Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre (Nov. 12, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / First Of The Gang To Die / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Billy Budd / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Jim Jim Falls / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / *Show ends due to unforeseen circumstances*

Setlist courtesy of: SYL via FWD.

Last edited:
That’s what I said though, the Greek website says the show will be rescheduled, but I talked to AXS today and they said they haven’t been approved to give refunds. But someone had posted something on here saying folks COULD get refunds so I’m wondering where that information is coming from.
Obviously, I don't know anything official... but having been in similar situations... refunds probably won't be offered until a makeup show is announced.

Exactly. I couldn’t remember how many. I actually thought it was about six. Come to find out it was actually nine. Nine songs in thirty mins seems like a lot but some are pretty short songs. And 51 ain’t that cold

not for you, you mean.

Lol 👇

Last edited:
Maybe it was me? There was a twitter post last night from a crew called We Are Mozzerians and they posted something that looked like it came from MorrisseyOfficial, and when I realized it was not, I took it down. Sorry for any confusion. It did say you could get refunds on it. Now they are telling people they will get an email, I don't know why they are doing this.
Thank you!

It’s frustrating because I bought my ticket from AXS but it was a resale ticket, so when I talked to AXS they said that when the show gets rescheduled the rescheduled ticket will go to my account but that the emails regarding the rescheduled show will go to the email address of the original purchaser. Seems dumb, I guess I just have to pay attention and hope they don’t send the new ticket to the person I bought mine from after they already made their money back from me (and then some, probably). what a night

Thank you!

It’s frustrating because I bought my ticket from AXS but it was a resale ticket, so when I talked to AXS they said that when the show gets rescheduled the rescheduled ticket will go to my account but that the emails regarding the rescheduled show will go to the email address of the original purchaser. Seems dumb, I guess I just have to pay attention and hope they don’t send the new ticket to the person I bought mine from after they already made their money back from me (and then some, probably). what a night
You're welcome. I am really sorry you are having to deal with this. I have gotten refunds by filing a dispute with my credit card company, I don't know if that could help you here, but I bought a bunch of tickets before covid and when they started postponing and making rules, etc. I just wanted refunds.

It is understandable the discomfort of the people who were but first there is the health of Moz, I hope Morrissey is well. If it was something related to the effect of the cold on his vocal cords, it is better that he made that decision to preserve the following shows, which are many. Maybe Moz should do less, they are very followed. Moz has his years, he is not an old man, but he makes shows very often, he should do less or space them out, and they must return the money to those who went and Moz must publish giving explanations of what happened., another thing should not ask, . That Moz is well is the most important

I watched 30 seconds of the video someone posted, it is easy to see he was struggling. He asked for more clothes, he tried to make it work, but it didn’t. I know it’s disappointing for the people who went to the concert, but a “sorry, can’t do this anymore” from him would have change nothing if you think he owes you a parking refund.
Some people here are acting like he didn’t like the crowd’s faces and left for a few drinks with some obscure actor’s daughter or whatever, and it’s clearly not the case.
Omg. Who's daughter??

Was Jose Maldonado in the pit last night?

THIS WAS HIS ONE CHANCE TO STEP IN AND SAVE THE NIGHT BY BECOMING MORRISSEY AND STEPPING INTO HIS SHOES FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SET. IT WOULDVE BEEN LIKE THAT MOVIE WHERE MARK WALLBERG JOINS THE BAND HE SINGS TRIBUTE FOR. JENNIFER ANNISTON IS IN THE MOVIE TOO.

YOU COULDVE BEEN A REAL SUPER STAR HERO JOSE!!!!!

Was Jose Maldonado in the pit last night?

THIS WAS HIS ONE CHANCE TO STEP IN AND SAVE THE NIGHT BY BECOMING MORRISSEY AND STEPPING INTO HIS SHOES FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SET. IT WOULDVE BEEN LIKE THAT MOVIE WHERE MARK WALLBERG JOINS THE BAND HE SINGS TRIBUTE FOR. JENNIFER ANNISTON IS IN THE MOVIE TOO.

YOU COULDVE BEEN A REAL SUPER STAR HERO JOSE!!!!!

Even Jose said it was too cold, even for super stardom, it was not worth the risk.

I understand people are mad.

However here's the deal. If you know Morrissey at all you already know that EVERY show has the possibly of being cancelled or ending early. You should make you purchases and plans knowing this, because that is how it is and has always been. In fact having been a fan since 86, I knew not to buy tickets to this show knowing it was possible it would be cancelled. Morrissey is, and has always been Morrissey. thinking he is someone else is on YOU, and wishful thinking at best.

