His book - how sad

I hope you are aware that the use of multiple exclamation marks are widely (if, admittedly, jocularly) regarded as a sure sign of mental illness? And have you ever considered the advantages of syntax and punctuation in counterbalancing that impression?

I wasnt really aware Ovist, that there is a ridiculoues idea that esessive eclimation marks can indicate madness!
But thank you 4 the "compliment"
Your all lucky on this forum, the last froum I was on I use 2 use EXCESSIVE CAPITALS aswell AND made some incredilbe spelling mistakes like you would not belive!!
So lets be thankfull Its not a full combination of the lot!!!!!!!
If its any consolation I dont just use "excessive explanation marks on public forums, I use them when i was write offfical letters 2!
People can use as many or as few as they want and should be taught as much in schools ect!

The teacher quite oftern thinks they know everything, which in reality means they havent a clue about anything!
Its the student who knows nothing, it is they who are actually the master!!! :)

In what world does this exclamation idea exist Ovist ? Never heard of it till now . MIDNITE is just a happy person, she means no harm. Go listen to 'Meat Is Murder', track # 5 .

Why is everyone STILL insisting in calling me she?
Ive never once said I was female!

What, do you need to approve wholeheartedly of someone's character in order to be a fan? That leaves you with not too much to choose from in the annals of rock. ;)

I don't. No.

I think you missed the sarcasm in my post. See the little tongue emoticon? It was a hint.

I wasnt really aware Ovist, that there is a ridiculoues idea that esessive eclimation marks can indicate madness!
Your all lucky on this forum, the last froum I was on I use 2 use EXCESSIVE CAPITALS aswell AND made some incredilbe spelling mistakes like you would not belive!!
If its any consolation I dont just use "excessive explanation marks on public forums, I use them when i was write offfical letters 2!
People can use as many or as few as they want and should be taught as much in schools ect!

The teacher quite oftern thinks they know everything, which in reality means they havent a clue about anything!

Why is everyone STILL insisting in calling me she?
Ive never once said I was female!

Dont feel bad. Everyone thought I was a gay dude when I first came on.

So Charlie and Playcat, do you both love the man? Worship him? What would say is the correct adjective to use?

Alright Peter

I would say I have love for him. When I was younger at an age when fandom is at its height I'd have probably been over the top.

He's still my favourite famous person though. I don't feel the need to chastise him or feel appalled if he says something I don't like or says something outrageous but then I don't feel that way with anyone else anyway.

With Morrissey it helps if you aren't judgmental.

So Charlie and Playcat, do you both love the man? Worship him? What would say is the correct adjective to use?

I love, adore and understand him. He can do no wrong in my eyes. I have always been and am still completely devoted to him. I can’t go a day without his voice haunting me. You can puke now.

I love, adore and understand him. He can do no wrong in my eyes. I have always been and am still completely devoted to him. I can’t go a day without his voice haunting me. You can puke now.

How very kind....xx

Alright Peter

I would say I have love for him. When I was younger at an age when fandom is at its height I'd have probably been over the top.

He's still my favourite famous person though. I don't feel the need to chastise him or feel appalled if he says something I don't like or says something outrageous but then I don't feel that way with anyone else anyway.

With Morrissey it helps if you aren't judgmental.

This is the most pitiful thing I have read on these forums. I am not kidding. In other words, in order to be a happy, successful fan, you must leave your critical thinking skills at the door.

The book sad?

No no no... the book was fantastic. I'm still amazed at how much he revealed, however I think that most of the details were out there already in the lyrics and the interviews.

I have to laugh when I read how people are so disappointed, Qvist said it best when he pointed out that most great artistic geniuses are not nice people. I happen to think Morrissey comes over brilliantly in the book, warts and all. Wouldn't you just love to go out for a beer with him and Chrissie Hynde, don't you think that would be a great laugh? Sad? I don't think so.

Morrissey is human, get over it.

What do you mean? How is Moz's offering any more different than other artists?

Either you're being deliberately belligerent or a little dense, Peter. Surely, Morrissey's distinctiveness can't have escaped you entirely.

The book sad?

No no no... the book was fantastic. I'm still amazed at how much he revealed, however I think that most of the details were out there already in the lyrics and the interviews.

I have to laugh when I read how people are so disappointed, Qvist said it best when he pointed out that most great artistic geniuses are not nice people. I happen to think Morrissey comes over brilliantly in the book, warts and all. Wouldn't you just love to go out for a beer with him and Chrissie Hynde, don't you think that would be a great laugh? Sad? I don't think so.

Morrissey is human, get over it.

Still missing my point. In the book Morrissey comes over as whining, paranoid and delusional. It's everyone else's fault - Britain, America, Tony Blair, all the judges, all the Smiths, his lawyers, my lawyers. Yes, that's what we expect from curmudgeonly, old Mozzer. What I didn't expect was for him to be a whinging bore. His moaning was dull. For Morrissey being a bore is surely the biggest insult. I should have expected it after his increasingly desperate attempts too shock - the Royal Family, the Olympics. But I didn't expect to be bored by the man. Yes, he's human, yes, he's quite dull. All in all very disappointing.

Still missing my point. In the book Morrissey comes over as whining, paranoid and delusional. It's everyone else's fault - Britain, America, Tony Blair, all the judges, all the Smiths, his lawyers, my lawyers. Yes, that's what we expect from curmudgeonly, old Mozzer. What I didn't expect was for him to be a whinging bore. His moaning was dull. For Morrissey being a bore is surely the biggest insult. I should have expected it after his increasingly desperate attempts too shock - the Royal Family, the Olympics. But I didn't expect to be bored by the man. Yes, he's human, yes, he's quite dull. All in all very disappointing.

We get your point. You didn’t like the book. What did you want to read about? Him thanking his ex-band mates and the judge for f***ing him over in court? How he went over and gave a big hug to Joyce’s lawyers? Or perhaps how he gave appreciation to the radio stations for not playing his music? Or how he praised the papers for the nasty hateful slanderous articles written about him his entire career? Or maybe the part where he kissed the royal families ass in spite of his beliefs to get a Knighthood? Why would you want him to sugar coat his memoirs?

We get your point. You didn’t like the book. What did you want to read about? Him thanking his ex-band mates and the judge for f***ing him over in court? How he went over and gave a big hug to Joyce’s lawyers? Or perhaps how he gave appreciation to the radio stations for not playing his music? Or how he praised the papers for the nasty hateful slanderous articles written about him his entire career? Or maybe the part where he kissed the royal families ass in spite of his beliefs to get a Knighthood? Why would you want him to sugar coat his memoirs?

Not really. Just not one long, tiresome whine. You must have got sick of the court stuff. I suppose it was funny in the end - blaming Joyce's lawyer, then Marr's, then Weeks, then his own lawyers and then going for an appeal and yet again choosing inept lawyers yet again - Morrissey...you have some blame there. I loved the School stuff but post Smiths it was whine after whine, often with little substance. As I said I have been following his music since seeing the Smiths in '84 and really wasn't expecting such a dull read. I'm just expressing disappointment. If that annoys you don't respond. As I said some 'heroes' don't disappoint you - Neil Young, for example. But Mozzer has disappointed me and I was expecting it.

No. It isn't.

Back
Top Bottom