His Masters Voice - LP

jetboyla

i just was in Camden Town, and purchased an 78 of "We Hate it when out friends become successful" live from Top of the Pops. I dont know much about this album, does anyone have any info?

Ehm -

i think you've got an old EMI 10" promotional record with We Hate It When our Freinds Become Successful - Studio Version - on both sides at two different speeds.

His Maters Voice is the name of the record label and Top of the pops is only written on the retro sleeve - it has nothing to do with the TV show.

Does it look like this?

thanks for the reply, yes that is the correct album. Besides being of great value for an american to find such a record in a UK Record store while on vacation, is this album rare, or worth any monetary value?

thats about what i paid for it...thanks for the info. It was a great find never-the-less, and fulfilled that part of my vacation. Thanks again.

Gosh, how lucky to find these things in record stores.

I'm in America and have to compete with others on ebay. I paid about $50 for it, which is about the average going rate on ebay for it.

This is a nice EMI series of promotional records: starting with Piccadilly Palare and ending with Certain Prople I Know, HMV issued promotional singels in retro sleeves, 7" for Piccadilly Palare, Our Frank, Sing Your Life, Pregnant For the Last Time and My Love Life and 10" for We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful and You're the One For Me, Fatty. Before that, they did release 12" promos in monochrome sleeves.

Last In line was a mock T-Rex cover sleeve for Certain People I Know. After that Moz switched labels within EMI to Parlophone. They did also issue nice promotional records, but only on CD (yes, there is the exception of The More You Ignore Me) and they were using recent photos for the sleeves.

All very nice items, some hard to find and totally overpriced when appearing on eBay!

I do agree that these items are overpriced on Ebay, but they are priceless items. Of course i would not be goudged and spend 100's for them.

I live in Los Angeles, and have gotten a lucky a couple times at local record stores. I recently found a 45 of an NME promo which had 4 songs by 4 different artists, and included The Smiths live version of "What She Said," priced at $3. That I think would sell for much more on Ebay. I would have paid $15 for it.

Five Seconds to Spare is a great site by the way, i am glad to have stumbled across it by way of the creator, i suppose. Thanks for all the usefull information.

I live in Los Angeles, and have gotten a lucky a couple times at local record stores. I recently found a 45 of an NME promo which had 4 songs by 4 different artists, and included The Smiths live version of "What She Said," priced at $3. That I think would sell for much more on Ebay. I would have paid $15 for it.

I have that. It really doesn't go for that much. $10 or so. It's cool to have. I got mine for about the same price as you in LA.

Our Frank, Sing Your Life, Pregnant For the Last Time and My Love Life Last In line was a mock T-Rex cover sleeve for Certain People I Know.

I need all of those. I also need the Jack The Ripper promo 7".

On a side note, I found a mint copy of Viva Hate first edition Japan import with the Hairdresser 7", Obi Strip and insert for $40. I was stoked.

Back
Top Bottom