It Comes To Us All or Morrissey In School

Unrelated to Morrissey but my son had his some milk and a buscuit and when i told him it was time for bed he says Dad i dipped my nob in my milk so obviously i ask what do you mean? and it turns out him and his mates call hobnobs just nobs so i was stunned for a minute.

Alan

:lbf: Cute. Related to that, I once had a 11 y.o pupil who declared he "liked playing with his balls".:straightface:
Well when you're 11 and just beginning to learn a foreign language, that's a really complicated thing to say, so I just kept a :straightface:. Plus it was grammatically correct, so :thumb:

Musicwise this year, I've already had a request to study "Thriller" by the late and great Michael, from a 12 y.o, but I don't think any of them has ever heard of Morrissey :laughing: (sorry).

I try to inject a little show-biz in grammar to make it more interesting, like "Tony Parker was born in Belgium", but more often than not they start discussing the celebs in question and you lose control of the classroom in 2 minutes...:rolleyes: So imagine if they knew Morrissey, in about 2 seconds we'd have a lively debate of "freak!" "poof!" "I luv him!" "Isn't he the guy with a 3rd nipple?" etc...

Mmmm.:cool:

no one really cares.

nice try, troublemaker :lbf:

tbh I don't either, but it's Morrissey, see, if we stop having threads about him he might take his own life!
Now you don't want that kind of trouble, do you?

:rofl:

(Look, you're making him cry.:eek: DON'T CRY MORRISSEY! ok now cry/ ok now stop/ etc)

For years my daughter has had to put up with me and my Smiths obsession. She told me that at school today, her best friend was telling her how much she loves The Smiths (they're 15), so I said to her that it may take time, but it comes to us all. And then they went to R.E class, where the teacher demonstrated the Buddhist attitude to vegetarianism by playing Meat Is Murder and asking the class to analyse the lyrics. Fab.

Peter

That's fantastic! I wish my teachers were more like that...

This past spring in my psych class I decided to ask my teacher his opinion on Carnegie Hall (Because I was going to buy tickets for Morrissey and needed to determine which seats to get) and he asked "Oh you're going to a show there? Which one?"

And I said "oh well I'm going to see Morrissey in March...you might not have heard of him but--" and he replied "No way! I'm going to see Morrissey at Carnegie too! I love him and The Smiths!"

That day a great friendship was born. I wound up going to his office periodically to talk about Moz and The Smiths. He was a true fan having all of Morrissey's CDs in his office and a couple of postcards he got at gigs etc.

Likewise, great story. I wore my Moz t-shirt yesterday for non-uniform day at college hoping for at least one person (even a teacher) to comment positively on it, but to no avail. I felt so misunderstood... :rolleyes: :D

A sign of the end times! And not the good end times, either.

Hey! I like berets! :mad: :tears:

:p

Beret madness......

I had a teacher at school and in my lunchbreak I had purchased Sing Your Life on CD single. (this is a while ago) and having forgot my ruler improvised by using the CD case to draw a straight line. English. The teacher had a slight Mancunian accent.

Teacher: Ah Morrissey, is it? He used to live round the corner from me in Stretford. I used to see him in the shop. Before he became famous

Me: Really, wow. Are you a fan as well?

Teacher: No.

Back
Top Bottom