It’s not about politics

Nothing.

And it dented their cred before the sex scandal destroyed it.
yeah i'd agree with that. The Nobel prize is a heap of shit that I'm not sure anyone should put much credence in.

Hey plopstar, which part of Morrissey's art is it that you love? Is it the militant veganism? The homoerotic lyrics? The hatred for the monarchy? His depiction of the police as violent thugs enforcing the hegemony? And how is any of that compatible with Trumpism?

The ridiculous notion that real life decisions should be dictated by an affinity for a celebrity figure is something better left to sophomoric Cardi B fans.
It's not about voting for Trump. It's about voting against whatever that is masquerading as the Democratic Party.

Trump is not the enemy, the cult of Critical Race Theory is.

The ridiculous notion that real life decisions should be dictated by an affinity for a celebrity figure is something better left to sophomoric Cardi B fans.

Trump is not the enemy, the cult of Critical Race Theory is.

🙄

Bots are the enemy.

Bit disrespectful & wasteful to be plugging your own irrelevant views like this though.
I prefer to point out that Morrissey doesn't agree with you. And that aiming at his fanbase is not a great use of your time.
Hey plopstar, which part of Morrissey's art is it that you love? Is it the militant veganism? The homoerotic lyrics? The hatred for the monarchy? His depiction of the police as violent thugs enforcing the hegemony? And how is any of that compatible with Trumpism?
This juvenile gatekeeping is hilarious. The idea you two are espousing, that one has to be in full agreement with artists they listen to politically is laughably absurd, but also hypocritical. @Nerak is a communist, progressive and Labour member. Morrissey has displayed disdain for all three of these things. @Sister I'm a Poet is likely at least one of these things too. Additionally, Morrissey hasn't said anything positive or negative about Trump for nigh on 3 years now. However, he has said numerous positive things about people such as Douglas Murray, Anne Marie Waters, Styxhexenhammer and Nigel Farage, who are all big Trump fans. So cut the disingenuous "You can't be a Trump fan and a Morrissey fan" bs out.

This juvenile gatekeeping is hilarious. The idea you two are espousing, that one has to be in full agreement with artists they listen to politically is laughably absurd, but also hypocritical. @Nerak is a communist, progressive and Labour member. Morrissey has displayed disdain for all three of these things. @Sister I'm a Poet is likely at least one of these things too. Additionally, Morrissey hasn't said anything positive or negative about Trump for nigh on 3 years now. However, he has said numerous positive things about people such as Douglas Murray, Anne Marie Waters, Styxhexenhammer and Nigel Farage, who are all big Trump fans. So cut the disingenuous "You can't be a Trump fan and a Morrissey fan" bs out.

He hasn't said numerous things about those people & when he has mentioned them it's because he has old school left-leaning concerns about freedom from religion or policing or community. If he'd held fire till 2020 he'd have found progressives also openly sharing those concerns.

Obviously a Moz fan can have any opinions, I'm just fussing over his reputation right now because he's had enough flack thrown at him.

If I can speak for myself, I am a transexual anarchist Maoist critical race theoretician who believes in mandatory sex-reassignment surgery for all Americans at the age of 16. I receive weekly checks from George Soros to loot and riot, and I am also an active member of Hilary Clinton's child-sex slavery pizza business.

If I can speak for myself, I am a transexual anarchist Maoist critical race theoretician who believes in mandatory sex-reassignment surgery for all Americans at the age of 16. I receive weekly checks from George Soros to loot and riot, and I am also an active member of Hilary Clinton's child-sex slavery pizza business.

and ... Paul is dead.

He hasn't said numerous things about those people & when he has mentioned them it's because he has old school left-leaning concerns about freedom from religion or policing or community. If he'd held fire till 2020 he'd have found progressives also openly sharing those concerns.

Obviously a Moz fan can have any opinions, I'm just fussing over his reputation right now because he's had enough flack thrown at him.
He has mentioned these people numerous times, and literally is a member/supporter of one of these individuals' political party. Morrissey isn't just an "old school leftist", he's made it clear he's concerned with conserving British heritage, is nationalistic and has identified himself with an explicitly right wing party. Furthermore, none of these people are classical liberals either. They're either libertarian or conservative. And don't bet on him coming out in favour of any left wingers anytime soon.

If they can, then stop gatekeeping. You are not Morrissey, and you do not speak for Morrissey. If a communist with an IQ of 80 (you) can be a Morrissey fan despite disagreeing with him on political matters, then so can Trump supporters.

He has mentioned these people numerous times, and literally is a member/supporter of one of these individuals' political party. Morrissey isn't just an "old school leftist", he's made it clear he's concerned with conserving British heritage, is nationalistic and has identified himself with an explicitly right wing party. Furthermore, none of these people are classical liberals either. They're either libertarian or conservative. And don't bet on him coming out in favour of any left wingers anytime soon.

If they can, then stop gatekeeping. You are not Morrissey, and you do not speak for Morrissey. If a communist with an IQ of 80 (you) can be a Morrissey fan despite disagreeing with him on political matters, then so can Trump supporters.

