Johnny Marr with The Pretenders @ Glastonbury - supergroup time

snapyou

Humdee,dumdee,homocide
Johnny Marr playing with Pretenders and Dave Grohl,as Macca watches on.

Back on the chain gang with Johnny Marr. LOL!

What with this and the Rick Astley/Blossoms set there seems to be a massive elephant in the room that no one is mentioning!

Johnny Marr with The Pretenders @ Glastonbury

Just watched on bbc iplayer and, oh dear.

dark glasses, whitened teeth and wants to be centre stage next to Christie possibly because the incumbent pretenders guitarist is technically superior to him (wow by the way, he’s great). What has he turned into?

Last edited:
Was going to watch this. Don’t think I’ll bother now.
Might do a crossword instead..

Man on stage at Glastonbury festival might like attention, shocker!.
Standing next to old friend, with whitened teeth of all thing, shame!.
Sunglasses!!? in the summer!!!!???

I thought johnny did a really good set with
the band .I dont know why people hate on johnny on here. The Smiths are a classic band and will contimue to get a new audience for a few more years yet. Its lucky for Moz as he picks up new fans from it
What is strange is that lots of ths zoomers have managed to remove Moz from the group. They act like Smiths moz has nothing to do with post Smiths Moz. I have never seen that happen to any other artist in quite the same way. Its sad

I know people will hate me for saying this, but as a Pretenders fan (and someone who saw the original band), Johnny really ruined it for me with his posing, posturing and attempts at attention stealing. I only watched Tatooed Love Boys on youtube, which I think is one of their best songs and really did not want to see any more.
Chrissie even had to tell him to move out of the way of being in front of Dave Grohl and it made him look like a complete idiot.

Last edited:
I know people will hate me for saying this, but as a Pretenders fan (and someone who saw the original band), Johnny really ruined it for me with his posing, posturing and attempts at attention stealing. I only watched Tatooed Love Boys on youtube, which I think is one of their best songs and really did not want to see any more.
Chrissie even had to tell him to move out of the way of being in front of Dave Grohl and it made him look like a complete idiot.

I disagree, I think Marr graciously made room for guitarist James Walbourne to shine and took his turns during the guitar breaks of Tattooed Love Boys. I think Chrissie had the idea on stage to showcase Dave Grohl solo on drums and was trying to communicate that to the guitarists. Did you watch the whole set? It was a good time, nothing to be upset over.

I thought johnny did a really good set with
the band .I dont know why people hate on johnny on here. The Smiths are a classic band and will contimue to get a new audience for a few more years yet. Its lucky for Moz as he picks up new fans from it
Cause of his negative comments about Morrissey, surely.

What is strange is that lots of ths zoomers have managed to remove Moz from the group. They act like Smiths moz has nothing to do with post Smiths Moz. I have never seen that happen to any other artist in quite the same way. Its sad
I mean, they like to think that, but it's obviously completely impossible!

I disagree, I think Marr graciously made room for guitarist James Walbourne to shine and took his turns during the guitar breaks of Tattooed Love Boys. I think Chrissie had the idea on stage to showcase Dave Grohl solo on drums and was trying to communicate that to the guitarists. Did you watch the whole set? It was a good time, nothing to be upset over.
I don't care what you think :)

Back
Top Bottom