However, if there was suppose to be a stage heater and it wasn't working, that is on the venue, not Morrissey.

OK- here's my take: when the show was announced for November, I was immediately concerned it would be cancelled (night of) or cut short. I was at Paso Robles show cancellation, but in all honesty that was super cold (42f). I bought Greek tickets as this was the only show I could make this tour in SO CAL. The venue (Greek) was awesome and the energy was strong, people super excited. Drink prices where outrageous as well as the parking prices, but oh well it's LA and to be expected. The show start time was listed at 8:30PM, having been to over 65 Moz shows, I knew the videos would start at 8:30AM and he'd come on at 9PM sharp, which he did. As he entered the stage and took the mic, he mumbled Los Angeles multiple times then mumbled something that sounded like "I'll try, I'll try 4 or 5 times. I didn't pick up on this until I watched my video of his entrance this AM. Anyhow, he looked over to his roadie and the roadie approached him and spoke in his ear. At the moment, my wife and I, where like "oh no", and immediately thought this shows not going to on for long. In between songs, it sounded like he was breathing hard "as if you breathe when blowing on your hands to warm them up." I saw the roadie bring a scarf and stage it on a box so he could give it to Moz in between songs,. Moz knew it was there bet never went over to get it in between songs. He then went back stage in between songs (I thought agina he's not coming back) but he did and came out with another shirt that looked like it was layered on top of the first T-Shirt he had on. He played 2 more songs, left the stage and that was it. I was at all not surprised.

Yes it was cold and I do see how this could effect his vocals for the rest of the tour and beyond, so I get it. Won't I don't get, and he needs to recognize this (he and his team), he should not be playing "outdoor venues" past September/ October anywhere in North America. Summer/Spring outdoor venues are fine. Fall/Winter strictly indoor venues. I think he wanted to give his LA fans two big arena shows and then move over to the smaller out of the way venues likes El Cajon etc.

So while I was rightfully disappointed, what happened last night was not unexpected (at least on my part). My wife and I had a great night out, it was spendy $$$ and we did not have to travel far (less than 50 miles) and it looks like there will be the option for money back and or a reschedule if that truly happens (reminds me of the inland invasion cancelled then made up show). For those who travelled, ya I'd be pissed as well. What I've learned over my 25 years/65+ Morrissey shows, it is a dangerous proposition to travel to see him, the cancellation factor is always 50/50. Even up to the show, and many other shows, I check Morrisseysolo, and the venues, website multiple times day of show for cancellation.

As we all know, this does not help his reputation and history of cancellations over the years. A knew date and refund option quickly announced, with a statement from Morrissey on morrisseyofficial.com, would help (some).

Hopefully this is a small hiccup, but we know it caused a huge ripple for fans and rightfully so. It will be interesting to see if the El Cajon shows still go on, that will be a tell tale sign if it's something bigger or truly just a poorly scheduled show at a venue outside that is ripe for cancellation given his history and given the time of year/temperature in California.

That's my take on things, wishing everyone a blessed day ~
A very fair assessment. With the level of management Morrissey has at the moment (Crikey , if you can manage Madonna...) I am still amazed they allowed a booking of a show at the Greek in November. Any number of indoor venues in LA were better options.

EVENT INFORMATION
The Morrissey concert has been postponed to a TBD date. Please continue to monitor our website for further information. Thank You.

Thank you .
And it seems, we in the uk are very lucky to not just get the best M performances, usually but also we have
suede who will not be going to the USA again in a hurry .
It seems the hassle and money issues, mean it's not worth it for them .It's a shame as Brett and co seemed to have fun and they gave the fans a real treat .

9 songs before walking off is a pretty big number. Isn't there a certain number of songs you can perform, and then not legally be required to offer a refund? You bought a ticket to a Morrissey concert, which you got - it didn't say how long it was going to be.
Being realistic, there could very well be some truth to that. It's interesting to consider. I guess we will never know the details of his contract and his contractual obligations.

Last edited:
Thank you .
And it seems, we in the uk are very lucky to not just get the best M performances, usually but also we have
suede who will not be going to the USA again in a hurry .
It seems the hassle and money issues, mean it's not worth it for them .It's a shame as Brett and co seemed to have fun and they gave the fans a real treat .
The last performance in Ontario, California was a better set list and performance than any of the recent U.K shows by far! And who cares about Suede.....

Back
Top Bottom