London - The SSE Arena Wembley (Mar. 14, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

London / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / Satan Rejected My Soul / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / Once I Saw The River Clean / Half A Person / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Home Is A Question Mark / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Wedding Bell Blues / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage // Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy

Last edited:
For me, Jim Jim falls. Enjoyable.

He joked about a new song ‘man loses leg in wood cutter’ or equivalent.
Yes,it's a great indication that the new album is worth the anticipation.
Had the band anything written on their Tee-shirts? There was anticipation of corona gags.

Really poor set list.

Most of the people there would have wanted to hear more Smiths' songs.

Are you forgetting something? This is a Morrissey gig not The Smiths, he can play what he damn well wants.

Given the forecast that 80% of UK population could eventually become infected, this show going ahead will have how much impact?
The vulnerable surely need to isolate to protect themselves. I don't say that just because I can't be bothered to stop living my life, but because it's the only practical approach.

Rubbish. People have to contain the spread and that isn’t achieved by selfishly attending mass gatherings. But f*** the rest of them. You are ok.

Just spoke to a lovely security guy inside who said they’re expecting 5,000 tonight. He also said Lewis Capaldi crowd was approx 7,000 last night, with quite a few having stayed away. Atmosphere here feels kind of old school, somehow.
How anyone can bear to look at or listen to that genetically deficient slob is beyond me.

Totally agree, going to a gig is no more risky than getting on a bus and going to work.

Where did you get that moronic science from? So you get on buses with several thousand people and many people all next to you within inches breathing out over you? It’s a matter of stats and numbers. Think about it. Not that difficult.

Yes,it's a great indication that the new album is worth the anticipation.
Had the band anything written on their Tee-shirts? There was anticipation of corona gags.
"That joke isn't funny anymore. It's too close to home and its too near the bone. More than you'll ever know."

True. Set list may look self indulgent but he is on top form, he meant beeswax, mojo fully intact, band were storming too. You had to be there basically. He is supreme. My fave Moz gig yet (only my 13th since '92 shamefully).

Completely agree. He's always brilliant. Wrings every last bit of drama out of every song. Still wickedly funny. Love Is On Its Way Out sounds great live. I loved the bits I thought I didn't like!

I'll happily go see him till he retires or dies.

Cluck cluck

This is beyond hilarious - the usual suspects who criticise cancellations now attack for *not* cancelling. And don't pretend you care a jot about the transmission of the virus, it's just a convenient stick with which to beat M.

Predictable and pathetic.

Do you even care what is going on in the world. The epitome of what is wrong with the world. We don’t care. I will do what I want and care not about consequences

2006, Paris Olympia. Or Motherwell 1995, or Liverpool 1999.

It’s hard to overstate those experiences, for me.

He is 60 though. He can't even be the same as 50. Time takes its toll.

I loved the setlist. And the crowd were loving it. Still chanting & yelling we love you. And it's the same type of crowd! He hasn't been taken over by the dark side.

He's still dying for some approval of California Sun (never believe them when they say they don't care) & it does sounds great. Hopefully a hack will bung him some praise one day & we might hear some more old songs again.

The Morrissey fans are raving about the gig. Came across this tweet which amused me.

I'm even more raging about the press though. Total bastards to take a few comments & overshadow his whole life with him.

There's so much that's unique about his talent. They should focus on that!

He is 60 though. He can't even be the same as 50. Time takes its toll.

I loved the setlist. And the crowd were loving it. Still chanting & yelling we love you. And it's the same type of crowd! He hasn't been taken over by the dark side.

He's still dying for some approval of California Sun (never believe them when they say they don't care) & it does sounds great. Hopefully a hack will bung him some praise one day & we might hear some more old songs again.
He's 60 not 90! He's touring consistently and writing new stuff. No sign of him slowing down. And he's still surprising everyone, especially with this new album - even his detractors are forced to rate it.

Moz was well up for it tonight, very chirpy and despite not directly mentioning it, was appreciative we turned up.
His Master’s Voice gets better.
London, had to be first.
New album will sound excellent going on live performances so far. River is superb.
Twin passed me by on the deluxe version of LIHS, but has become a favourite.
Enjoy the isolation and remember......

Attachments

• 783FA42C-4A05-4B25-96FD-54F58F0C05E7.jpeg
    783FA42C-4A05-4B25-96FD-54F58F0C05E7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 215
None of my pictures improve! BUT I TRY. And balls to whoever says he doesn't care just because he jokes. Gallows humour is fabulous. You're making the world a dull place.

20200315_000901.jpg

20200315_000943.jpg

Do you even care what is going on in the world. The epitome of what is wrong with the world. We don’t care. I will do what I want and care not about consequences
If I choose to go to a concert, don't live with anyone at risk with a health condition, work from home, I don't sneeze on people and use alcohol sanitiser, then it's my business.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom