Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre (Nov. 12, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / First Of The Gang To Die / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Billy Budd / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Jim Jim Falls / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / *Show ends due to unforeseen circumstances*

Setlist courtesy of: SYL via FWD.

Last edited:
Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / First Of The Gang To Die / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Billy Budd / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Jim Jim Falls / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / *Show ends due to unforeseen circumstances*

• According to the event detail page on the Greek Theatre site, the concert is postponed. Link posted by Redacted.

EVENT INFORMATION
    Tonight’s Morrissey concert has been postponed to a TBD date. Please continue to monitor our website for further information.
    Thank You.
What a shame, everyone was there to have a great time and Morrissey walks off the stage after 25 minutes. Never again will I attend a Morrissey concert.

First Morrissey Concert and to be honest we deserved a better explanation on why he was cancelling after being so late. Concert was not cheap at all it's not fair to pay hard earning money and not see a good show at lease give us our money back.

Setlist:

• According to the event detail page on the Greek Theatre site, the concert is postponed. Link posted by Redacted.

EVENT INFORMATION
    Tonight’s Morrissey concert has been postponed to a TBD date. Please continue to monitor our website for further information.
    Thank You.
Oh dear, once again - the irony of Stop Me in the set; I weep. The expense that we go to, to support him and he pulls this stunt yet again, sending Bodger & Badger out to make his excuses. I feel your pain LA.

He doesn't always make up for it. He did a very short show on the Maladjusted tour (supposedly fell ill 30 minutes in) and there were no refunds and no rescheduled date.
WARSAW was much shorter than this…

What a shame, everyone was there to have a great time and Morrissey walks off the stage after 25 minutes. Never again will I attend a Morrissey concert.
Boo hoo

Oh dear, once again - the irony of Stop Me in the set; I weep. The expense that we go to, to support him and he pulls this stunt yet again, sending Bodger & Badger out to make his excuses. I feel your pain LA.

:drama::ahhh::rofl:

oooh the ‘pain’.

25 minutes with M. , well I woudn't say no ...

I last saw Moz in CA at Coachella, having seen him a number of times before that, so this was my first show back in quite some time. It WAS cold (especially my feet) but the band and Morrissey sounded amazing. I thought he sounded much better than I last remembered and I was really enjoying the show. The song selection was fantastic, but I knew as soon as the band left the stage it was going to be cancelled. They stood there with backs to the audience for what seemed like 5 minutes (after Moz already walked off the second or third? time) then they just set the instruments down and filed off one by one. Disappointing for sure, but looking forward to the redeux!

At the end of the day, we all love Moz and only want what’s best for him.

The consistent problem here of him walking off / cancelling is the lack of comms from him, himself.

If he really couldn’t sing anymore, he should have said it to the audience and apologised in front of them. You immediately defuse the “oh Morrissey is at it again’ because it’s him speaking to the audience.

I believe in his autobiography he touches on this, and explains that he doesn’t want to bail or give any less than his best, and I’m sure he doesn’t.

But you need to speak to your fans, not send Jesse out
Exactly, is it beneath him to offer a sincere apology to the audience and explain why he's ending the show?

What gives? Moz not feeling himself? His voice was off? In a mood? It was a packed house too…
He was too cold, according to the crew member I was standing next to. He even made a comment about it during the show. It was very cold 🥶

Exactly, is it beneath him to offer a sincere apology to the audience and explain why he's ending the show?
do you think javert or anyone knows? Of course we could go on speculating why he didn’t himself announce that the theaters heating system doesn’t seem to be working(?)

But of course being solo, it seems more enjoyable for some to have a dig at M, without knowing the facts. Dig on.

The message is clear...NEVER attend an outdoor Morrissey show. Same thing happened to me in Paso in 2017 minus the 9 free songs, AND after I had bought drinks and merch no less.