He hasn't - you should spend less time on American politics & more time on your fandom.

All of his concerns are things talked about on the left & Anne Marie Waters was literally a member of the Labour party before she became a gibbering wreck.

Moz clarified he still doesn't vote.

Even though I am on the opposite side of you politically, "Anonymous", I agree with several things that you say. Yes, Morrissey is an explicit supporter of a Nationalist, anti-immigration, anti-Muslim party and supports people with similar views. And no, he is not an "old school leftist" by any stretch of the imagination. And, yes, you can be a fan of an artist and not agree with everything they espouse. I completely disagree with much of what Morrissey says and does of late, and I still am a big fan of his art.

That being said, Morrissey is a contradiction. While he supports the far right, he still appropriates images of James Balwin and Black Panthers and proclaims his love for left-wing thinkers like black lesbian poet Audrey Lorde. His worldview is not coherent in my mind, and he has become lost in the same rightwing YouTube rabbit hole that you clearly live in.

At this phase in history, when the earth is literally on fire because of global warming that 99% of scientists agree on, when a handful of people own as much wealth as half the world's population, when the democratic institutions of America are being dismantled before our eyes, when the President is an obvious con man who tells obvious lies 90% of the time, and who downplayed the worst pandemic in a century while hundreds of thousands of people died, who fans the flames of racial division on a daily basis, do you really think that dismantling the so-called scourge of Critical Race Theory is really what we should be focused on? I bet that you think that "Cultural Marxism" is also a real problem, too.

You call people low-IQ, but you get all your news from YouTube videos and support a reality-TV carnival barker as leader of the free world...

Even though I am on the opposite side of you politically, "Anonymous", I agree with several things that you say. Yes, Morrissey is an explicit supporter of a Nationalist, anti-immigration, anti-Muslim party and supports people with similar views. And no, he is not an "old school leftist" by any stretch of the imagination. And, yes, you can be a fan of an artist and not agree with everything they espouse. I completely disagree with much of what Morrissey says and does of late, and I still am a big fan of his art.

That being said, Morrissey is a contradiction. While he supports the far right, he still appropriates images of James Balwin and Black Panthers and proclaims his love for left-wing thinkers like black lesbian poet Audrey Lorde. His worldview is not coherent in my mind, and he has become lost in the same rightwing YouTube rabbit hole that you clearly live in.

At this phase in history, when the earth is literally on fire because of global warming that 99% of scientists agree on, when a handful of people own as much wealth as half the world's population, when the democratic institutions of America are being dismantled before our eyes, when the President is an obvious con man who tells obvious lies 90% of the time, and who downplayed the worst pandemic in a century while hundreds of thousands of people died, who fans the flames of racial division on a daily basis, do you really think that dismantling the so-called scourge of Critical Race Theory is really what we should be focused on? I bet that you think that "Cultural Marxism" is also a real problem, too.

You call people low-IQ, but you get all your news from YouTube videos and support a reality-TV carnival barker as leader of the free world...

He is an old school leftist - there isn't anything Morrissey's said that hasn't come out of one of the many factional disputes on the British left.

He is an old school leftist - there isn't anything Morrissey's said that hasn't come out of one of the many factional disputes on the British left.

Name me 10 people on the left who were incandescent with rage over the murders at Manchester arena and expressed it in public like M. I'll wait for a century..... for nothing.

Name me 10 people on the left who were incandescent with rage over the murders at Manchester arena and expressed it in public like M. I'll wait for a century..... for nothing.

Everyone condemned it.

And all Morrissey did was question the media language & say he'd be furious if his kid died** & was hurt not to be invited to the concert.

He doesn't like mushy sentiment - most people do like it.

**actually he did mention being angry - although Sam later said he wasn't... he mostly slagged off politicians & The Queen & blamed Theresa May's immigration policy - which was interpreted as all brown people but was more likely to be the mess over deportations that was in the news at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
In jest you can still put these handcuffs on yourself and head off to jail. :lock: You can also enjoy the mattress there, alone. ;)

proxy-image

I will gladly throw away all the keys for you, Houdini.

Everyone condemned it.

And all Morrissey did was question the media language & say he'd be furious if his kid died & was hurt not to be invited to the concert.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Of course, they condemned it but nobody pointed out who did it. Nobody said the M word. Nobody mentioned immigration or the fact they were the offspring of asylum seekers. He was condemned for being angry about it........liberals weren't angry.....they forgot about it the day after.

Everyone condemned it.

And all Morrissey did was question the media language & say he'd be furious if his kid died & was hurt not to be invited to the concert.

Condemning something isn't being angry about something. I don't remember any left-wing marches about Muslim terrorism.

Condemning something isn't being angry about something. I don't remember any left-wing marches about Muslim terrorism.

You don't condemn things you're happy about.

And we didn't need a march. It was being investigated & no one had any reason to believe the law wouldn't bring any accomplices to justice.

They had a vigil instead.

Back
Top Bottom