guy serving but these things take time.

Highlight for me out of the 5 Scottish dates was Inverness, followed by Dunoon, Hawick ,Perth and Dunfermline joint first . If you want to see good video coverage of the Perth gig Therudegirl007 has quality video, worth a viewing.

Viva Morrissey x Enjoy the gigs

Back
Top Bottom