Live Nation: Bangkok & Hong Kong now cancelled (November 9, 2023)

Another sad day. 😔

FB_IMG_1699526239323~2.jpg

IMG_0374.jpeg

mbr.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though there is a pattern of cancellations, it boils down to Camila. Looking at it a 2nd time, I think that the tour manager brought up insurance liability if she tours and performs on stage.

ðŸĢ

Even though there is a pattern of cancellations, it boils down to Camila. Looking at it a 2nd time, I think that the tour manager brought up insurance liability if she tours and performs on stage.
It's a Morrissey world tour. Camila is part of the band granted, but very much replaceable. Camila isn't the reason.

If it helps (does it really need saying)...

September 10 - Cancelled a set of gigs due to illness.

October 7 - Oct 25: attends 11 live concerts and 1 TV appearance.

November 4 - Singapore cancelled.
November 9 - today's cancellations.

If someone can explain how the pathology and treatment of Dengue Fever fits that above timeline (given the "average" recovery time is suggested to be around 1-10 days) it might help bolster the potentially very flawed assertion that he still has it (if he had it at all etc...).
FWD.

If someone can explain how the pathology and treatment of Dengue Fever fits that above timeline (given the "average" recovery time is suggested to be around 1-10 days) it might help bolster the potentially very flawed assertion that he still has it (if he had it at all etc...).
FWD.
Obviously, it doesn't support it... at the time the announcement never even specifically said it was Morrissey who had Dengue Fever (from what I recall). We all assumed as much.

FWD.
Dengue fever leaves you weak if you are old. He'd have never be able to tour the US and perform on a TV morning show. He just doesn't wanna go to work now, that's it.

When they announced this lengthy tour I was surprised given that he often doesn't "feel well". But you never know. And then the South American tour start and huge parts of the Asian leg got pulled. I mean they were a heck of a lot of dates on different continents to begin with. If he can't do it anymore, more than ok. But then don't plan such a huge ass tour and cancel wildly without explanations. But maybe he feels obligated to live up to his reputation or something. That still won't help him. Sad for the people that looked forward to attend.
I wonder how the band feels about this, always thinking they have to work on certain dates and then don't have to. Yay free time

Dengue fever leaves you weak if you are old. He'd have never be able to tour the US and perform on a TV morning show. He just doesn't wanna go to work now, that's it.
The people defending him are embarrassing themselves. Marianne has got herself all worked up about anyone who dare question Mozzy’s ethics and behaviour.
I think some of the defenders have been radicalised and feel it necessary to defend him because they have nothing in their lives. I think you’re right with all you’ve contributed on this thread. Thank you x
Bet Mozzy is trollied now just like he was after the Mexico cancellation. Gin gin gin loads of gin.

Asian Rut.

When they announced this lengthy tour I was surprised given that he often doesn't "feel well". But you never know. And then the South American tour start and huge parts of the Asian leg got pulled. I mean they were a heck of a lot of dates on different continents to begin with. If he can't do it anymore, more than ok. But then don't plan such a huge ass tour and cancel wildly without explanations. But maybe he feels obligated to live up to his reputation or something. That still won't help him. Sad for the people that looked forward to attend.
I wonder how the band feels about this, always thinking they have to work on certain dates and then don't have to. Yay free time
Is anyone out there yet or did they know a while back

His cancellation rate is shocking, if I've counted right he was scheduled to do 49 gigs this year and if the others go ahead he will complete 77%.

Peter Hook played 52 gigs on his world tour last year and competed 100% and he also played for a minimum of two and a half hours.

They also played a gig even though their flight was delayed and the airline lost most of their equipment.

Last edited:
From my point of view, he accepts every offer to play live. He has never heard, that exotic places on "world tours" require absolute fitness and discipline for an unstable man in his mid-60s. After all, he is Morrissey and people demand it! At least in less critical regions and on home grounds.
In the end, only the bureaucrats and critics hold the cancellations against him. The "real" Morrissey fan always understands.

Obviously, it doesn't support it... at the time the announcement never even specifically said it was Morrissey who had Dengue Fever (from what I recall). We all assumed as much.
I never did assume as much, while accepting that infection as cause of tour disruption.

tenor.gif

I'm --so--so-rry o--oh-o-oh--o-o-oh---

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Next Central post: MORRISSEY CANCELS MORRISSEY

....but he had that awesome american TV appearance and things were so great at the NY residency....at the heights of his powers etc.....fans too.
Are you being ironic ? It’s hard to tell with some fans and their constant excuses .
All I know is when you look how happy Johnny Marr is , Alain W and Boz and then you look at Moz, it’s kind of tragic. M has had issues but there was a light and sense of fun , that hasn’t been there for a while

I don’t think Moz has shown he is still a big bankable name , he can send Fiona a script , do the odd interviews showing he is “quite nice really “ but it’s a pretty lackluster affair these days . The 40 years tour could have been mega . He should have planned before
To make it big . He should have self released his new lps etc , signed to an indie and then put gone to town with the 40 year thing
Instead he tried to attack a record label (again ), got shown his arse (again ). Then went on to do some 40 years shows which to most of use seemed like the usual tour , just with a new name. The venues were not huge and the demand for tickets were nothing special

the announcement never even specifically said it was Morrissey who had Dengue Fever (from what I recall). We all assumed as much.
You have certainly spotted an interesting loophole - you're right, the statement didn't actually state that Moz contracted dengue. You should work for the scrutiny team in the contracts department of a law firm.

Back
Top Bottom