'I Wish You Lonely' next single...? Update - Official Lyric video posted

UPDATE Oct. 25:

Posted by Famous when dead:

The lyric video had resurfaced:

Also posted as a single on Spotify:

...if there are indeed such things as 'singles' anymore?

about an hour ago í got sent an e-mail update from the MorrisseyVEVO account announcing that they had just uploaded a new video 'I Wish You Lonely (Official Lyric Video) '.

By the time í saw the e-mail and clicked the link, the upload had been removed.

Just in time for Xmas...? :p

Posted by Famous when dead:

Oh...and this too:

Last edited by a moderator:
Strangely enough Alan’s brother is called Gordon. Parents with a sense of humour.
Pilgrimupnorth
whats wrong with the name GORDON I will have you know iv had it my whole life.where do you think gordyboy comes from.

I’ve said it a hundred times, the band is so flat and boring. I wish Morrissey would work with some talented song writers/musicians. Or is it no one is willing to work with him?

Since the live performances, this is the song that has played over in my head the most. It has no obvious chorus but I do find it beautifully infectious. Of the songs heard so far I would have probably chosen this or Home as the next single myself so it is a pleasant surprise.

Romance gone wrong - I miss the live delivery but I'm sure I will get used to the change.

Home is ready for a late November release - those bells are just made for a melancholy crimbo hit.

I can't wait for the album, counting down the days. As a Morrissey fan this is a special time and who knows when or if it will come again?

R. Smith aside, I can't recall Morrissey singing a lyric that way. I don't mean the vocal melody, but the affectation (particularly on the 4th "heroin"). And that's with every yowl, yodel and croon he's done. Love the growl in the whaling outro. That's our kid.
I totally agree with you on the groan after Bergen....I love actually everything about this song.

What's he got against heroin, heroin, heroin?
I hear is as heroine. The feminin of hero

IE tomb full of fools, romance gone wrong......

Morrissey is in Seattle.

Alert Boeing, this won't end well. Me messing about with Volvo blueprints is one thing but big birds are on a whole different level.

The day he dies from thrombosis I will say "I told you so"....

Indeed he is.

Repeat post from another thread:
Spotted in Seattle:

(what's with the gap ^ ?).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I can't wait for the album, counting down the days. As a Morrissey fan this is a special time and who knows when or if it will come again?

Agreed. There's nothing like new album excitement. When I finally have the album, leaked version or otherwise, I'm going to really take the time to appreciate the moment. Because as you say who knows if it will come again.

i thought the heroin bit was about drugs and yet someone said its about soldiers.could it be a line about fallen pop stars,prince,george micheal,michael Jackson,tombs are full of fools.

Strong song, little bit of Last of the Famous stop and swagger to it, lovely evocation on 'Romance Gone Wrong' and finally finally trying something a little different musically than the BozRock-one-size-fits-all song we've been fed and sold for so long.

Good single, very enjoyable.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom