Italia! - Morrissey update on true-to-you.net

A tour is rather complex to organise - often the venue is not chosen by the artist. I find it interesting to see what shows felt great to the artist, he's just offering his perspective. You don't get that from most. If the audience in Rome or Milan thought it was fantastic, then Moz and the band were very professional. What's not to like?

He makes me feel a total idiot with his remark about he did'nt know how venues are like. Yes I knew it well that Atlantico in Rome was'nt good enough, but I bought the tickets anyway and it was a sold out gig, but he instead saying thank you for the massive partecipation simply disliked it. I could easly suppose he got a large garage at his home, so he could play there just in front his beloved Julia and for free.

I was thinking the same way. It's really poor form to criticize your fans. If you had a miserable experience at a venue, don't go out of your way to publicize it. I've never seen a performer rank his gigs like this. WTF?

This is actually an interesting discussion. I love tour diaries, many artists write their impressions about hotels, restaurants, venues... I don't see anything wrong with that. Now if you expect political correctness from Morrissey, that's quite frankly ludicrous. I don't agree with 90% of his opinions, but he is who he is, and basically speaks his mind. I find it quite refreshing, mistakes included. You can't sing along to 'used to be a sweet boy' and expect him to still be one. He clearly doesn't give a f*** about what mostly everyone thinks, and, objectively, that's probably what a true artist should do?

This is actually an interesting discussion. I love tour diaries, many artists write their impressions about hotels, restaurants, venues... I don't see anything wrong with that. Now if you expect political correctness from Morrissey, that's quite frankly ludicrous. I don't agree with 90% of his opinions, but he is who he is, and basically speaks his mind. I find it quite refreshing, mistakes included. You can't sing along to 'used to be a sweet boy' and expect him to still be one. He clearly doesn't give a f*** about what mostly everyone thinks, and, objectively, that's probably what a true artist should do?

Yes, if he wants to be loved after his death.

Damn straight....

Maybe he relates obesity to meat eaters. He's mentioned "unhealthy vegetarians," but I feel like his contempt for the obese has something to do with how he perceives people getting fat. Those who eat meat might appear to be gluttons in eyes. "Oh, you eat that junk from McDonald's and Kentucky Fried Shit, you're fat."

Maybe?

Well I'm fat and I don't give a shit what you or him or her or God or Shiva or Morrissey himself thinks of it. If I want to eat almonds and brioche for dinner, I do.

I wasn't fat when Peter Paul painted me the first time, I'm not fat now. Fat is a social construct designed to instill shame in the minds of people who are good. Yes there are morbidly obese gluttons stuffing their face with Big Macs who are "fat," but the teenager with some cellulite, the housewife developing a natural double chin, the boy becoming a man with his pecs and his love handles, these are not FAT. There's more SHAME in judging a person on their looks than in not fitting into the normative construction of "fat." It's bullshit.

Peter_Paul_Rubens_111.jpg

I wasn't fat when Peter Paul painted me the first time, I'm not fat now. Fat is a social construct designed to instill shame in the minds of people who are good. Yes there are morbidly obese gluttons stuffing their face with Big Macs who are "fat," but the teenager with some cellulite, the housewife developing a natural double chin, the boy becoming a man with his pecs and his love handles, these are not FAT. There's more SHAME in judging a person on their looks than in not fitting into the normative construction of "fat." It's bullshit.

Peter_Paul_Rubens_111.jpg

The woman in the painting is muscular, not fat. Check out where her buttocks meets her thigh. Women don't look like her in real life. They are either lean, thin, or fat without definition. A female cannot have that much muscular mass unless she takes anabolic steroids and pumps iron. That gal didn't have access to either of those things. That painting is an illusion. A fantasy. A depiction of the male gaze. The unattainable ideal.

Fat is not a social construct. It is a medical fact. Ask any pathologist who cuts into bodies during an autopsy. What they are cutting through is fat. Visible, tangible, adipose tissue.

The woman in the painting is muscular, not fat. Check out where her buttocks meets her thigh. Women don't look like her in real life. They are either lean, thin, or fat without definition. A female cannot have that much muscular mass unless she takes anabolic steroids and pumps iron. That gal didn't have access to either of those things. That painting is an illusion. A fantasy. A depiction of the male gaze. The unattainable ideal.

Fat is not a social construct. It is a medical fact. Ask any pathologist who cuts into bodies during an autopsy. What they are cutting through is fat. Visible, tangible, adipose tissue.

Ummm...my own mirror tells me otherwise. Haha!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom