Iggy Pop Loves the Moz

CharlieFairhead

Loweringthetonesince1974
I try not to buy the NME these days but i did today to read Paul Morley's tribute to Tony Wilson. There's also a q&a type thingy with Iggy Pop who when asked about a musician he admires he answers Morrissey. I'll try scan it or post what he says later...just running late at the moment.
Anyway Morrissey should be proud, Iggy Pop is a cool as fook icon imho.
Cheers!

I try not to buy the NME these days but i did today to read Paul Morley's tribute to Tony Wilson. There's also a q&a type thingy with Iggy Pop who when asked about a musician he admires he answers Morrissey. I'll try scan it or post what he says later...just running late at the moment.
Anyway Morrissey should be proud, Iggy Pop is a cool as fook icon imho.
Cheers!

i read in an interview in some english musicpaper where they report that iggy ("who is a fan") attend the london palladium gig 86 johnny marr was totlally happy "but moz wouldnt leave his dressing room to say hello" which also happened months ago when mick jagger and anita pallenberg attend the new york gig
i do have a lookf or that paper

Of course he does

morrissey_and_iggy_pop_1.jpg

Would love to see a similar picture but with Morrissey's arm around Henry Rollins. I sort of like that they're at odds but at the same time I wouldn't mind Rollins giving Morrissey a forum to voice his opinions on TV.

yeah I saw that.

Also 2 page turns later there's an article about a new Manchester band called 'the courteeners' and the lead singer boasts about being 'Morrissey with some strings'

Anyway they look like a right bunch of losers

yeah I saw that.

Also 2 page turns later there's an article about a new Manchester band called 'the courteeners' and the lead singer boasts about being 'Morrissey with some strings'

Anyway they look like a right bunch of losers

Checked their myspace.

Tedious, bland shite. No suprises.

i read in an interview in some english musicpaper where they report that iggy ("who is a fan") attend the london palladium gig 86 johnny marr was totlally happy "but moz wouldnt leave his dressing room to say hello" which also happened months ago when mick jagger and anita pallenberg attend the new york gig
i do have a lookf or that paper

Of course he does

morrissey_and_iggy_pop_1.jpg

if you read my post closely i was talking about a gig in 86 ...

Would love to see a similar picture but with Morrissey's arm around Henry Rollins. I sort of like that they're at odds but at the same time I wouldn't mind Rollins giving Morrissey a forum to voice his opinions on TV.

i read a quote from mr rollins that he is not too fond of morrissey and he "should go out to play some frisbee"

i

there is a interesting tv show shown on a french german channel(arte) where 2 artists who didn t know each other before they meet there in this tv show and visit clubs,museums etc
he meet with shirin neshat an iranian artist(very interesting-esp the films she did!) henry rollins talked about that he rarely meets girls who he want to be his girlfriend and prefers being solo only one time once: meet a girl, fantasiesea about her for years and when they finally get together it wasnt like he has expected...and his other one -his true love got killed-he gets very personal there in front of the camera and is obviously very fond o shirin :saying at the end: something like "this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship" there is a dvd avaiable on this show but i dont know if this rollins/neshat thing is on it too..its called: durch die nacht mit /dans la coeur

the interview is in english with french/german subtitles so...

Last edited:
i read a quote from mr rollins that he is not too fond of morrissey and he "should go out to play some frisbee"

Frisbees are fun and he can bring his doggie:)

Iggy and Morrissey, two chaps who always get shirtless at their concerts:)

Back
Top Bottom