OK- here's my take: when the show was announced for November, I was immediately concerned it would be cancelled (night of) or cut short. I was at Paso Robles show cancellation, but in all honesty that was super cold (42f). I bought Greek tickets as this was the only show I could make this tour in SO CAL. The venue (Greek) was awesome and the energy was strong, people super excited. Drink prices where outrageous as well as the parking prices, but oh well it's LA and to be expected. The show start time was listed at 8:30PM, having been to over 65 Moz shows, I knew the videos would start at 8:30AM and he'd come on at 9PM sharp, which he did. As he entered the stage and took the mic, he mumbled Los Angeles multiple times then mumbled something that sounded like "I'll try, I'll try 4 or 5 times. I didn't pick up on this until I watched my video of his entrance this AM. Anyhow, he looked over to his roadie and the roadie approached him and spoke in his ear. At the moment, my wife and I, where like "oh no", and immediately thought this shows not going to on for long. In between songs, it sounded like he was breathing hard "as if you breathe when blowing on your hands to warm them up." I saw the roadie bring a scarf and stage it on a box so he could give it to Moz in between songs,. Moz knew it was there bet never went over to get it in between songs. He then went back stage in between songs (I thought agina he's not coming back) but he did and came out with another shirt that looked like it was layered on top of the first T-Shirt he had on. He played 2 more songs, left the stage and that was it. I was at all not surprised.

Yes it was cold and I do see how this could effect his vocals for the rest of the tour and beyond, so I get it. Won't I don't get, and he needs to recognize this (he and his team), he should not be playing "outdoor venues" past September/ October anywhere in North America. Summer/Spring outdoor venues are fine. Fall/Winter strictly indoor venues. I think he wanted to give his LA fans two big arena shows and then move over to the smaller out of the way venues likes El Cajon etc.

So while I was rightfully disappointed, what happened last night was not unexpected (at least on my part). My wife and I had a great night out, it was spendy $$$ and we did not have to travel far (less than 50 miles) and it looks like there will be the option for money back and or a reschedule if that truly happens (reminds me of the inland invasion cancelled then made up show). For those who travelled, ya I'd be pissed as well. What I've learned over my 25 years/65+ Morrissey shows, it is a dangerous proposition to travel to see him, the cancellation factor is always 50/50. Even up to the show, and many other shows, I check Morrisseysolo, and the venues, website multiple times day of show for cancellation.

As we all know, this does not help his reputation and history of cancellations over the years. A knew date and refund option quickly announced, with a statement from Morrissey on morrisseyofficial.com, would help (some).

Hopefully this is a small hiccup, but we know it caused a huge ripple for fans and rightfully so. It will be interesting to see if the El Cajon shows still go on, that will be a tell tale sign if it's something bigger or truly just a poorly scheduled show at a venue outside that is ripe for cancellation given his history and given the time of year/temperature in California.

That's my take on things, wishing everyone a blessed day ~

Last edited:
He cancelled the show because it was chilly? That is very unprofessional. It’s Southern California! How chilly could it be?!Mmm
It would have been 11C / 52F when he walked off. With a breeze, that can feel really cold at my age! (And he's 11 years older than me.) However, hasn't he heard of the Marks & Spencer thermal range? A couple of layers and you're good to go!

Poor Morrissey, it feels like a while since he's done something like this. I feel bad for anyone who was there.

Barack’s gonl
It would have been 11C / 52F when he walked off. With a breeze, that can feel really cold at my age! (And he's 11 years older than me.) However, hasn't he heard of the Marks & Spencer thermal range? A couple of layers and you're good to go!

Poor Morrissey, it feels like a while since he's done something like this. I feel bad for anyone

Poor Morrissey, it feels like a while since he's done something like this. I feel bad for anyone who was there.
It was very, very cold.
One nasty word about Steve, and I’ll have Barack Obama deport you!

I was so cold that I actually stole a blanket from the VIP lounge and bought a f***ing $60 shot of whiskey 🥃 in order to get thru the set without getting frostbite. I can’t imagine how cold Steve must have been on that stage.

Hope that sweet man is tucked up in his bed with a hot toddy and a plate of mashed potatoes right now ✨✨❤️
C45DE883-F971-4229-8804-E240823C5F50.jpeg

Heres a photo of me wrapped in a shitty dirty blanket that I stole from the VIP lounge. I want to emphasize that it was indeed very, very cold last night and it probably felt colder that the actual temperature because of the natural environment that we were in.

Back
Top Bottom